Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Sep 2004, 17:58 (Ref:1085069)   #51
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Félix, second Prodrive car? Factory drivers? Where do you see this?

The only GTS Ferraris I see are the Barron-Connor entries and the Larbre ones...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 3 Sep 2004, 02:59 (Ref:1085501)   #52
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jhansen
Yep, this is great news indeed! The battle will be fierce between the two R8's, the Dyson Lolas, and the Creation DBA-Zytek.

And you're correct Tim, we need to sit back and wait for the official entry list to be posted. I can't wait for the last two races. Especially Laguna, as I will be there!
No, really???
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 3 Sep 2004, 14:24 (Ref:1085966)   #53
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The ALMS site also made it "official" that AutoCon will return for Petit and Laguna via a nice piece about the team that was released today....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 3 Sep 2004, 19:46 (Ref:1086260)   #54
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Prodrive car is the second Lrbre car entered at Spa; Enge is driving. I don't know what they could be after for that race: the Saleen will be a bit too slow and won't make it to the end, and there are no Vettes to fight. It's nicer to think it's a preparation for something else in the remaining sportscar races this year.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 04:00 (Ref:1089565)   #55
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Perhaps 2 "Marshall Cooke" LMP2's??
Old 8 Sep 2004, 15:44 (Ref:1090047)   #56
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fogelhund
Perhaps 2 "Marshall Cooke" LMP2's??

It would be interesting indeed to see them resurface....

Is there something there you might have heard whispered in the wind on this one Fogelhund???

Just wondering....

Your "speculations" in many cases turn out to become fact.....

Old 8 Sep 2004, 15:47 (Ref:1090051)   #57
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
http://www.imsaracing.net/imsaNS.cfm...tentrylist.cfm
Old 8 Sep 2004, 15:53 (Ref:1090057)   #58
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
They must have JUST posted this within the last 1/2 hour or so, because I checked both sites earlier this morning....

Old 8 Sep 2004, 15:53 (Ref:1090058)   #59
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The word on the Cooke Lolas is that there are six young drivers who believe they'll be at Road Atlanta.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 8 Sep 2004, 15:54 (Ref:1090061)   #60
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Tim -

http://www.americanlemans.com/fanfre...48&whichpage=3

Not 100% yet, but likely.

So, 31 cars.

Additions?

P1
Rollcenter Dallara?
Zytek Factory? - did suggest they were dropping Spa to have the $ to race at PLM and Laguna
Lister - doubtful

P2
Marshall Cooke//Race Factory - 2 Lola//Millingtons - likely
Factory Courage - expressed desire - speculative

GTS - Prodrive - ALMS is trying to sell Dor on the idea

GT - Cirtek Ferrari 360 GTC is supposedly a go, maybe the 911 RSR

I would expect that the ALMS people will be at Spa this coming event trying to sell the final two races hard to the competitors. 31 is an ok entry, but I expect it will end up around 35.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 15:56 (Ref:1090065)   #61
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
The word on the Cooke Lolas is that there are six young drivers who believe they'll be at Road Atlanta.

If that is the case, then we're obviously seeing a "Preliminary" list...

and we may get a few more following this weekend at Spa....as well as the Cooke Entry with "six young drivers"....

Thanks, Paul and Fogelhund....

as for me....I'm fine with the list as it stands....

AutoCon is Back!!!!!

but more teams (including Cooke) would be most welcome....

Old 8 Sep 2004, 15:59 (Ref:1090068)   #62
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
BTW - there are suggestions that LM Test week is being changed to two weeks before the race. This would be excellent news if it proves to be true.

Apparently Panoz has been lobbying for such a change for FIVE years now.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 16:03 (Ref:1090071)   #63
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally posted by Fogelhund
BTW - there are suggestions that LM Test week is being changed to two weeks before the race. This would be excellent news if it proves to be true.

Apparently Panoz has been lobbying for such a change for FIVE years now.
That would be incredible news!!!!

It would open up options for the ALMS to run an event in April and in May prior to Test Days....

But it is my understanding from Fab that the whole "street closings," etc., is a reall political thing among townsfolk, businesses, etc....

and that there were good reasons to have it the way it has been...

but I'm fuzzy on those points...

and I agree with you 100% Fogelhund...that would be great news and a lot less expensive for the teams....

Old 8 Sep 2004, 19:02 (Ref:1090204)   #64
peckadj
Racer

peckadj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
error

Last edited by peckadj; 8 Sep 2004 at 19:04.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 19:35 (Ref:1090235)   #65
Garrett
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Garrett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I have just reviewed the Petit Le Mans entry list at ALMS.com. The list is somewhat, not up to my expetations. I was hoping for a Lister, more 360s, one or two BMW M3 GTs, and one P1 with a Judd V10 in the back of it. Though, none of the cars I wished for did not show up. I am, although, glad to see the Courage C65, the return of the Riley & Scott MRK 3c, the Reynard DBA Zytek, and the Lamborghini R-GTs. ALMS 2004 season goes down as one of the poorest in terms of the entries received this season, execpt Sebring. 2005 ALMS enty lists have to be better next year, hopefully!
Old 8 Sep 2004, 19:37 (Ref:1090236)   #66
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
There are more cars to come on that list
Old 8 Sep 2004, 19:53 (Ref:1090250)   #67
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Not many European teams will commit until after Spa this weekend....

I would anticipate probably seeing RollCentre, Factory Zytek (passed on Spa to save $$$ for Petit?), the Cooke LMP2s mentioned above, A Ferrari GTS entry (Barron Connor or Larbre)

and maybe even the Factory Lucchini LMP2, Nasamax and Taurus Diesel...but the latter two are serious longshots...

Who knows...maybe Larbre will bring a Ferrari and the Batmobile...

after all, they are running it at Spa...so why not Petit???

But again, I don't thenk we'll know more until next week....

Why enter a car only to have an off in the rain that seriously damages the car and then be forced to withdraw and lose the entry fee

Old 8 Sep 2004, 20:24 (Ref:1090279)   #68
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
I don't think you'll see the Zytek at PLM - More likely it'll be at Laguna
Old 8 Sep 2004, 20:31 (Ref:1090283)   #69
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Thanks, Graham....

That track should be a great fit for that chassis....and of course, It'll help them to possibly sell a few of them over here in North America...

Old 8 Sep 2004, 20:41 (Ref:1090294)   #70
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Garrett
Well, I have just reviewed the Petit Le Mans entry list at ALMS.com. The list is somewhat, not up to my expetations. I was hoping for a Lister, more 360s, one or two BMW M3 GTs, and one P1 with a Judd V10 in the back of it.
I'm not sure if you are referring to Lister LMP? It is unforunately not a high budget operation. It would be nice to see them out, but that has been doubtful from the start.

360 - expect to see the Cirtek Ferrari 360 GTC added to the list.

BMW's - Nope, not going to happen anytime soon, nobody is running this car anymore. Unlikely to be competitive regardless.

JuddV10 - Taurus and Rollcenter were the only hopes there. Let's see what develops after Spa.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 20:55 (Ref:1090305)   #71
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
My guess would be RollCentre of those two with Judds...

Taurus would get more ink and visibility with the "smudgepot" Lola than the one with the Judd....and the Diesel seems to be their future direction to get to the top level down the road...

Old 9 Sep 2004, 05:26 (Ref:1090538)   #72
PRODRIVEALLSTAR
Rookie

PRODRIVEALLSTAR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see the tvr's, but i havent heard anything on them possibly being there.
Old 9 Sep 2004, 05:29 (Ref:1090540)   #73
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I just wanted to mention that Frances stroke BAM in Florida... All our sympathie to the Team.

Oops ! Rob posted the news before me !

Last edited by Fab; 9 Sep 2004 at 06:08.
Old 9 Sep 2004, 11:56 (Ref:1090773)   #74
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin
I don't think you'll see the Zytek at PLM - More likely it'll be at Laguna
Interesting suggestion in Autosport this morning that the Zytek could be run at Laguna by Arena International, with Stefan Johansson involved.

Just a bit of totally wild speculation on my part, but could they be a potential Zytek customer for next year?
Old 9 Sep 2004, 13:37 (Ref:1090871)   #75
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Question:

Arena received an Auto Invite to Le Mans that had to be withdrawn...

What chassis did that original entry have listed????

Was it a Zytek???

I can't remember....

But if Arena would be running the Factory Zytek at Laguna, I don't think it would be "wild speculation" at all that they are a possible customer for the chassis....otherwise, this type of deal (if it is true) wouldn't have been cut...

And the fact that Arena also would probably be picking up some of the costs to get the car here and to run it would tell me that they might even be a "likely" customer for a Zytek...