Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 8 Jul 2023, 09:55 (Ref:4167161)   #26
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So far pretty good other teams and for new Porsches - Penske?

No 98? HoR just at LM?
Old 8 Jul 2023, 09:57 (Ref:4167163)   #27
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
So far pretty good other teams and for new Porsches - Penske?

No 98? HoR just at LM?
Heart of Racing have the IMSA clash this weekend which they couldn't overcome. But I believe they should return for the rest of the series.

I've set up a race thread as I think through qualy and the race there's going to be plenty to talk about.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 19:50 (Ref:4167630)   #28
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Premier League football levels of nonsense.
Although a football match is only a couple of hours, not a full day event.
Old 11 Jul 2023, 14:16 (Ref:4167903)   #29
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I'm curious to hear how the 'no-cap-on-the-bottle' saga ended?!
Old 11 Jul 2023, 18:29 (Ref:4167964)   #30
Substitute79
Rookie

Substitute79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No security at all, just ticket check. Biggest problem was finding water and shade, was brutal.
Old 12 Jul 2023, 11:51 (Ref:4168062)   #31
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I'm curious to hear how the 'no-cap-on-the-bottle' saga ended?!
Caps on the heads it seems.
Old 12 Jul 2023, 12:53 (Ref:4168076)   #32
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My experience for going Monza:

1) No info on how to get train ticket from Milan to Monza - turns out you need to buy from a specific vendor(cannot use all ticekt machines in the station) - made more confusing by big signs saying "Free entry" at the station

2) On the way back waited 45 mins for the bus to take us back to the train station. One would think that with 60-70k people coming for an event - they will add more buses for 1 day. Also no taxis at the exit - one would imagine it would be a good business day taxing fans from the track to wherever they are going

Yes I am aware this could have been sorted with better pre event planning

3) I enjoyed the event, the sounds and the atmosphere. The heat was tough and very little shade made it even more so. But definately a great experience and made all the above issues worth it. But I do not think I will recommed going Monza to many. As viewing spots I think it lacks to other tracks. You can see cars going donw a straight only so many times
Old 13 Jul 2023, 03:03 (Ref:4168179)   #33
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for the feedback

Glad you had a good time
Old 13 Aug 2023, 23:46 (Ref:4172635)   #34
XtC24
Racer

XtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridXtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"2) On the way back waited 45 mins for the bus to take us back to the train station. One would think that with 60-70k people coming for an event - they will add more buses for 1 day. Also no taxis at the exit - one would imagine it would be a good business day taxing fans from the track to wherever they are going"

Yeah, that was baaad and crazy. We were waiting long too.

Guess the authorities only notice when there is F1 there.
Regarding the caps it was very liberal, not much checking at all.

Fantastic sights and sounds, abm first timers. Altough mostly from one site it was amazing. However we walked a little and managed to get very close to the track in Parabolica and next on the main straights. We also had very easy to get good places in the shadow (it was hot indeed).

Another fantastic thing were all the Hypercars on display. Also Alpine and BMW. Great...
Old 13 Aug 2023, 23:50 (Ref:4172636)   #35
XtC24
Racer

XtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridXtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some pics
Attached Thumbnails
20230709_111339.jpg   20230709_111410.jpg   20230709_111503.jpg  

20230709_121858.jpg   20230709_100911.jpg   20230709_111733.jpg  

Old 14 Aug 2023, 01:31 (Ref:4172645)   #36
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for sharing your experience and the photos.
Old 14 Mar 2024, 09:04 (Ref:4201199)   #37
XtC24
Racer

Hello again,

going to Spa in May this time
Maybe it would be cool to have a general topic like "going to WEC race live".
Is there a possibility to change the name of the topic?

Anyway, going to Spa With my son again and my father

I have a question for now for experienced "visitors".

We have a hotel in Spa, but it is about 20 minutes by car to the track.

I will buy the third ticket today and I am wondering is it worth it to buy the parking place? Maybe there are such big traffic jams, that it would be better to leave the car in the town and go by bus to the circuit?
I also consider other solution because we want to go as early as possible to secure good viewing places, maybe two of us will get out of car and go to the circuit and the third one will look for a place outside the circuit somewhere and comes later?

What is your experience?

Thank you
Old 14 Mar 2024, 11:47 (Ref:4201208)   #38
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtC24 View Post
Hello again,

going to Spa in May this time
Maybe it would be cool to have a general topic like "going to WEC race live".
Is there a possibility to change the name of the topic?

Anyway, going to Spa With my son again and my father

I have a question for now for experienced "visitors".

We have a hotel in Spa, but it is about 20 minutes by car to the track.

I will buy the third ticket today and I am wondering is it worth it to buy the parking place? Maybe there are such big traffic jams, that it would be better to leave the car in the town and go by bus to the circuit?
I also consider other solution because we want to go as early as possible to secure good viewing places, maybe two of us will get out of car and go to the circuit and the third one will look for a place outside the circuit somewhere and comes later?

What is your experience?

Thank you
My advice: don't buy a parkingticket in advance. It's much cheaper to buy the parking tickets at the gate (€35 vs +-€10). Same parkingplace and same traffic jam for less money.
Old 20 Mar 2024, 18:03 (Ref:4202025)   #39
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Mine: check though the forum and you'll find a lot of good advices as to going to Spa-Francorchamps, aka Franco. I remember a thread talking about bikes and stuff but can't find it atm. Have fun there, special place.