Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 12 Sep 2023, 18:52 (Ref:4176465)   #1
JimboCycling
Rookie

JimboCycling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Harewood hill climb with kids

I was wondering about going to Harewood this weekend but I'll have my 4 year old with me! I've never been before. Any advice about Harewood, particularly with children? Thanks
Old 15 Sep 2023, 12:29 (Ref:4176724)   #2
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jimbo,

Haven't posted in here for years, but do look reasonable regularly. I noticed this on Harewood, which is the closest motor sport venue to me and around 20 minutes away. I go once or twice and a year.

You shouldn't have any issues there with children. I went on various occasions as a child and have taken/take my daughter, when she was little and as a now teenager. I've also taken my nephews when they were younger.

Car park is right next to the paddock. With children you possible need to keep an eye out for cars moving around the paddock, but by and large it's not like some venues where there is a lot more going on and moving and you need to have eyes in the back of your head with little ones.

Facilities are decent but if you do walk down to the farmhouse bend, which is the best spot for me, it's a bit of climb back up for little legs!

Take clothing for all weather as no shelter whatsoever. Same at the vast majority of motor sports venue, but you are particularly exposed at Harewood as you are on the side of a hill. Toilets there and there is usually a guy selling coffees and cakes, an ice cream van and a burger truck.

Have fun!

Andy
Old 15 Sep 2023, 12:40 (Ref:4176725)   #3
Plantagenet
Rookie

United Kingdom
Plantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPlantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPlantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't give as detailed advice as AndyS, but I would suggest taking some ear defenders for them - first time I took my young kids to a race meeting, they took all of 5 minutes to declare it too loud and want to go home!
Good luck!
Old 15 Sep 2023, 15:34 (Ref:4176746)   #4
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Forgot about the ear defenders! You can tell I don't have younger children anymore!
Old 15 Sep 2023, 19:18 (Ref:4176771)   #5
JimboCycling
Rookie

Thank you both, much appreciated
Old 18 Sep 2023, 18:35 (Ref:4177292)   #6
JimboCycling
Rookie

We enjoyed our visit. I liked the format - you can see a huge variety of cars in a very short space of time and the view means you don't miss any action. And a well place picnic bench meant my daughter could do her colouring the whole time!
Old 19 Sep 2023, 19:07 (Ref:4177489)   #7
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboCycling View Post
We enjoyed our visit. I liked the format - you can see a huge variety of cars in a very short space of time and the view means you don't miss any action. And a well place picnic bench meant my daughter could do her colouring the whole time!
Glad you enjoyed it.