Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 24 May 2023, 19:05 (Ref:4157803)   #726
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Max, did you try from Amazon or Aliexpress? https://www.mcmaster.com/products/nu...size~11-16-24/ Or direct from the US.

If its for tomorrow morning try in a junkyard?
Old 25 May 2023, 00:21 (Ref:4157826)   #727
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Also....Mini MM is fitting his seat belts into the Midget and is looking for 11/16 UNF nuts for 11/16 spanners, all he can get is 5/8 spanner and he'd like a bit more gripping area. We've searched all our usual online nut suppliers.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
don't the belts clip onto eyelets ?
Old 25 May 2023, 05:01 (Ref:4157837)   #728
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
You still are in contact with RRS? Could this help
https://rrs-direct.com/plaques-de-fi...iABEgImbfD_BwE
Old 25 May 2023, 06:13 (Ref:4157849)   #729
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
don't the belts clip onto eyelets ?
It's the nuts to hold the eyelets in place

Old 25 May 2023, 06:51 (Ref:4157855)   #730
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
A nut is welded in each mandatory contre plaque showed, I mentioned RRS because I remember you mentioned to be in business with. Any supplier offers the same, DT, RD and the like.
Old 25 May 2023, 06:58 (Ref:4157856)   #731
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Good to hear Gordon, out of interest what vehicle is it?
An old TU engined Pug 206, it's been perfect and reliable for years. I got it for nothing off of a customer after they had the book thrown at it from a Quickfit mot place. I rebuilt the back axle and fitted all new brakes/radiator/cam belt/water pump/catalytic converter and anything else that normally claps out on them for the grand total of £400!
All parts are freely available all over the continent as they are used on lots of other "Euro" manufactured vehicles and are cheap to buy.
It's a small 4 door car that is easy to park and doesn't appeal to the "thieving fraternity" also I don't tend to notice the new paint swapping dents inflicted by the drivers out here!.
It actually belonged in it's "youth" (until I was given it) to a well known ITV television newscaster who has lived in my village in the UK since the 60s
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 25 May 2023, 07:19 (Ref:4157858)   #732
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes 206's can live for ever, well almost, different variants of the TU engine are bulletproof. The rear axle thing is a well known flaw, many suppliers offer core exchange because its far cheaper than to rebuild it with new parts if you're not a pro.
Old 25 May 2023, 07:36 (Ref:4157862)   #733
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I dont think that to take a thick counter plate drill a hole and thread it is a good idea. Those go for c 2 €… https://rrs-direct.com/plaques-de-fi...iABEgImbfD_BwE
Old 25 May 2023, 08:37 (Ref:4157870)   #734
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I dont think that to take a thick counter plate drill a hole and thread it is a good idea. Those go for c 2 €… https://rrs-direct.com/plaques-de-fi...iABEgImbfD_BwE
No, it would only be good as a temporary solution, for a day at best. The other solution is better, especially as it's so cheap
Old 28 May 2023, 12:46 (Ref:4158298)   #735
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
320 mph!
Spending 4 days @ Santa Pod for the FIA season opener, and have just seen the European record broken, 0 to 320mph over 1000 yards from a standing start!
The driver was Susanne Callin from Sweden and she's still got another run today and up to 3 tomorrow.
Old 29 May 2023, 15:15 (Ref:4158754)   #736
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
No, it would only be good as a temporary solution, for a day at best. The other solution is better, especially as it's so cheap
Another lady Ida Zetterstrom has just raised the record to 321mph!
Old 29 May 2023, 15:32 (Ref:4158759)   #737
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Another lady Ida Zetterstrom has just raised the record to 321mph!
Can you be certain they are not 'transgender'?

It's all the rage now!
Old 29 May 2023, 15:41 (Ref:4158762)   #738
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Can you be certain they are not 'transgender'?

It's all the rage now!
Deffo not? trust me
Old 29 May 2023, 15:55 (Ref:4158765)   #739
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Deffo not? trust me
Ah, you have scrutineered them!! Will they need a full strip-down afterwards?
Old 29 May 2023, 16:04 (Ref:4158766)   #740
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Ah, you have scrutineered them!! Will they need a full strip-down afterwards?
I wish.......
Old 29 May 2023, 22:59 (Ref:4158799)   #741
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
It's the nuts to hold the eyelets in place

So it's only two for the shoulder straps then (the others screw straight into the threaded bosses welded into the shell for the normal seat belts).
What's wrong with the two from the orange car? I remember holding the eyelet by poking a suitable tommy bar or hefty screwdriver through it and doing the nuts up in the boot area with a socket and ratchet.
Old 30 May 2023, 11:15 (Ref:4158831)   #742
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
As long as it all holds together, it doesn't matter. And if you can save on weight too, that's good. No need for unnecessary nuts and bolts I guess
Old 30 May 2023, 13:24 (Ref:4158847)   #743
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
No, it would only be good as a temporary solution, for a day at best.
Quote:
As long as it all holds together, it doesn't matter. And if you can save on weight too, that's good. No need for unnecessary nuts and bolts I guess
Old 30 May 2023, 15:31 (Ref:4158863)   #744
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Yep, pointless comments as usual.
Old 30 May 2023, 16:18 (Ref:4158873)   #745
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
C'on JR, saving weight by removing safety belts, racing seat, all nuts and bolts and why not ROPS makes sense!
Old 30 May 2023, 21:00 (Ref:4158900)   #746
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
C'on JR, saving weight by removing safety belts, racing seat, all nuts and bolts and why not ROPS makes sense!
Old 30 May 2023, 22:12 (Ref:4158903)   #747
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
So it's only two for the shoulder straps then (the others screw straight into the threaded bosses welded into the shell for the normal seat belts).

What's wrong with the two from the orange car? I remember holding the eyelet by poking a suitable tommy bar or hefty screwdriver through it and doing the nuts up in the boot area with a socket and ratchet.
It's sorted as fitted before, he just wondered if there were bigger nuts available.

Old 31 May 2023, 00:12 (Ref:4158906)   #748
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Quote:
It's sorted as fitted before, he just wondered if there were bigger nuts available.

Ah, bigger nuts - something most of us crave for when on track
Old 31 May 2023, 07:14 (Ref:4158918)   #749
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Ah, bigger nuts - something most of us crave for when on track
That's not what you say when the crotch strap gets pulled up tight

Old 31 May 2023, 07:22 (Ref:4158919)   #750
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Frankly I determine there are a few big nuts on this thread.
Closed Thread