Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 7 Jul 2005, 10:03 (Ref:1349413)   #1
robert77
Racer

England
Worcestershire/Shropshire border
robert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrobert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shelsley Centenary

I know it's a few weeks off yet, but I can't wait till the Shelsley Centenary weekend.

I'll be camping (can't the point in going home to come back again for three days, even though I only live 10 miles away from Shelsley), but I was wondering who else will be staying for the party(ies).

There is a special area for us orange bods, so come on peeps, lets make it a weekend to remember.

moxey77
Old 7 Jul 2005, 17:54 (Ref:1349789)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm introducing a shift system for the marshals so that everyone will at least get to touch a fire extinguisher at some point over the week-end! Seriously, I'm awaiting the list of marshals, but I'm led to believe that we will have rather more than our usual complement.

Camping/caravanning is a must, though. Should be the party of the century. Don't forget that you've still got to be able to marshal on Sunday...
Old 7 Jul 2005, 19:41 (Ref:1349853)   #3
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
I been told pretty officailly that we could not only man Shelsley very well but we could also man the other two midland hill's with enough spare for a clubby at Curbrough.

As you say Wooley the party should be pretty darn good, i'm definitely staying saturday night avec Chevron bar shirt.
Old 7 Jul 2005, 20:57 (Ref:1349894)   #4
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue dude
As you say Wooley the party should be pretty darn good, i'm definitely staying saturday night avec Chevron bar shirt.
Yet to purchase mine, but I did place an order.
Old 7 Jul 2005, 21:12 (Ref:1349910)   #5
icklimp
Racer

England
icklimp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
Yet to purchase mine, but I did place an order.
Fortunately my grandmother placed my order and said shirt was modelled last saturday. Should be able to make at least the saturday night and sunday for the centenary
Old 8 Jul 2005, 01:47 (Ref:1350051)   #6
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
If the weather's ok there's plenty of fun to be had both on track and off it.

Old 8 Jul 2005, 08:27 (Ref:1350167)   #7
robert77
Racer

England
robert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrobert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

If there's gonna that many marshals....

Is there gonna be a big enuff campsite?

Looks like I'll have to bring me tent over there on Thursday lunchtime to get a good camping slot.

But the word and the possibility should the weather be good of some totty, I ain't missing this one.

So if there's any offers from any lady marshals for a tent share, please do ask.
Old 8 Jul 2005, 08:48 (Ref:1350184)   #8
DaveK
Racer

England
Whitchurch
DaveK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That reminds me ,I must not park next to the Chevron Bar this time ,
Noisy blighters

Dave
Old 8 Jul 2005, 10:45 (Ref:1350241)   #9
Pistonbroke
Racer

Wales
Shropshire
Pistonbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone got any idea of an up to date entry list?
Old 8 Jul 2005, 13:02 (Ref:1350302)   #10
robert77
Racer

England
not heard anymore so far piston, but i'll see what mr ball (marshals secretary has to say).
Old 12 Jul 2005, 20:39 (Ref:1354072)   #11
beach
Rookie

beach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how do you volunteer for Shelsey,have been Prescott afew times to Marshal.
had a great time.Adrian
Old 12 Jul 2005, 21:44 (Ref:1354143)   #12
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
There are two ways on-line.

Either use Julian's site Go to volunteering forms\Clubs\MAC

or

e-mail to Roger Thomas, address on the Shelsley Walsh website
Old 12 Jul 2005, 21:51 (Ref:1354150)   #13
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm introducing a shift system for the marshals so that everyone will at least get to touch a fire extinguisher at some point over the week-end! Seriously, I'm awaiting the list of marshals, but I'm led to believe that we will have rather more than our usual complement.

Camping/caravanning is a must, though. Should be the party of the century. Don't forget that you've still got to be able to marshal on Sunday...
I'll er .... guard the contents of the Jack Rohll *hic* er hut that weekend I think
Old 12 Jul 2005, 22:09 (Ref:1354176)   #14
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
If we drink enough of it, there won't be enough for the rest to get drunk on.

No, I'm wrong, they change the barrell when it runs out. I guess we could always try to restrict everyone to just the one can of Fosters instead...?
Old 12 Jul 2005, 23:25 (Ref:1354228)   #15
andymfell
Rookie

United Kingdom
cumbria
andymfell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
deleted

Last edited by andymfell; 12 Jul 2005 at 23:28. Reason: thought better
Old 13 Jul 2005, 07:20 (Ref:1354376)   #16
robert77
Racer

England
Ahh but woolley, if we drink enuff of it, they might run out of barrels mate. Then what would we do?
Old 13 Jul 2005, 12:44 (Ref:1354599)   #17
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
No, I just meant Alistair and me. Just thinking of your welfare...
Old 13 Jul 2005, 12:54 (Ref:1354613)   #18
robert77
Racer

England
Woolley...
I think you've known me long enuff now, to know that big enuff and ugly enuff to look after me self. All you gotta do is keep me away from the young single......... (ok and married) women or I could lose meself.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 12:56 (Ref:1354614)   #19
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
No, I just meant Alistair and me. Just thinking of your welfare...
And I was just trying to think of a duty that didn't involve a clutch, tyre or towing of any kind. (before anybody else got in )
Old 13 Jul 2005, 13:03 (Ref:1354623)   #20
robert77
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w
And I was just trying to think of a duty that didn't involve a clutch, tyre or towing of any kind. (before anybody else got in )
Don't worry mr crow, the van keys ain't coming within 1000yrds of you this time. I rockon it was sabotage so you dint have to drive all the way up the hill you dark bird you.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 16:58 (Ref:1354796)   #21
G Tanner
Racer

England
Weston-super-Mare
G Tanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think a pair of rollerskates is the best you can expect next meeting. Least there will be no punctures or clutches to burn out.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 18:28 (Ref:1354862)   #22
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Hmm. A blow out in your roller skates doesn't sound good. Just as a precaution, I'm towing his caravan to Shelsley that week-end.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 22:51 (Ref:1355058)   #23
G Tanner
Racer

England
Weston-super-Mare
G Tanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a very brave thing to do...

The curse of Blackcrow could strike at any time......

I'd almost be tempted to think eating a pork pie was a safer bet..
Old 14 Jul 2005, 08:45 (Ref:1355242)   #24
robert77
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Tanner
That's a very brave thing to do...

The curse of Blackcrow could strike at any time......

I'd almost be tempted to think eating a pork pie was a safer bet..

Or pouring a cup of coffee.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 20:50 (Ref:1355715)   #25
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxey77
Or pouring a cup of coffee.
Or reversing your car a few feet with the only obstacle being a stationary tree?