Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 28 Apr 2023, 07:56 (Ref:4153275)   #26
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
With MM out, Jerez will be a different story. Interesting words from Aleix Espargarò - finished 3rd last year- saying he's very confident and not bothered by Fabio and/or his Yam nor Pecco.

Target lap time 1'37"669. Lets see.
Old 28 Apr 2023, 07:58 (Ref:4153276)   #27
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Tu vas suivre en direct, "Dave"?
Old 28 Apr 2023, 11:11 (Ref:4153297)   #28
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wonder if MM is considering retirement with so many injuries and knowing the next one could end his career
Old 28 Apr 2023, 20:06 (Ref:4153399)   #29
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Impressed by Dani Pedrosa's return… Bagnaia, Bezzecchi, Bastianini and Quartararo in Q1, incroyable!
Old 29 Apr 2023, 07:24 (Ref:4153458)   #30
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Bastianini happy but not sure to take part (shoulder injury it seems).

EB, tu as vu Fabio commence ?* déchanter, les promesses de son team fin 2022 pour le garder ne sont pas tenues. Il aurait dû regarder ce qui s'est passé avant lui, notamment pour VR.
Old 29 Apr 2023, 15:51 (Ref:4153605)   #31
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Starting grid: A Espargaro/Aprilia, J Miller/KTM, J Martin/Ducati, B Binder/KTM, F Bagnaia/Ducati, D Pedrosa/KTM, M Oliveira/Aprilia, J Zarco/Ducati, L Marini/Ducati, M Vignales/ Aprilia. Fabio far away (16th), Morbidelli has been faster.
Old 30 Apr 2023, 09:31 (Ref:4153766)   #32
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Well done Brad Binder/KTM for winning the sprint race. It seems that both Fabio and his manager have many things to say to the Yam staff… In French, English, Japanese, Silbo or will they speak with their hands?
Old 1 May 2023, 14:39 (Ref:4154019)   #33
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Binder is a great speedway rider, never knowingly has the wheels in line! KTM have come a long way and it's really good to see Danny P back in the saddle.
Old 1 May 2023, 14:45 (Ref:4154022)   #34
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Binder is a great speedway rider, never knowingly has the wheels in line! KTM have come a long way and it's really good to see Danny P back in the saddle.
+ 1!
Old 2 May 2023, 02:14 (Ref:4154099)   #35
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Totally agree re Binder and he must be the latest of the late breakers.... that last lap chase had my heart in my mouth throughout, almost wishing him to settle for 2nd rather than end up on his backside with nothing but gravel rash following a great and brave ride. Re the KTMs for sure they have come a long way in a short time. Their starting system whatever it might be is superb. They seem to often arrive at T1 in a 1-2 repeatedly.

As an aside I thought Fabio ws hard done by in getting the long lap penalty for 'causing' the incident. From what I saw he had nowhere to go and was squeezed into a reducing space through no fault of his own. That he then got a second penalty for crossing the line on exit was a little silly of him, but I can imagine his frustration for even being put in that position. A creditable performance to come back from that and still finish 10th on a bike which is at best a bit of a dog despite the promises from Yamaha.

Gerard I am not sure Fabio fits the VR 46 philosophy of Italian Team Italian Bike and Italian riders. Agree Fabio needs a better ride than Yamaha seems able to offer him. Hopefully Fabio has a performance related escape / exit clause in his Yam contract..... Put him on a KTM!
Old 3 May 2023, 15:32 (Ref:4154339)   #36
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Gerard I am not sure Fabio fits the VR 46 philosophy of Italian Team Italian Bike and Italian riders. Agree Fabio needs a better ride than Yamaha seems able to offer him. Hopefully Fabio has a performance related escape / exit clause in his Yam contract..... Put him on a KTM!
Re this 2023 year, its canned I'm afraid. Seems his manager Mahé wanted a full team focused/dedicated to one rider but it does not work like that, things have change since Lorenzo. Its the first time Fabio complains about the staff, asking for professional people… Too late again.
Old 5 May 2023, 08:57 (Ref:4154560)   #37
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Great win by Binder in the sprint, he's getting stronger all the time. However Bagnaia is now back on top after two costly mistakes. My tip to retain the title
Old 13 May 2023, 13:50 (Ref:4155848)   #38
N Martin
Racer

N Martin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridN Martin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great sprint race at le man's. Martin dominated that one. Shame Miller threw it away. Overall a good clean race. Another great performance from Sam Lowes in moto2 quali. Great to see him on form speaking as an Englishman.
Old 14 May 2023, 14:01 (Ref:4155970)   #39
N Martin
Racer

N Martin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridN Martin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well what a race that was. Good overtakes, handbags at dawn and a great show for the record crowd. Great performance by Marc Marquez, In hindsight maybe he should have let Martin go. But that Honda had no right being in 2nd place. A pure Marquez performance. Moto2 was a good race. Shame Sam Lowes binned it but a great effort by the Marc VDS team to get him back for the restart after that scary accident. Thankfully all ok. Congrats to Arbolino on that one. Really enjoying moto2 this year its great. Long break now until Mugello. Hopefully we have a full grid of full time riders for this one.
Old 18 May 2023, 14:21 (Ref:4156716)   #40
S griffin
Veteran

Quite a few incidents in that one. Great win by Martin, looked cool throughout. Marquez did his usual win or bin approach. He did well to get that Honda up there. Maybe I was wrong to write him off too soon. Yet another crash from Bagnaia, but at least it wasn’t his fault this time. Nice to see him forgiving Vinales easily. Yet another awful weekend for Quatararo. Can’t see him challenging for the title this year
Old 18 May 2023, 14:43 (Ref:4156724)   #41
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Great win by Martin, looked cool throughout.
Maybe you watched a different race. The MotoGP race I saw was won by Marco Bezzecchi, by a margin
Old 18 May 2023, 16:54 (Ref:4156742)   #42
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Maybe you watched a different race. The MotoGP race I saw was won by Marco Bezzecchi, by a margin
Ha yes, Marco who you say… Never heard about this Margin bike tho! Chinese?
Old 20 May 2023, 05:35 (Ref:4156888)   #43
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Dave, tu as lu les récentes déclarations de Pecco? Si oui, tu as du voir que Hervé Poncharal n'a rien perdu de son franc-parler: énormes conneries! This guy, Poncharal, is really different, team based at Bormes les Mimosas -between Hicksville and Redneck bridge-, a long carrier and a real petrol head. His former team mechanic, Guy Coulon, owns a nice batch of two stroke engined bikes. Really far from deserved clichés about Frogs.
Old 20 May 2023, 07:08 (Ref:4156891)   #44
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
It gets so confusing with so many riders winning these days
Old 13 Jun 2023, 17:52 (Ref:4163577)   #45
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Should have been done last year but hey better late that never, at last Fabio fired his so called agent, Eric Mahé. What a good move. Welcome FQ20, the new Fabio's structure of management. Read this Ducati? or KTM may be… Your thoughts EB?
Old 13 Jun 2023, 22:25 (Ref:4163601)   #46
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Should have been done last year but hey better late that never, at last Fabio fired his so called agent, Eric Mahé. What a good move. Welcome FQ20, the new Fabio's structure of management. Read this Ducati? or KTM may be… Your thoughts EB?
He is certainly wasting his talent where he is, I would have thought that Yamaha will get out like Suzuki did
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 14 Jun 2023, 06:47 (Ref:4163625)   #47
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
He is certainly wasting his talent where he is, I would have thought that Yamaha will get out like Suzuki did
And he's/was taking risks well beyond the limits. Waste of time, of talent as you say and his reputation is somewhat wrecked too. Till the beginning of this season he was standing far from the french riders/drivers clichés but now, to some, he will be the one who moans about his team and bike, looking for excuses. Very good move to see his ex-manager far away imo.
Old 15 Jun 2023, 14:48 (Ref:4163876)   #48
S griffin
Veteran

Fabio certainly seems to have lost something this year

Anyway great win for Bagnaia, dominated that weekend. Hard to see anything other than a 2nd title for him this year. Marc Marquez once again falls trying to get more out of the Honda than is possible.

Overall thanks to ITV for screening it live, but I wish they would get rid of the aero on these bikes, the racing isn't as good with them
Old 16 Jun 2023, 07:57 (Ref:4163954)   #49
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
https://www.motogp.com/fr/contact
https://www.ville-bormes.fr/fr
Old 16 Jun 2023, 09:08 (Ref:4163972)   #50
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I think it would be fair to award quickly Fernando-The-Mechanic. Did you ever see someone putting a bike in pieces within seconds without the help of any spanner or screwdriver? Gosh, he's fast for sure. Very good publicity for Tech3 activity of classic bikes restauration methinks.