Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 23 Jul 2022, 22:38 (Ref:4120293)   #1
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Where Have The Adverts Gone?

Adverts have been making zero revenue for a couple of years now.

So what's the point of having them?

Asked myself that recently, so they are gone for all users now.

To the loyal subscribers that have paid to have adverts removed over the years you have my thanks.

For anyone that's subscribed since the start of January wishes a full refund please contact me by PM.
Old 25 Jul 2022, 11:56 (Ref:4120457)   #2
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The ads here were always the least relevant to me. They were mostly women clothing - which I get no ads on anywhere else. I don't know if that was others experience.
Old 25 Jul 2022, 12:38 (Ref:4120460)   #3
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
The ads here were always the least relevant to me. They were mostly women clothing - which I get no ads on anywhere else. I don't know if that was others experience.
Maybe the adverts reflect the other activity on your device lol
Old 26 Jul 2022, 06:30 (Ref:4120524)   #4
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
A few years ago I decided to subscribe so that I didn't see the adverts anyway.
(So that's one small saving I'll make next year!)
Old 26 Jul 2022, 07:28 (Ref:4120532)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Maybe the adverts reflect the other activity on your device lol
Mrs Ayse isn't very computer-savvy, so I do most of the online ordering for her, all sorts of things from clothes to household items and 'all sorts'. I get some quite weird and wonderful adverts when I surf the net.....

The one thing that puzzles me is that whatever process or algorithm does these things isn't intelligent enough to realise when you've actually made a purchase, and keeps showing you adverts for the thing (sometimes large and expensive items) you've recently bought that you're unlike to need to buy again in a hurry.....
Old 26 Jul 2022, 08:19 (Ref:4120534)   #6
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
The one thing that puzzles me is that whatever process or algorithm does these things isn't intelligent enough to realise when you've actually made a purchase, and keeps showing you adverts for the thing (sometimes large and expensive items) you've recently bought that you're unlike to need to buy again in a hurry.....
I call that the "Bullseye - Bully's Special Prize" moment, "Look at what you could have won (bought)!"
Old 27 Jul 2022, 13:19 (Ref:4120656)   #7
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Yup, was similar thing here. It was a singular clothing company but not something my wife or I ever shopped. It would also appear on other sites so I think that was just a standard ad rather than any attempt to target. If I saw Camp Chef or other cooking gear stuff maybe, but not so much here.
Old 21 May 2023, 09:14 (Ref:4157097)   #8
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hi Grant

I notice that the automatic notice from the site still sends out a reminder - well, it did to me, anyway - that the paid subscription was due.

Not a major problem, but it did make you route around to see if payments could still be made to help you out a bit.

Best regards, Mike
Old 21 May 2023, 09:53 (Ref:4157101)   #9
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Hi Grant

I notice that the automatic notice from the site still sends out a reminder - well, it did to me, anyway - that the paid subscription was due.

Not a major problem, but it did make you route around to see if payments could still be made to help you out a bit.

Best regards, Mike
Cheers for that, I'll take a look around and see where that's coming from when I get home on Tuesday.
Old 21 May 2023, 14:38 (Ref:4157178)   #10
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Cheers for that, I'll take a look around and see where that's coming from when I get home on Tuesday.

Good stuff, Grant.