Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 May 2023, 11:40 (Ref:4156545)   #3101
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That is wonderful. Have a great time.
Old 17 May 2023, 21:52 (Ref:4156641)   #3102
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Back from my evening with TK, was great fun got to talk to him before it all started and i was the first to get my book signed, he spoke for about and hour then took questions and i was one of those lucky enough to ask one.
A few le mans regulars there as well
Old 17 May 2023, 21:57 (Ref:4156642)   #3103
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wonderful.
Old 18 May 2023, 05:28 (Ref:4156663)   #3104
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fab, sounds like a very special evening, Simon, glad you had such fun!
Old 18 May 2023, 07:08 (Ref:4156669)   #3105
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Back from my evening with TK, was great fun got to talk to him before it all started and i was the first to get my book signed, he spoke for about and hour then took questions and i was one of those lucky enough to ask one.
A few le mans regulars there as well
A legend in and out of the car. Just what we like to hear. Always had a lot of time for him.

Be interested to know what sort of questions he was asked
Old 18 May 2023, 08:20 (Ref:4156681)   #3106
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i asked him about cars he would have loved to have driven but as he was able to, his answer was that thanks to goodwood he now gets to drive alsorts of different cars and although he is mostly very respectful he does find that if he is up against people he knows in equally matched cars the old instincts kick in and things get interesting. He did mention the toyota's but i was wearing my toyota shirt so perhaps that prompted that mention. Another questions was about how he managed to keep concentration over multiple stints and he recounted about how he once stayed in the car for a fourth stint and soon regreted it as cramp started to set in and he came close to ruining the race for the team.
Old 23 May 2023, 07:54 (Ref:4157536)   #3107
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You know you are getting close to race week when the Radio Le Mans schedule starts listing events for the 24hrs.

No sign of the preview shows/podcasts yet, though.

Old 24 May 2023, 18:39 (Ref:4157795)   #3108
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
You know you are getting close to race week when the Radio Le Mans schedule starts listing events for the 24hrs.

No sign of the preview shows/podcasts yet, though.

I know i am getting close to race when I hear Radio Le Mans in my personal car when I go to work (at the city of Le Mans)
Old 25 May 2023, 07:37 (Ref:4157863)   #3109
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
i asked him about cars he would have loved to have driven but as he was able to, his answer was that thanks to goodwood he now gets to drive alsorts of different cars and although he is mostly very respectful he does find that if he is up against people he knows in equally matched cars the old instincts kick in and things get interesting. He did mention the toyota's but i was wearing my toyota shirt so perhaps that prompted that mention. Another questions was about how he managed to keep concentration over multiple stints and he recounted about how he once stayed in the car for a fourth stint and soon regreted it as cramp started to set in and he came close to ruining the race for the team.
Do you have a TGR flag for campsite? Have one from 2022 podium crowd - 1.5m x 0.9m has ties and a sleeve for thin pole - unused needs a cool iron. Can drop off as fairly local if pm me.

No pole - needs a telescopic type festival pole. Used their small pole for union and Danish flags last year.
Old 25 May 2023, 08:30 (Ref:4157867)   #3110
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
Do you have a TGR flag for campsite? Have one from 2022 podium crowd - 1.5m x 0.9m has ties and a sleeve for thin pole - unused needs a cool iron. Can drop off as fairly local if pm me.

No pole - needs a telescopic type festival pole. Used their small pole for union and Danish flags last year.
No i do not have one, Vince had a new Gazebo made a few years ago for our camping area, a bright red one with tertre rouge written in large letters on the top, unfortunately he could not get TR this year so it will look rather strange on Houx this year. i live by Waitrose if you are about, would probably put the flag on our big event gazebo. Simon
Old 25 May 2023, 08:35 (Ref:4157868)   #3111
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
No i do not have one, Vince had a new Gazebo made a few years ago for our camping area, a bright red one with tertre rouge written in large letters on the top, unfortunately he could not get TR this year so it will look rather strange on Houx this year. i live by Waitrose if you are about, would probably put the flag on our big event gazebo. Simon
You need to show us the pictures, I bet the gazebo looks good. Shame he could not get the TR one as you say, but hopefully people won't notice. It all sounds good.
Old 25 May 2023, 08:41 (Ref:4157873)   #3112
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i am sure vince has posted photos before but i will look and see if i can find it
Old 25 May 2023, 14:11 (Ref:4157931)   #3113
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Toyota will be displaying some sort of motorsport concept during race week. They'll also be running live onboards during Hyperpole and the race - https://toyotagazooracing.com/wec/re...=ap_7khxebpdy4
Old 26 May 2023, 20:06 (Ref:4158101)   #3114
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone else stil waiting for the Arnage/Mulsanne sticker to arrive?
Old 27 May 2023, 03:53 (Ref:4158126)   #3115
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
No parking stickers received here whatsoever. I can't be bothered to chase them, and there isn't now time to receive them before I leave on Wednesday, so I plan to just turn up at the car park entrance and see what happens, the onus is on them to make sure their customers receive what they need.

I have to say I'm pretty disgusted by this ticketing fiasco they've created this year, not least because of their hypocrisy in promoting 'green' issues, while blatantly offsetting any good they may be trying to do by having to send multiple separate ticketing items all over the world, when one dispatch with all items should have sufficed, or better still, only offer e-tickets and mobile tickets. I believe some people have received four or more DHL deliveries...? Utterly ridiculous, expensive and wasteful.

Right, with that off my chest, I'm going to go and hug a tree...
Old 27 May 2023, 06:32 (Ref:4158133)   #3116
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
No parking stickers received here whatsoever. I can't be bothered to chase them, and there isn't now time to receive them before I leave on Wednesday, so I plan to just turn up at the car park entrance and see what happens, the onus is on them to make sure their customers receive what they need.

I have to say I'm pretty disgusted by this ticketing fiasco they've created this year, not least because of their hypocrisy in promoting 'green' issues, while blatantly offsetting any good they may be trying to do by having to send multiple separate ticketing items all over the world, when one dispatch with all items should have sufficed, or better still, only offer e-tickets and mobile tickets. I believe some people have received four or more DHL deliveries...? Utterly ridiculous, expensive and wasteful.

Right, with that off my chest, I'm going to go and hug a tree...
I fully agree.
Old 27 May 2023, 08:29 (Ref:4158140)   #3117
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Be careful the ACO might ask to see your pass for "tree huggin" they are being sent out by dhl today
Old 27 May 2023, 09:17 (Ref:4158144)   #3118
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I believe some people have received four or more DHL deliveries...? Utterly ridiculous, expensive and wasteful.
I've had 4 DHL deliveries. Two I paid for (entry/grandstand and then parking), but I've since had two more I didn't pay for, both for parking, one of which was for tickets I already had in hard copy together with holders that I could put in my windscreen for everyone to see. Makes no sense at all. But the fact that they are still sending out stickers does appear to mean that they intend to rely on them. I did pester the ticket office for at least a couple of weeks in late April/early May about the stickers - having sent me the email telling me I would have them, I expected to receive them. They were much quicker on the draw with the last sticker, which arrived just a few days after I bought the e-ticket.

It's a real shame that in this Centenary year with the promise of what could be the best race for quite a few years, the ACO have put so much time and energy into their corporate event organisation and have devoted so little thought to the people who actually keep their event alive - us.

Reading here over the past 4-5 months as well as keeping a much closer eye than ever before on conversations and comments at CA* and PH*, there are a lot of loyal Le Mans fans who have been alienated this year by the ACO, a situation made all the worse by their total failure (deliberate, I believe) to keep fans up to speed with the changes they were making for this year.

(*The one saving grace is that is it abundantly clear that we have by far the best forum and the nicest and most helpful people as members here ).
Old 27 May 2023, 09:29 (Ref:4158148)   #3119
JimBeam
Rookie

JimBeam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post

Im in the same boat, so i wrote to the ACO yesterday and to my disbelief i got an answer within the hour! They told me that if my sticker hasnt arrived yet i will be able to pick one up at the circuit with my parking ticket. Not sure exactly where at the circuit though.
Old 27 May 2023, 09:33 (Ref:4158149)   #3120
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm guessing they'll have a supply at the car park entrances as the sticker sending out clearly hasn't been consistent. They'll check the QR code on your e-ticket or hard copy ticket.
Old 27 May 2023, 09:34 (Ref:4158151)   #3121
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i think when you arrive at the car park entry they will exchange your parking ticket for a window sticker
Old 27 May 2023, 10:08 (Ref:4158157)   #3122
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, as long as your barcode or QR code checks out, I think you'll be fine.
Old 27 May 2023, 16:49 (Ref:4158213)   #3123
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
This may be of interest to newbies.... Guy drives around the roads that form the circuit, starting in the now private car park opposite the main entrance. I believe it was recorded today. Stops off at the entrance to Beausejour. Not a lot of evidence of anything different during the journey. The quality isn't great and dips in paces. I was interested to see if there was any infrastructure set up yet in parking blanc and bleu but it looked much the same as usual, still with the row markers. Parking I assume now for teams, media and 'pretty people' instead of spectators.

https://fb.watch/kNXsHR4avz/
Old 27 May 2023, 17:23 (Ref:4158218)   #3124
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Pretty people? under modern standards are you allowed to say pretty, better to call them what they are leeches on a freebie
Old 27 May 2023, 19:48 (Ref:4158233)   #3125
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's the phrase I've always used....