Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jan 2023, 15:44 (Ref:4139735)   #201
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Never 'eard of 'em.....
Me either.

Apparently one of the founders raced with a BMW 3.0 CSL in DTM Classic last year.
Old 11 Jan 2023, 16:49 (Ref:4139747)   #202
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought the ByKolles would be repainted.....
Attached Thumbnails
vanwall-racing-vandervell-lmh-hypercar-mans-wec-24-endurance-info-2023-villeneuve.png  
Old 11 Jan 2023, 20:55 (Ref:4139770)   #203
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
He means how many of us have new t-shirts for the event.....
And they'll actually be at the race too, was a bit worried the shirts would be new stuff for the memories collection
Old 11 Jan 2023, 23:50 (Ref:4139787)   #204
Jager
Rookie

Australia
Perth, Australia
Jager should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJager should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what are the chances of the Isotta Fraschini being on the grid? I agree its a long shot for them just to get there, let alone be competitive against the might of the factory teams, but I'd love to see it regardless.
Old 12 Jan 2023, 07:03 (Ref:4139811)   #205
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager View Post
So what are the chances of the Isotta Fraschini being on the grid? I agree its a long shot for them just to get there, let alone be competitive against the might of the factory teams, but I'd love to see it regardless.
Looks like zero chance. Monza in July seems more likely.
Old 12 Jan 2023, 09:05 (Ref:4139827)   #206
rx555
Rookie

United States
St. Louis
rx555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We've known that for a long time.
I'm sure you did. I was answering someone else who's response made it seem like this year.
Looks to be plenty of top spec cars even without BMW, etc. I just wished BMW would have done it this year since I'll be there and won't be there next year.
Old 12 Jan 2023, 09:45 (Ref:4139834)   #207
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
And they'll actually be at the race too, was a bit worried the shirts would be new stuff for the memories collection
Yes, they'll be there, we're all ticketed up and good to go. My lad couldn't wait though, he wears his all the time!
Old 12 Jan 2023, 09:46 (Ref:4139835)   #208
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx555 View Post
I'm sure you did. I was answering someone else who's response made it seem like this year.
Looks to be plenty of top spec cars even without BMW, etc. I just wished BMW would have done it this year since I'll be there and won't be there next year.
Yep, I'd love to have seen them too, but plan to be there next year as well, all things being equal....
Old 12 Jan 2023, 10:10 (Ref:4139840)   #209
rx555
Rookie

United States
St. Louis
Not sure my wallet could handle that
Old 12 Jan 2023, 10:36 (Ref:4139846)   #210
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, bearing in mind your location, I can certainly understand that....

Did you manage to get your accommodation etc. sorted?
Old 12 Jan 2023, 14:02 (Ref:4139868)   #211
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx555 View Post
Perhaps give Indy a try? Looks like it is within reasonable distance from your hometown. Or possibly Rd. America?
Old 12 Jan 2023, 17:05 (Ref:4139918)   #212
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I thought the ByKolles would be repainted.....
Pink Floyd themed livery?
Old 12 Jan 2023, 22:49 (Ref:4139985)   #213
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Why not?
Old 13 Jan 2023, 09:10 (Ref:4140017)   #214
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Do we really wish they were there?
Old 13 Jan 2023, 09:34 (Ref:4140020)   #215
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yes indeed, I think most of us do......
Old 13 Jan 2023, 10:34 (Ref:4140024)   #216
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yes a white brick design would be different
Old 13 Jan 2023, 10:55 (Ref:4140026)   #217
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think they've decided to go with the interstellar overdrive as well......
Old 13 Jan 2023, 14:00 (Ref:4140048)   #218
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wife asked about going to France this summer, not June though for some reason, would be fun to see the GTPs and Hypercar together. Unfortunately my chance at Sebring is right out most years with her market schedules
Old 13 Jan 2023, 16:12 (Ref:4140068)   #219
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yes, we all want to see smaller teams take on and beat the big boys
Old 16 Jan 2023, 12:23 (Ref:4140287)   #220
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
E-I reporting the Alpine trios are:

#35 Canal, Vaxiviere, Milesi
#36 Rojas, Caldwell, Negrao

Olli Caldwell has got a bit of a cult following let's say out of single seaters. Far from the quickest guy in F2 last year but it will be interesting to see how he goes this season.

#35 lineup is pretty tasty.
Old 17 Jan 2023, 12:33 (Ref:4140401)   #221
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
yes a white brick design would be different
Think a certain Mr. Mason might have beaten them to that one...

https://www.racingsportscars.com/pho...-05-10-054.jpg
Old 17 Jan 2023, 23:34 (Ref:4140467)   #222
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He certainly had an ingenious design did Mr Mason
Old 18 Jan 2023, 09:31 (Ref:4140502)   #223
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Think a certain Mr. Mason might have beaten them to that one...

https://www.racingsportscars.com/pho...-05-10-054.jpg
Great pic thanks

Couldn’t make Le Mans as the The Wall opened at Earls Court on the day of the 1981 race.

Did read that their manager in no53 BMW M1 drove a stint and then went by private jet from Le Mans Arnage to oversee concert and then flew back for a further drive early on Sunday. Car lasted 22 hours.
Old 19 Jan 2023, 00:00 (Ref:4140589)   #224
rx555
Rookie

United States
St. Louis
Quote:
Well, bearing in mind your location, I can certainly understand that....

Did you manage to get your accommodation etc. sorted?
Yes, all set.
Will be at Daytona next week for the 24 too.
Old 19 Jan 2023, 10:43 (Ref:4140622)   #225
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Nice work!