Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: Where the ACO right to let the Morgan take part in this year's Le Mans 24 hours?
Yes 25 78.13%
No 7 21.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 Jun 2002, 20:14 (Ref:319892)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Where the ACO right to let the Morgan in to this year Le Mans 24hrs?

A lot of people said that the Morgan should not have raced in this year Le Mans 24 hours. I belive it was right to include, I belive this for several reason these are:-

1:- Another car for the Brits to cheer on
2:- Another great name from the past returns to the race
3:- Another car in GTO to challage the Porche's

Also I think that it was one of the best supported car in this years and I hope it is back next year, oh and one last thing it made a hell of a noise.

So what is everyone else thoughts on this subject
Old 23 Jun 2002, 20:33 (Ref:319912)   #2
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes.

Why not? They weren't the slowest and they lasted a fair while too.

And it was a bit different to everything else too!
Old 24 Jun 2002, 07:54 (Ref:320168)   #3
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
After PQ I think we all felt it was a mistake. But the race pace was pretty impressive and they were great for the fans. (Note to Morgan though, get some attractive girls for the PR next year, not blokes with power tools )

The Ferrari Modenas were more disappointing than the Morgan and lets not even mention the Autoexe Mazda. This fine car managed to out-deborah everyone with its underwhelming performance combined with non-existent reliability.
Old 24 Jun 2002, 19:30 (Ref:320630)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As far as I'm concerned, the Morgan proved to be a thoroughly splendid entry, well deserving of it's entry. So well done to the ACO for having the character to select it. I for one hope to see them back again next year.
Old 24 Jun 2002, 22:55 (Ref:320822)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Morgan lasted longer than the Ferrari, it had a lovely engine note, and it was a real blast from the past! It also gave people something to talk about besides the Spyker.

I agree about that Mazda. That engine note was nasty and I was glad when it expired.
Old 25 Jun 2002, 06:56 (Ref:320980)   #6
hgb
Racer

hgb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must admit that I was completely wrong. Given the performance in May I thought it was not right to let this car race. It's different now and I only can congratulate the Morgan crew for that mighty effort, very well done. I hope they will be back next year.
Old 25 Jun 2002, 07:57 (Ref:321001)   #7
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I right in thinking that the Morgan had to run with a smaller air restricter, same as the Spyker as they have not produced enough cars yet. One of the Spyker drivers said on radio Le Mans, that the Porsche's would just pull away down the straights and they had not much chance in keeping up, due to the small restricter.
Old 25 Jun 2002, 10:08 (Ref:321116)   #8
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
for the 87.50% who have said yes!
Old 25 Jun 2002, 10:12 (Ref:321121)   #9
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another great pic Ker.

FG
Old 25 Jun 2002, 10:34 (Ref:321130)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, to the restrictor question. The Spyker people said that the restrictors cost them at least 7 seconds against the lead Porsche (who was the famous Lucas Luhr ) and I would guess the Morgan had some similar experience. The playing field should be more level next year for both.
Old 25 Jun 2002, 10:43 (Ref:321136)   #11
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
not mine this time fg...but i did enjoy this car. vive la differance and all that!
Old 4 Jul 2002, 09:52 (Ref:326920)   #12
Chris Gray
Racer

England
Lincolnshire
Chris Gray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ACO allowed Morgan an entry but not a second car for the prototype Ascari. Logic anyone?
Old 4 Jul 2002, 10:18 (Ref:326936)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
The Spyker people said that the restrictors cost them at least 7 seconds against the lead Porsche (who was the famous Lucas Luhr ) and I would guess the Morgan had some similar experience. The playing field should be more level next year for both.
7s. That would have put the Spyker 4th in class on the grid. Only tenths behind 2nd and 3rd. For the Morgan, 7s, would put it on pole, by 1s! Cool!
Old 5 Jul 2002, 09:46 (Ref:327568)   #14
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I saw a road version driving around Lincoln on Thursday. God it was hidious!
Old 5 Jul 2002, 16:09 (Ref:327794)   #15
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a great looking car if you ignore the front end- surely Morgan could have com up with a better looking front end? But apart from that, it was great to see it running (although the TV coverage didn't show it much!)
Old 5 Jul 2002, 18:35 (Ref:327864)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Gray
The ACO allowed Morgan an entry but not a second car for the prototype Ascari. Logic anyone?

I've no problem with the logic which gained Morgan their entry, but I personally agree that the ACO should have let the second Ascari in. On the basis of form and commitment, they probably deserved a second car, but I guess it would have meant "dumping" an LMP900 entry - so who should that have been, Chris? The Goh Audi? The R&S? They certainly had more good reason to be there than the two film cars......
Old 6 Jul 2002, 13:54 (Ref:328170)   #17
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yesterday I took a test drive in the Morgran Aero 8 roadgoing car. I have to say that I was very impressed with every aspect of it. The ONLY backward looking aspect of the is its styling, the construction is very high tech. The car was a joy to drive, superb handling and masses of torque. I would have one tomorrow if I could stump up the £55K.

FG
Old 6 Jul 2002, 15:17 (Ref:328205)   #18
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
Yesterday I took a test drive in the Morgran Aero 8 roadgoing car. I have to say that I was very impressed with every aspect of it. The ONLY backward looking aspect of the is its styling, the construction is very high tech. The car was a joy to drive, superb handling and masses of torque. I would have one tomorrow if I could stump up the £55K.

FG
One of the two road cars I saw in and around Le Mans had a really ugly green top... - I hope they change that!
Old 6 Jul 2002, 15:20 (Ref:328208)   #19
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Gray
ACO logic!
I thought it was silly when I first heard about it, and it seems to have broken Ascari's back. But the Morgan did at least partly live up to the trust put in it, I think. It didn't finish, but it wasn't the embarrassment everyone thought it would be at all.
Old 6 Jul 2002, 15:29 (Ref:328216)   #20
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel they should not left it until 2003 to include it.
Old 7 Jul 2002, 23:08 (Ref:329053)   #21
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
Huh? Are you saying you think it should or should not have been included- I can't tell!!:confused:
Old 8 Jul 2002, 12:28 (Ref:329337)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
No. I don't quite follow that one either?
Old 8 Jul 2002, 12:36 (Ref:329345)   #23
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
LOVESHACK, baby LOVESHACK!
You mean you've got a Chrysler with seats about twenty?