Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 16 Apr 2023, 18:21 (Ref:4151852)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
How on Earth do I watch a WEC race?

Help other fans out and let then know how you watch the racing. Including the daddy race Le Mans.

I do Eurosport. It is live, it doesn't have adverts, the replays are up straight after the race. Commentary team is the official one. Sometimes I sync with RLM. I tend to mix this up. So my summary:

Eurosport
  • Required location: Europe
  • Live and catch-up
  • Race, Qualifying and Practice
  • No Adverts (although you can watch the stream with if you like)
  • I watch online. I stream to a tiny computer that is linked to a telly
  • I presume that the advert version is available through TV providers, but I think that not all races are covered fully live, sometimes just the start and end.
  • Catch-up posted very quickly
  • Stream quality is great (not like the old Eurosport days)
  • Paid, but reasonable subscription price (sorry can't remember exactly what)
  • Commentators: Martin Haven, Graham Goodwin and Anthony Davidson
  • I think it also has lots of onboards, especially at Le Mans, but I didn't see any for Portimao.

Radio Le Mans
  • Live and catch-up podcasts
  • Catch up pods normally available a day or two after and available via your favorite podcast provider.
  • Quality is OK. Sound levels vary (whatever they claim!)
  • It is the traditional and the same that is available at La Sarthe.
  • Nice to sync. up when live.
  • Commentators: Crikey, especially for Le Mans quite a few. Can someone help me out here? Hindy normally does the first and last stint. Trussers is known for doing the full 24 hours.
  • Sometimes forget there is a race on when riding their hobby horse.
  • Kept the station going and are like old friends.

Have I missed anything.

How do you watch?

Here is the guide from FIAWEC site:
https://www.fiawec.com/en/news/how-a...-portimao/7620

Including a detailed list (for Portimao, but I guess it doesn't change much):
https://press.fiawec.com/assets/file...dece2cc80.pptx
Attached Thumbnails
Global Portimao.jpg   Europe Portimao.jpg  

Last edited by Adam43; 16 Apr 2023 at 20:36.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 18:24 (Ref:4151854)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some help stolen from the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartman24 View Post
Was out today, sounds like a cracking race, any way of watching it on Youtube or catch up somewhere?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Eurosport had their full coverage up so quickly after shown. No ads, the full business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Probably at the end of coming week on the FIA WEC Youtube channel.
On the Eurosport or Discovery+ app/website you can watch the race back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Fwiw in the colonies, motortrend on demand also has the full replay available as of this post, 64 minutes after checker flag.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 18:56 (Ref:4151859)   #3
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Little more motortrend on demand info:
Location - United States. Not sure of Canadian offerings
Cost - $5 monthly, $45 annually, free 2 week trial with unused email (requires (not new) credit card, up to you to cancel)
Stream source - official wec - martin Haven, graham Goodwin, ant Davidson
Quality - as good as your internet source
Commercials - No!
Sessions - qualifying and race. Practice not streamed
Replay - usually races are immediately available, though comprehensiveness is lacking.
Bonus - Wheeler dealers including originals with Ed China

Conclusion - I don't fret over watching wec in the States. Quite happy to put my money where my mouth is and pay for a service that carries what I like.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 19:09 (Ref:4151861)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Thanks

I didn't realize it was official WEC with no ads (although thinking about it, why not!). Nice.

What else do you get with Motor Trend? Other than this and Ed. I'm thinking I might invest (it would save the flights to Europe for me to enjoy ), although I do use Eurosport for their cycling too.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 20:33 (Ref:4151877)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
We have an IMSA thread too: https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157871
Old 16 Apr 2023, 20:35 (Ref:4151878)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Practice is sometimes on youtube:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
FP3 stream link ahead of tomorrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGcfyzKdpsM

11:05am BST* (*other time zones are available).
I've not watched. I presume this is pretty good and the normal official crew of Martin, Graham and Ant. ???
Old 16 Apr 2023, 20:38 (Ref:4151881)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
And of course, we can include timing...
Old 16 Apr 2023, 21:14 (Ref:4151887)   #8
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Practice is sometimes on youtube:

I've not watched. I presume this is pretty good and the normal official crew of Martin, Graham and Ant. ???
Yes, exactly the same set up as qually and race
Old 16 Apr 2023, 21:24 (Ref:4151889)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Thanks
Old 16 Apr 2023, 23:00 (Ref:4151906)   #10
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Little more motortrend on demand info:
Location - United States. Not sure of Canadian offerings
Cost - $5 monthly, $45 annually, free 2 week trial with unused email (requires (not new) credit card, up to you to cancel)
Stream source - official wec - martin Haven, graham Goodwin, ant Davidson
Quality - as good as your internet source
Commercials - No!
Sessions - qualifying and race. Practice not streamed
Replay - usually races are immediately available, though comprehensiveness is lacking.
Bonus - Wheeler dealers including originals with Ed China

Conclusion - I don't fret over watching wec in the States. Quite happy to put my money where my mouth is and pay for a service that carries what I like.
Nice, think the last time I had it with the fathers day weekend 12 bucks a year deal it was still with commercials like they just ran the tv stream through the app
Old 17 Apr 2023, 04:08 (Ref:4151929)   #11
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpZHht0egYI
The entire race was apparently streamed for Brazil on the official WEC youtube channel, using a VPN and switching to a Brazilian IP seems like the easiest way to watch to me.
Old 17 Apr 2023, 05:28 (Ref:4151931)   #12
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I buy the WEC Le Mans streaming package and it specifically mentions this year it is not available in North America.Only place in the world you can’t get access.
BTW I can’t recommend it enough.For 13€ you get live and on demand access to all practice/qualifying sessions and the race.If watching the race live doesn’t suit your time zone they post each hour separately shortly after that hour is done so you can easily go through it in blocks of time.
Old 17 Apr 2023, 09:50 (Ref:4151968)   #13
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I watched bits of Sebring on Eurosport itself.
Old 17 Apr 2023, 10:04 (Ref:4151973)   #14
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The 'Discovery+ Entertainment & Sport' channel is available on a month-by-month basis via Amazon Prime.

This gives you access to all the Eurosport extra channels to watch the full race without adverts.

Plus lots of other Discovery content.

Also saves adding another app and set of logins to your SmartTV etc.
Old 17 Apr 2023, 10:04 (Ref:4151974)   #15
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Discovery + can also be accessed through amazon prime. You will need to pay but you can watch it via prime

Only thing I am not sure if the features on Prime are the same as on the Discover + app and website i.e on demand re watch of the race, option with no add breaks

I think discovery + might be better option than the WEC App. Discovery is 7 pounds per month and the WEC app is 7 euros per race. And i find the WEC app still clunky as well as their web browser so discovery might be better optimised for user friendliness and video quality. You also get other sports and other shows/documentaries for a monthly for the price of a race on the WEC app
Old 17 Apr 2023, 12:15 (Ref:4151987)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
I buy the WEC Le Mans streaming package and it specifically mentions this year it is not available in North America.Only place in the world you can’t get access.
BTW I can’t recommend it enough.For 13€ you get live and on demand access to all practice/qualifying sessions and the race.If watching the race live doesn’t suit your time zone they post each hour separately shortly after that hour is done so you can easily go through it in blocks of time.
I always liked the official package. Had teething problems very early on. That hour split was useful.
Old 17 Apr 2023, 12:54 (Ref:4151988)   #17
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Do the Discovery + (ent & sport) direct with them for the £6.99 month in UK

Use through a Firestick and now have an unltd sim card and router as time split split between locations in UK (and have ditched broadband and expensive internet that wasn't that great plus TV package especially as not there quite a bit).
Old 17 Apr 2023, 12:57 (Ref:4151989)   #18
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I watched Sebring trackside - the best place to watch a race imo! Not sure about Bahrain and such. Travel is the only disadvantage when not having a race in your backyard so I'll have to come up with a plan for next year (maybe I'll plan a trip to Brazil???)
Old 17 Apr 2023, 20:46 (Ref:4152044)   #19
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Thanks

I didn't realize it was official WEC with no ads (although thinking about it, why not!). Nice.

What else do you get with Motor Trend? Other than this and Ed. I'm thinking I might invest (it would save the flights to Europe for me to enjoy ), although I do use Eurosport for their cycling too.
Not much unless you foam at the mouth over silly build shows. Otherwise lots of roadkill and hot rod related stuff, top gear USA, mecum auctions etc. They used to have 2002-2017ish top gear, but I think bbc has gone back to hogging those rights.
Old 17 Apr 2023, 22:05 (Ref:4152052)   #20
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you're a Sky Q or Sky Glass customer you get Discovery+ for free.
Old 18 Apr 2023, 08:06 (Ref:4152070)   #21
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
If you're a Sky Q or Sky Glass customer you get Discovery+ for free.
But it doesn't have the sports package (or it didn't last time I checked)
Old 18 Apr 2023, 11:14 (Ref:4152086)   #22
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Hedley Verity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
But it doesn't have the sports package (or it didn't last time I checked)
If you’ve got BT sport you can get Discovery plus for free which does come with the sports package
Old 19 Apr 2023, 15:47 (Ref:4152203)   #23
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
With virgin i get bt sports channels but not discovery +
Old 19 Apr 2023, 17:42 (Ref:4152209)   #24
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Hedley Verity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
With virgin i get bt sports channels but not discovery +
It could well be that you need to buy the sports channels direct from BT rather than through Sky or Virgin
Old 24 Apr 2023, 01:43 (Ref:4152709)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
And it is up on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Full race replay is up on YouTube

https://youtu.be/8ltsolMB-0s