Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 May 2023, 14:29 (Ref:4155005)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr View Post
On the new things good side, i do kinda like the flag drop with that massive French military helicopter swooping up the grandstand straight, and i'm not sure when it started - but i LOVE them playing Also Sprach Zarathustra as the cars roll thru Karting and the Ford Chicane at the race start.
Ah yes......
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1257.JPG  
Old 8 May 2023, 14:32 (Ref:4155006)   #27
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did you take that Ayse or is that you highlighted on the other side with a lasso?
Old 8 May 2023, 14:49 (Ref:4155010)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Someone here either took it or found it on social media, I forget now. But yes, that me, my son and his partner lassoo'd....
Old 8 May 2023, 15:17 (Ref:4155013)   #29
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In same grandstand again this year Ayse?
Old 8 May 2023, 18:36 (Ref:4155047)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, but after many years in the front row, we're right up the top this time. The stewarding in there has got very bad and they let too many freeloaders in who block your view right at the front. Up the top is also slightly better for photography too.
Old 9 May 2023, 00:10 (Ref:4155115)   #31
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And when it empties out you can always have a little time at the front near the pits. You can get some good shots down into the pits.
Old 9 May 2023, 06:45 (Ref:4155136)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes you can. It's pretty hopeless for panning shots of the cars because of the debris fencing. You have to wait for a car to move to the right of the track to overtake another, then you can get them 'above' the fencing. T34 remains the best stand for photography.
Old 9 May 2023, 06:47 (Ref:4155137)   #33
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
View from our GS
https://share.icloud.com/photos/079i...MhV4oLZgmdi_JA
Old 9 May 2023, 06:49 (Ref:4155138)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's a good view, particularly up at the top. I've been in there twice. The most uncomfortable seats in any stand though and quite cramped.
Old 9 May 2023, 11:23 (Ref:4155183)   #35
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lack of seat backs are a pain after an hour or so
Old 9 May 2023, 11:54 (Ref:4155186)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
Lack of seat backs are a pain after an hour or so
They certainly are....
Old 11 May 2023, 08:30 (Ref:4155514)   #37
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Proper qualifying really missed.

Given that Hyperpole introduced/announced at time when 2020 entries in and just 5 LMP1s and 4 categories.

Surely just 18 cars over 13.6km plus long time to warm up tyres possibly would not be ideal. If going for TV - top 10 hypercars and a shorter time (15mins) so all have to go out within a 3 min window and one set of tyres allowed must be better.
Old 11 May 2023, 12:04 (Ref:4155528)   #38
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This year it will be the top 8 from each to keep it at 24 in total.
Old 11 May 2023, 15:30 (Ref:4155565)   #39
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
What is not mlssed: people smoking above the pits when refueling… Their comments and encouragements are missed tho.
Old 11 May 2023, 15:57 (Ref:4155569)   #40
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
This year it will be the top 8 from each to keep it at 24 in total.
Good
Old 11 May 2023, 15:59 (Ref:4155571)   #41
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Did they smoke in the pits a few years back when the pits was so crowded that it was hard to see the cars?
Old 11 May 2023, 17:48 (Ref:4155591)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm sure they did....
Old 12 May 2023, 15:09 (Ref:4155717)   #43
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
Did they smoke in the pits a few years back when the pits was so crowded that it was hard to see the cars?
I do remember that the Matra team at least used to rent wrestlers and boxers to keep people away when they had to pit or make some welding in the corridor located behind the pit area. Who can remember the said corridor now? Happy days!
The unique ambiance can be seen in movies like LM by Steve McQueen or the other one…
Old 6 Jun 2023, 16:09 (Ref:4160245)   #44
N Martin
Racer

N Martin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridN Martin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I miss the old qualifying too. I'm so bored of these 5 second knockout/shootout/super duper all apparently exciting qualifying sessions now. It was disappointing when it was announced for le mans as well. It was the final place to escape all that. Le mans 24 hours or any 24 hour race for that matter doesn't need these sort of gimmicks imo. But anyway I'll stop moaning.

As someone else mentioned some of the old names from RLM like Jim Roller, Gary Champion, Charles Dressing and Graham Tyler to name a few. I still love RLM but the banter isn't quite the same as it used to be.
Old 6 Jun 2023, 19:44 (Ref:4160286)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, although I'm fine with the current crop of commentators, some of those who have gone were great to listen to, especially wiling away the early hours of Sunday morning with the likes of Jim Roller and Sam Collins.
Old 6 Jun 2023, 20:28 (Ref:4160295)   #46
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I really miss the time in the 80's when we could go in the paddock to watch the cars closely.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 06:49 (Ref:4160333)   #47
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I see your point Pascal, but now the risk to be electrocuted is so high that its no more a safe area. What I miss is the side view mirrors, it was good to watch all the engineering in those elements to keep the drag as low as possible. Back in the day, the drivers used to say that the lengh of Mulsanne straight was a good opportunity to watch the gauges and listen to the engine noises…
Old 7 Jun 2023, 09:35 (Ref:4160350)   #48
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have been fortunate enough to get into the paddock in the hybrid era. You might get run over by an electric golf cart towing some tyres, but you ain’t getting electrocuted by the race cars.

I miss a perfectly executed beer bottle tower. I don’t miss the crunching of glass under my foot in the spectator areas.