Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 19 Sep 2022, 09:43 (Ref:4126478)   #26
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
This is my 36th and last season, My Wife Elaine and I are moving over to Northern Ireland in retirement and it feels like a good time to say thank you and good night, might carry on Stewarding if MSUK will have me.
You will be missed but I hope you both enjoy retirement.
Old 19 Sep 2022, 13:48 (Ref:4126496)   #27
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Jim.
Old 23 Sep 2022, 18:29 (Ref:4127029)   #28
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thought you had more staying power than that,just 36 years and retiring.
Old 23 Sep 2022, 19:45 (Ref:4127035)   #29
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well I did race (badly) for 8 years before that Bob, but I know I'm only a boy compared to your good self.

I will contact the 500 MRCI to see if they need a Clerk or Event Steward but I'm not holding my breath.

Our new place is 5 minutes from Bishopscourt & 30 from Kirkistown so who knows?
Old 23 Sep 2022, 22:18 (Ref:4127045)   #30
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They would be daft not to tap into your experience.

I am not sure we've actually met but I've enjoyed chatting virtually, and I hope you enjoy your "retirement" and that you keep on these pages.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 24 Sep 2022, 09:56 (Ref:4127078)   #31
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
well I did race (badly) for 8 years before that Bob, but I know I'm only a boy compared to your good self.

I will contact the 500 MRCI to see if they need a Clerk or Event Steward but I'm not holding my breath.

Our new place is 5 minutes from Bishopscourt & 30 from Kirkistown so who knows?
There's always Mondello Park Dave, a bit of a run, but a good circuit. Did a training day there with Chris Hobson a few years ago now, nice place.
Old 14 Jan 2023, 16:39 (Ref:4140152)   #32
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
I've made contact with the 500 MRCI, and am popping over to Kirkistown on Thursday for a chat. It's the first time I've had to go by ferry to a Race Track for a few years.
Old 18 May 2023, 15:24 (Ref:4156730)   #33
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Slightly reviving this thread, after getting on for 50 years of rallying, both competing and marshalling, and racing (with a tiny bit of marshalling), as my race partner has packed up I'm at something of a loose end. I've done a couple of Safety Car sessions with my old race club, CSCC, and as they are asking for marshals for the Anglesey 24 hour, I've stirred myself to do the MSUK online accreditation course, and registered for my marshalling licence......

Not sure how far I want to be bothered progressing up the grading ladder - I did do a marshalling training day 10 yrears or more ago, but not sure how good this old dog will be at learning new tricks

Still, if I can put a bit back in before my knees seize up completely, I might as well.