Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 Apr 2023, 09:08 (Ref:4152731)   #26
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kudos to WEC for uploading races a week later considering the broadcast is behind a paywall - I see them doing loads of great moves to promote and make it easier for fans to engage.
Still their app is rather rubbish tho
Old 29 Apr 2023, 08:40 (Ref:4153462)   #27
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
racer coverage starts on bt sport 2 at 11.15 uk time
Old 29 Apr 2023, 09:49 (Ref:4153468)   #28
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
racer coverage starts on bt sport 2 at 11.15 uk time
Eurosport 2
Old 29 Apr 2023, 11:03 (Ref:4153488)   #29
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
oh yes sorry eurosport not bt
Old 29 Apr 2023, 14:10 (Ref:4153552)   #30
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yet again there is no way to tell apart the 2 streams on the Amazon Prime app, so you have to pick one and wait until the adverts start and then switch to the other one.
Old 29 Apr 2023, 14:40 (Ref:4153562)   #31
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The difference is the Eurosport logo. You want the one with just the Eurosport logo, not the Eurosport 2 logo. The good one is the Eurosport one, the other the normal channel.

This is based on the Eurosport app, but I guess the same is true for Amazon (?).

In the menu the logo is just an E with a star in it. The and one has the Eurosport 2 (E2) logo? In the Eurosport app those are called 6 hours of Spa Eurosport 2 coverage or just 6 hours of Spa.
Old 29 Apr 2023, 14:58 (Ref:4153577)   #32
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And due to the miracle of Eurosport I’m just about to start watching the race!
Old 1 May 2023, 12:09 (Ref:4154006)   #33
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Due to work it took me pretty much all of the remaining time both Saturday and Sunday to watch the race. I started a trial with Motortrend+ and certainly not regretting it! Considering letting the trial extend into a paid monthly subscription so it'll cover Le Mans and Monza.
Old 1 May 2023, 16:53 (Ref:4154047)   #34
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Don't forget to watch some OG wheeler dealers with Ed!

Motd does a great job of simply streaming wec's output. Any frustration in the actual content for me comes from what wec produces.
Old 2 May 2023, 02:06 (Ref:4154097)   #35
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Don't forget to watch some OG wheeler dealers with Ed!

Motd does a great job of simply streaming wec's output. Any frustration in the actual content for me comes from what wec produces.
What frustration?

I like the commentary team of Martin Haven, Graham Goodwin and Anthony Davidson, they sound like a team that gelled well with lots of (inside) info. A pleasure to listen to without them hyping the series and distracting from the on track action.
Old 2 May 2023, 04:57 (Ref:4154112)   #36
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I think the source of frustration may be the features that are shown mid race irrespective of what is going on (worst case the Spa weather report while the Ferraris was crashing out of the race) or the highlights shown on the hour.

I see these as frustrating, but they normally aren’t that bad and pale into insignificance compared to Jimmie Johnson skiing features that you get 10 minutes into an IMSA race on NBC.
Old 7 May 2023, 12:13 (Ref:4154822)   #37
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If anyone missed Spa it's now live here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7wqTWi-eeo

One of the better races in recent years for my money.
Old 25 May 2023, 13:44 (Ref:4157919)   #38
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just come across this press release for Radio Le Mans plans for the big race:-

https://mailchi.mp/5a7bdbe52724/radi...centenary-year
Old 25 May 2023, 14:05 (Ref:4157927)   #39
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
I have just come across this press release for Radio Le Mans plans for the big race:-

No Shea in the pits this year. But glad to see Trussers on the list at least. Few people can do what he can do.
Old 25 May 2023, 15:43 (Ref:4157942)   #40
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i pesumme the frequency will be the same as the last fe years
Old 25 May 2023, 17:16 (Ref:4157956)   #41
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Hedley Verity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i pesumme the frequency will be the same as the last fe years
Yes 91.2
Old 26 May 2023, 18:47 (Ref:4158092)   #42
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
No Shea in the pits this year. But glad to see Trussers on the list at least. Few people can do what he can do.
Given his health issues, any year with Trusswell could be his last. Hopefully we'll receive his insights for a long time to come.
Old 2 Jun 2023, 19:41 (Ref:4159377)   #43
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Motortrend on demand now has a countdown to Le mans. They're pretty bad about publishing upcoming live stuff, but that's a good sign the aco hasn't signed with speed sport 1 lol. (See nurburgring 24 shenanigans this year)
Old 2 Jun 2023, 20:08 (Ref:4159382)   #44
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Motortrend on demand now has a countdown to Le mans. They're pretty bad about publishing upcoming live stuff, but that's a good sign the aco hasn't signed with speed sport 1 lol. (See nurburgring 24 shenanigans this year)
Yes a good sign.

I'm still planning to do Eurosport (flying over to Italy to watch it or something). Always been good previously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post

Can't see a schedule yet. I assume there is test day.
Old 3 Jun 2023, 11:56 (Ref:4159483)   #45
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
D’oh, our Truckosaurus has already answered by question ages ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
You know you are getting close to race week when the Radio Le Mans schedule starts listing events for the 24hrs.

No sign of the preview shows/podcasts yet, though.

Old 3 Jun 2023, 13:33 (Ref:4159498)   #46
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Plenty of other items added to the RLM calendar now.

The previews can be streamed from the site too, even if they haven't appeared on their podcast feed.
Old 3 Jun 2023, 13:39 (Ref:4159502)   #47
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
These are now in apple podcast app.

Sometimes they just take a bit of time to get there.
Old 3 Jun 2023, 16:21 (Ref:4159530)   #48
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
I have found the RLM previews on my podcast app. They are listed under a 'RadioLeMans.com' feed not the 'Midweek Motorsport' one I was subscribed to.

Searching for 'radio le mans' didn't find them but 'radio show ltd' did.
Old 3 Jun 2023, 17:15 (Ref:4159535)   #49
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
I have found the RLM previews on my podcast app. They are listed under a 'RadioLeMans.com' feed not the 'Midweek Motorsport' one I was subscribed to.

Searching for 'radio le mans' didn't find them but 'radio show ltd' did.
These are up on spotify too now.

Beware the jingles still blow your head off when they come on! But they aren't going to sort the sound levels after all these years.
Old 3 Jun 2023, 18:21 (Ref:4159549)   #50
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
....But they aren't going to sort the sound levels after all these years.
If they even get their act together and process the files correctly we'll all miss it and have to turn the volume up manually to get the classic audio experience.

(Joking aside, I can never understand why a professional organisation with decades of broadcasting experience has constant issues with audio quality when other podcasts recorded by randoms in their bedroom with a free copy of GarageBand sound perfect)

Interestingly, it never seems a problem when listening at the track, whether that is because the you don't notice it when there's 50-odd loud motorcars drowning it out, or because something in their FM transmitting kit does sound processing properly.