Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 31 Dec 2013, 17:23 (Ref:3349242)   #51
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepe View Post
Dauer 962, anyone?

No.
Old 1 Jan 2014, 17:02 (Ref:3349466)   #52
Mt. Lynx
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm
Mt. Lynx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only pic I've found of the Mega Monte Carlo GT1 -98' is so poor quality that I won't post it.
The car never raced though, since GT1 was killed off for the -99' season.

Any takers on pictures?
Old 1 Jan 2014, 23:46 (Ref:3349549)   #53
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carabus View Post
... and what about the Tatra 700 Ecorra with its original above-rear-axle mounted air-cooled V8 Tatra engine from the Czech GT championships?
Holy Mackerel, I think it looks kind of cool, and I wonder what it sounded like?
Old 2 Jan 2014, 01:09 (Ref:3349561)   #54
carabus
Rookie

Czech Republic
Praha, CZ
carabus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Holy Mackerel, I think it looks kind of cool, and I wonder what it sounded like?
Enjoy the Tatra V8 sound :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtzpRBuJmPw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI3IUNmDqgQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-TqxXpyGUA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=METZs1p-V7E
Old 2 Jan 2014, 01:25 (Ref:3349564)   #55
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Remember the Sintura S99? One ALMS start: Laguna Seca 1999. Never seen again. Too bad too because that was really the end of the era of the super GT1 cars at that point.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 01:57 (Ref:3349567)   #56
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Remember the Sintura S99? One ALMS start: Laguna Seca 1999. Never seen again. Too bad too because that was really the end of the era of the super GT1 cars at that point.
Thanks for that - had a little look on youtube at the Laguna Seca race broadcast.

It was entered as a prototype and it seemed to do pretty well for such an under-developed car - it qualified ahead of other prototypes.

It really was super. Judd V10 in the back - madness.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 21:18 (Ref:3349811)   #57
Mt. Lynx
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm
IIRC the Sintura raced in british GT a few times.

Edit: after a quick check at racingspirtscars.com, I can confirm this. British GT in -99' had som leftover GT1 cars, like Porsche 911 GT1, McLaren GTR longtail but also a Quaife R4.

Last edited by Mt. Lynx; 2 Jan 2014 at 21:30. Reason: Additional info
Old 2 Jan 2014, 21:21 (Ref:3349813)   #58
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Lynx View Post
IIRC the Sintura raced in british GT a few times.
Yup, and very competitive at that... holding itself quite well against 911 GT1s, McLarens and all the other oddballs.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 14:55 (Ref:3350000)   #59
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lest anyone forget, the Pagoni Zonda:

http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...-06-15-061.jpg

and the Panoz Abruzzi!

http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...03-19-0050.jpg

Two oddballs to say the least! At least the Pagoni Zonda looked decent and at least the Panoz Abruzzi finished at least one race!

DK
Old 3 Jan 2014, 16:16 (Ref:3350038)   #60
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
God, the Abruzzi was an ugly beast.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 19:00 (Ref:3350095)   #61
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The less said about the Panoz the better.

But oh, that Pagani was a brilliant car to watch - it really stood out. Sitting in those tribunes at Le Mans and seeing it spit flames out of those wicked exhausts around the Dunlop curve under breaking - magnificent.

Of course, it had the entire GT2 field on its tail trying to overtake it.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 19:54 (Ref:3350113)   #62
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Panoz Esperante?
Old 3 Jan 2014, 20:40 (Ref:3350147)   #63
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No!!
Old 3 Jan 2014, 20:54 (Ref:3350154)   #64
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Why not? Is it not a GT? Is it not odd-ball enough? It sure is in my book! And I've always liked it a lot
Old 3 Jan 2014, 21:08 (Ref:3350164)   #65
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Me too. I thought it was a terrific car.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 21:35 (Ref:3350172)   #66
TheDude
Racer

Portugal
Ourem
TheDude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not Oddball enough
Old 3 Jan 2014, 21:50 (Ref:3350176)   #67
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
More than enough awesome though!
Old 3 Jan 2014, 22:17 (Ref:3350184)   #68
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Panoz GTR one of my favorite race cars ever. I cried with sadness when the open topped car was announced to replace it. I always wondered why did they have to take the dang roof off!
Old 4 Jan 2014, 08:08 (Ref:3350252)   #69
Aurora
Rookie

Aurora should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about the Spyker C8 Spyder GT2R the open version of the Laviolette http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...-09-04-085.jpg
Old 4 Jan 2014, 10:36 (Ref:3350281)   #70
Mt. Lynx
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm
How about the Renault Spider GT1?
http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...-04-28-032.jpg
Later turned into the Helem V6.

And a real oddball:
http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...-04-28-042.jpg
The Callaway C7! Don't think I've seen it anywhere but at the pre-qually of Le Mans -96'.
Old 4 Jan 2014, 12:06 (Ref:3350302)   #71
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

And a real oddball:
The Callaway C7! Don't think I've seen it anywhere but at the pre-qually of Le Mans -96'.
Made it into the old "Sportscar GT" computer game, though... actually a pretty good car in the game, but then, the Panoz was the absolute world-beater in that one, whereas the Mercedes was usually less than competitive.
Old 4 Jan 2014, 15:13 (Ref:3350338)   #72
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

C7 raced at Daytona 24 in 1997. DNF
Old 4 Jan 2014, 20:00 (Ref:3350397)   #73
carabus
Rookie

Czech Republic
Praha, CZ
carabus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tatra 700 V8 Ecorra sound

Enjoy the Tatra 700 V8 Ecorra sound :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtzpRBuJmPw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI3IUNmDqgQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-TqxXpyGUA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=METZs1p-V7E
Old 8 Jan 2014, 05:27 (Ref:3351451)   #74
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone mentioned the Panoz Esperante (GTLM) above... this is the thing. Not really oddball to me, it sounded great, and was actually competitive in the ALMS and at Le Mans I believe. Lasted a long time in the ALMS too (six? seven? seasons).

Panoz Esperante GTLM - Dominik Farnbacher by Richard Wintle, on Flickr

And then someone else mentioned the Abruzzi... gaaaaah my eyes!!!! And boy was it ever (a) slow, and (b) unreliable. Only made a few ALMS starts, so I can consider myself honoured to be among those who actually saw it race.

Panoz Abruzzi, Mosport 2011 by Richard Wintle, on Flickr

The thing looked like a vacuum cleaner from the front. Argh.

AAAAGH! It's coming for me! by Richard Wintle, on Flickr

Some might say this was its finest hour...

Dead Panoz, live Ferrari. by Richard Wintle, on Flickr
Old 8 Jan 2014, 14:00 (Ref:3351623)   #75
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
And a real oddball:
Always loved that car since the first time I saw it as a Hot Wheels toy. You could drive it in Project Gotham Racing 3, but I wish I could get my hands on it in Forza 4 or Gran Turismo 6 (or the real world ).