Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 27 Sep 2021, 18:58 (Ref:4075977)   #51
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Looks incredibly pretty! Definitely a priority for me next year.

Anyone with an inside line on 2022 calendar? I want to start planning!
Old 27 Sep 2021, 19:03 (Ref:4075978)   #52
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Calendar is out - https://f9aa8d5c-4dd6-4757-9335-8ffb...090b196810.pdf
Old 27 Sep 2021, 20:36 (Ref:4075985)   #53
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Brilliant, thank you. I'll be able to add Harewood and Loton Park trips next year (alongside Prescott and Shelsley). Sadly Gurston Down and Wiscombe Park clash with other things.
Old 28 Sep 2021, 17:24 (Ref:4076152)   #54
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Well, what a day at Loton Park ! Multiple runs under the hill record and more wins for Wallace. My impressions of the day here - morning and afternoon albums - https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwh38/albums
What an unbelievable day. Never seen a hill record so smashed in one day before. I think there were 5 drivers and a total of 17 runs under the old record, nearly a second and a half taken off the mark. I was slow to pick up that Paul Haimes broke his class record as well. Stunning driving at the limit with nothing more than a handful of minor offs.
Old 25 Apr 2022, 17:21 (Ref:4108037)   #55
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not caught up with the livestream yet but apparently round 1 at Prescott was a bit of a corker, top 5 separated by 0.10 in the runoff. Absolutely mind boggling.

Meanwhile we were down at Wiscombe, bit of a damp start to the day meant it pretty much stayed greasy through the Esses all day and lead to some eye opening moments for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JTI...=SnoodyMcFlude
Old 26 Apr 2022, 10:35 (Ref:4108080)   #56
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzM7nj

Runoff contenders gallery above. Superb performance from Matt Ryder in the Gould. Chilly at the Esses but worth it to catch Alex's dap of oppo on his winning run.

Also - https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzM7nj

Will try to find time to work through some more before the next weekend's bumper bundle of fun on the roundy roundy stuff ...
Old 25 May 2022, 18:49 (Ref:4111323)   #57
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Only a month late! Here is my album of pictures from Prescott: https://bit.ly/3ab5C8j. Enjoy!

Single-seaters only, from the two practice runs on Saturday. Prescott is good for being able to take multiple angles from one spot, but there's a heavy concentration of pics from the Esses here.

I like Prescott. I must admit to being a little grumpy at having arranged to go on the Saturday because it was advertised that "practice will be completed on Saturday" only to discover on arrival that in fact the BHC cars' third practice run was scheduled for Sunday.

Even the second run almost didn't happen because the schedule was extremely packed and by the time 4 of the first 8 or so motorcycle riders had fallen off and a couple of elderly posh folk had binned their Ferraris into a barrier, everything was running hopelessly behind.

Looking forward to Shelsley Walsh in 2 weeks, but as I already have a backlog and will be at the Nurburgring 24 Hours this weekend, it'll be a while before the pics are posted .
Old 27 May 2022, 14:10 (Ref:4111506)   #58
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Looking forward to Shelsley Walsh in 2 weeks, but as I already have a backlog and will be at the Nurburgring 24 Hours this weekend, it'll be a while before the pics are posted .
Say hello at Shelsley, I'll be on Rescue for the weekend.
Old 27 May 2022, 19:00 (Ref:4111534)   #59
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Only a month late!

Same couple of weeks for me too. Le Mans the week after ?
Old 9 Jun 2022, 13:18 (Ref:4113715)   #60
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzT5Nn

A few shots from Shelsley
Old 7 Jul 2022, 20:27 (Ref:4118601)   #61
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzXdYm

Run Offs from Harewood

Run Off 1 at Orchard
Run Off 2 at Quarry at 1/100th
Old 28 Jul 2022, 12:10 (Ref:4120733)   #62
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
Looks like it was quite the event, 0.04 between the first two in the first run off then two new records in the second. Apparently Wallace would have wrapped up the championship had Alex not broken the record, which he did by 0.01 seconds....although I think he needs 4 hill records and Menzies to not score any points!

Slightly calmer down at Wiscombe, but I did at least manage a new PB...just knocking 0.01 off the previous. Very unexpected though, didn't think the tyres still had that kind of time in them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRsK...=SnoodyMcFlude
Jeepers that was impressive
Old 29 Jul 2022, 12:31 (Ref:4120843)   #63
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Jeepers that was impressive
Thanks. Sadly the car is off the road at the minute as Dad had a crash at Werrington back in May and damage was well beyond our capabilities. Planning on taking the car to someone that knows Legends inside out but most have been busy with the circuit champ. We're hoping to have it back out before the end of the season though

On the bright side it means I've had more free weekends and will be up at Wiscombe as a spectator tomorrow for the BHC round. Really looking forward to seeing them a full tilt in the dry and being able to view a bit more of the hill than normal.
Old 1 Aug 2022, 09:12 (Ref:4121345)   #64
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Great weekend at Wiscombe, the hill record was broken 3 times I think in the two run offs, Alex Summers is the new record holder with a 32.94. I find that mind boggling, I've always thought that anything below about 44 seconds is a pretty decent time, sub-40 is bloody quick and sub-38 is awesome....so a 32 just fries my brain.

The top cars and drivers now are so impressive, the acceleration is just crazy. Would love to see some telemetry to give an idea of speed, someone suggested a few years ago that the quick guys are around 130mph over Bunnies Leap, but Alex's car looked quicker than anything I've seen there before.
Old 6 Aug 2022, 13:38 (Ref:4121979)   #65
Mike_Powell
Rookie

Mike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We've seen over 150mph over the finish line at Gurston....phenomenal speed.
Old 15 Aug 2022, 07:06 (Ref:4122826)   #66
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Matt Ryder was doing 163mph over the finish line as he won the Run Off at Shelsley yesterday.
Old 15 Aug 2022, 10:58 (Ref:4122847)   #67
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
And don't forget the speed trap at Ess Approach is now well before the fastest part of that straight.
Old 15 Aug 2022, 17:26 (Ref:4122880)   #68
Mike_Powell
Rookie

Mike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think that speed events are the last true bastion of the amateur. I now prefer marshalling at these over race meetings, friendlier people and always a terrific mix of cars.
Old 15 Aug 2022, 17:49 (Ref:4122885)   #69
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not just the amateur, also the engineer. Nowhere else are "specials" so welcome.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 15 Aug 2022, 18:03 (Ref:4122886)   #70
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
A few images from Sunday here - keeping the shutter speed low ...
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjA2ZYM
Old 16 Aug 2022, 06:51 (Ref:4122920)   #71
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
It is amazing to me that the yoof will turn up in big numbers to a tedious (in my experience ) Time Attack meeting but rarely to speed hillclimbs. One exception was to a Harewood event a year or so ago; watching at Farmhouse I could soon tell that the group of young guys had never seen a hillclimb before . They got very excited at Clios 3 wheeling and Imprezas popping and banging . In conversation with them I suggested they were in for a big shock when they saw a big power single seater. Shock ? They were gratifyingly gob smacked - even more so when they saw the speed trap figure - 40mph faster than a Nissan GT- R .
Old 16 Aug 2022, 11:23 (Ref:4122937)   #72
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
It is amazing to me that the yoof will turn up in big numbers to a tedious (in my experience ) Time Attack meeting but rarely to speed hillclimbs. One exception was to a Harewood event a year or so ago; watching at Farmhouse I could soon tell that the group of young guys had never seen a hillclimb before . They got very excited at Clios 3 wheeling and Imprezas popping and banging . In conversation with them I suggested they were in for a big shock when they saw a big power single seater. Shock ? They were gratifyingly gob smacked - even more so when they saw the speed trap figure - 40mph faster than a Nissan GT- R .
This.
Old 22 Aug 2022, 16:19 (Ref:4123444)   #73
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hillclimbs just aren't very well advertised towards the yoof though, whereas Time Attack seems to combine car shows and drifting all together. Throw in a few cars with pop & bang maps and they're golden.

On the other side of things, hillclimbs tend to have competitors and organisers of a certain age and, let's be honest, quite a few classes which aren't that exciting to the casual observer.

I think a lot of places are slowly improving the way they try to attract new people to the sport, but then you've also got other places which are the Bugatti Owner's Club with a £50 member fee...not exactly coming across as accessible is it!
Old 5 Sep 2022, 07:44 (Ref:4124926)   #74
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Rain played it's part at Prescott this weekend, completely throwing things off in the middle of the first runoff. Believe the second was a bit more normal but the championship still yet to be sorted.

Meanwhile down at Wiscombe we finally had our car back out. All felt a bit alien and mixed conditions wasn't the ideal way I wanted to get back into things, but good to be back. This is one of my less impressive runs from yesterday morning...the last bit is definitely easier going forwards but it's important to try new things
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtBu...=SnoodyMcFlude

For context, this was how it was looking 4 months ago

Old 5 Sep 2022, 07:55 (Ref:4124927)   #75
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
Rain played it's part at Prescott this weekend, completely throwing things off in the middle of the first runoff. Believe the second was a bit more normal but the championship still yet to be sorted.

Indeed it was a bit of a strange day. There were also a couple of delays; a spectator injury and a Caterham hitting the tyres at the Esses (driver OK but shaken)

Here's my first set of photos - https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjA5Qrc