Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 25 May 2023, 18:06 (Ref:4157971)   #826
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
PS Guys - I'll be cleaning up this thread after I get back from LM. It's getting a bit too chatty and it has a function to perform.
Old 25 May 2023, 18:07 (Ref:4157972)   #827
Alex_
Rookie

Spain
Alex_ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
If you check the ACO site map it shows all the campsites and those with fan zones, pretty sure Beasjours and the new sites all have screens but best to check on the aco site to confirm
I also liked the location of the Beasjours campsite. Do you think I can walk to his fan zone without a ticket?
Old 25 May 2023, 18:14 (Ref:4157974)   #828
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
yes, the camping ticket is for the car, so anyone can walk in or out of the campsite
Old 25 May 2023, 18:20 (Ref:4157976)   #829
Alex_
Rookie

Spain
Alex_ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you! I will walk around different campsites 24 hours
Old 1 Jun 2023, 07:45 (Ref:4159072)   #830
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Daft question time: Where on earth do you find your e tickets on this clunky ACO website?
Old 1 Jun 2023, 07:55 (Ref:4159073)   #831
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ok, found them.
Old 1 Jun 2023, 09:52 (Ref:4159087)   #832
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Ok, found them.
That was quick - suggest a screen print photo back up as my wonderful i cloud one threw up an error after a couple of days -saved into favourites or an album
Old 2 Jun 2023, 06:24 (Ref:4159219)   #833
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Is there a good spotters guide out there yet?
Old 2 Jun 2023, 06:40 (Ref:4159223)   #834
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
That was quick - suggest a screen print photo back up as my wonderful i cloud one threw up an error after a couple of days -saved into favourites or an album
In fairness, I had been searching for about 30mins, going round in circles.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 06:50 (Ref:4159226)   #835
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Is there a good spotters guide out there yet?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sjkofhmnx3...04eng.pdf?dl=0

I also have these I found on FB
Attached Thumbnails
SG23_Hyper.jpg   SG23 - LMP2.jpg   SG23 - GTEAm.jpg  

Old 2 Jun 2023, 09:23 (Ref:4159266)   #836
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heads up - received following email from ACO this morning -

"You booked an Entry + Grandstand pack for the Centenary of the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Due to a problem with the QR Code on your ticket, we inform you that you need to download it again if you had done it before December ,15th 2022.
We look forward to welcoming you."

If you can't find your tickets follow the guide in the email. I will be taking both versions on good old paper ...
Old 2 Jun 2023, 09:30 (Ref:4159270)   #837
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Peak ACO that. Good job a) hadn't set off yet and b) didn't buy the tickets from anyone else.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 09:33 (Ref:4159271)   #838
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's all been a bit Fred Kano's Army hasn't it (that's one for the older ten tenthers ...)
Old 2 Jun 2023, 09:36 (Ref:4159272)   #839
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Heads up - received following email from ACO this morning -

"You booked an Entry + Grandstand pack for the Centenary of the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Due to a problem with the QR Code on your ticket, we inform you that you need to download it again if you had done it before December ,15th 2022.
We look forward to welcoming you."

If you can't find your tickets follow the guide in the email. I will be taking both versions on good old paper ...
Not had that email yet. downloaded mine as soon as i got them last year
Old 2 Jun 2023, 09:39 (Ref:4159274)   #840
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Not had that email yet. downloaded mine as soon as i got them last year
It's easy to spot if there's an issue. Check the two QR codes on each ticket to see if they're the same. Mine certainly weren't so will need to re-print. And will also make sure I've got the mobile ones set up too.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 10:13 (Ref:4159284)   #841
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, several years ago.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 10:24 (Ref:4159288)   #842
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's also a hosepipe ban in france at the moment i understand, so even if they weren't already banned, you couldn't fill them !
Old 2 Jun 2023, 10:47 (Ref:4159294)   #843
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks guys. At least I can blame the local authorities for being the kill joys here, rather than me.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 11:36 (Ref:4159299)   #844
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
It's easy to spot if there's an issue. Check the two QR codes on each ticket to see if they're the same. Mine certainly weren't so will need to re-print. And will also make sure I've got the mobile ones set up too.
Well I just re-downloaded my PDFs from the ticket site and the QR codes are still not identical. It's exactly the same version as I downloaded originally.

So absolutely no idea...
Old 2 Jun 2023, 11:53 (Ref:4159302)   #845
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a mystery how the ACO manages to put on a motor race (or several) every year.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 12:35 (Ref:4159307)   #846
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Peak ACO that. Good job a) hadn't set off yet and b) didn't buy the tickets from anyone else.
There was a similar issue with the QR codes for entry to British GT at Silverstone, where they re-generated the codes a week before the event, so if you were keen and downloaded the code when you bought your ticket you had to get them to resend it.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 13:15 (Ref:4159322)   #847
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I've made the jump to the mobile tickets now but even then it's pretty poor. Just a PDF essentially. No integration with things like Apple wallet or whatever the equivalent version is for Android. You'll need a third party app of some sort to house it on your iPhone (personally I use the Documents app).

It's pretty basic stuff in 2023.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 13:34 (Ref:4159327)   #848
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I have my one pdf in Files. I had trouble as for some reason it wouldn't email, so I sent it around on our whatsapp group from my pc and then downloaded it from there onto my phone. Having said that, I have a sticker for it anyway.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 14:32 (Ref:4159333)   #849
mogwai
Rookie

United Kingdom
mogwai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmogwai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey all - We are traveling from the US to France and staying in the "glamping" section purchased from Motorsport Destinations. I'm wondering about food. Should we expect to cook on a camp stove near the tent and should we stop to load of up supplies as we drive from Paris to the circuit? I'm confused as to how to approach the food planning effectively.

It seems unrealistic to rely on only track dining facilities for our needs but maybe not?
Old 2 Jun 2023, 14:38 (Ref:4159334)   #850
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I believe TD have a bar and cafe in their glamping area. They have one on Porsche Curves and at their flexotels. But you might be wise to get food and expect to BBQ since the food choices are pretty limited. That said I enjoy steak sandwiches.
Closed Thread