Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Oct 2012, 00:26 (Ref:3151227)   #51
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When you have staff get up and leave at the frequency they do, you'd have to question the atmosphere and management in the place.

I'd be best not to say too much for fear of an e-bashing from the DJR-defenders on here.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 00:34 (Ref:3151230)   #52
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
When you have staff get up and leave at the frequency they do, you'd have to question the atmosphere and management in the place.

I'd be best not to say too much for fear of an e-bashing from the DJR-defenders on here.
Even they must be looking for answers ?
Old 19 Dec 2012, 22:29 (Ref:3180184)   #53
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Even they must be looking for answers ?
The revolving door contiues to spin with more senior staff leaving this week...
Old 19 Dec 2012, 23:22 (Ref:3180195)   #54
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=1252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
so who got the flick from DJR yesterday?

Old 19 Dec 2012, 23:52 (Ref:3180207)   #55
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
To be fair, the team is cutting back to 2 cars from 4.. So it is unlikely they would retain their full complement of technogumbies..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 Jan 2013, 12:44 (Ref:3194855)   #56
mspence
Racer

mspence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/motor...127-2dezu.html

Not the kind of 'mainstream media' coverage the series is looking for.
Old 27 Jan 2013, 12:46 (Ref:3194857)   #57
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They're going to go even further down the pooh schute if they don't turn up.

They'd be mad if they don't sign up a couple of pay drivers. Mr Owen and Mr Reindler are about their only hope at this point, unless someone like Mr Bargwanna pops his head up again.
Old 27 Jan 2013, 14:54 (Ref:3194890)   #58
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:

They'd be mad if they don't sign up a couple of pay drivers. Mr Owen and Mr Reindler are about their only hope at this point, unless someone like Mr Bargwanna pops his head up again.
Murf or Seto?
Old 27 Jan 2013, 16:05 (Ref:3194905)   #59
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry DJR fans but Dick is past it. He should never have driven Charlie off and I hate to say I told you so.
Old 27 Jan 2013, 20:30 (Ref:3194986)   #60
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Sorry DJR fans but Dick is past it. He should never have driven Charlie off and I hate to say I told you so.
You may be right... Certainly at the rate that DJR has been going through investors of late, someting ain't right.

It's very sad, but that's business I guess.
Old 27 Jan 2013, 22:16 (Ref:3195039)   #61
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

What money does Steve Owen bring with him.... VIP has gone to Tekno?
Old 27 Jan 2013, 22:53 (Ref:3195060)   #62
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspence View Post
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/motor...127-2dezu.html

Not the kind of 'mainstream media' coverage the series is looking for.
Interesting article, and articulates what has arguably been an open secret in the sport for some time.

Its hardly the series' fault though that one of the teams involved has sponsor issues. Again. Have we lost count how many times this has happened here?

Meantime, it seems that none of last year's equipment has been sold off, the 2010 series winner, or the other 2 chassis in DJR's care. This may have released some cash flow to help pay suppliers to help the build of the 2x new FG CotF toys that are needed in less than 3 weeks' time...

The loss of Mr Pickering will be huge for this squad, with the supposed arrival of Mr Hunter into the development series with what was said to be strong outside backing, including Finance Ezi, this cash cow may also have flown the coop...

Some were suggesting that a Heimgartner/Reindler combination may start the year at DJR...

This has wider ramifications of course.. from what we have seen so far, Mr Fiore is apparently leasing his REC to DJR in 2013, and the income from leasing that REC is being used to potentially fund a ride at LDM... now if DJR is unable to pay... does that also put the LDM seat in doubt...

Presuming that a VESA-ratified lease was put into place, as opposed to an external agreement of a loan/operation like at Erebus/JRR or FPR/RNR or FPR/Chasports... or Mr Fiore may be liable for the '$150k per round'(which I understood had been increased to $170k in the latest REC update)

Old 28 Jan 2013, 00:22 (Ref:3195077)   #63
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Somehow it seems the only long term solution is for DJR to be sold
Old 28 Jan 2013, 02:41 (Ref:3195094)   #64
gts300
Racer

Australia
gts300 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Its hardly the series' fault though that one of the teams involved has sponsor issues.
Not quite what everyone was saying a few weeks ago when the TV rights were still being negotiated.
Old 28 Jan 2013, 03:03 (Ref:3195097)   #65
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by gts300 View Post
Not quite what everyone was saying a few weeks ago when the TV rights were still being negotiated.
Everyone knew 'a' teev deal was coming, just not who it was with...
Old 28 Jan 2013, 03:30 (Ref:3195102)   #66
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've thought for a while that it's time for Dick to sell out and let the new generation have at it. I'm sure he can stay plenty busy representing personal sponsors or manufacturers, doing the odd appearance or tv work, etc. The 2010 championship will always stand out as an oddball in history.
Old 28 Jan 2013, 06:37 (Ref:3195131)   #67
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
What money does Steve Owen bring with him.... VIP has gone to Tekno?
Earthex, among others.

Apparently still has VIP in his portfolio, but not to the extent of a naming rights sponsor anymore. Perhaps Mr Reindler's portfolio can stretch to two cars?

As GTR has pointed out, the team should've offloaded their old rolling stock by now, and perhaps downsize themselves out of that two-car DVS campaign they were planning.

Plenty of stuff they can pawn off. 3 V8SCs, probably another race transporter. Not a whole lot of money. Maybe half a million at best. Might be enough to get them to SMP if the midnight oil was burnt.
Old 28 Jan 2013, 07:04 (Ref:3195143)   #68
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Everyone knew 'a' teev deal was coming, just not who it was with...
I am not sure that flies with sponsors.

The late tv may not be totally responsible but it is definitely a factor
Old 28 Jan 2013, 07:24 (Ref:3195153)   #69
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
I am not sure that flies with sponsors.

The late tv may not be totally responsible but it is definitely a factor
have to agree here....... look what the WRC has become without a global audience.
Old 28 Jan 2013, 07:50 (Ref:3195170)   #70
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is there anywhere that explains why Mr Pickering left? One thing's for sure, this would make a good book if you were allowed to write it.
Old 28 Jan 2013, 08:09 (Ref:3195180)   #71
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
Is there anywhere that explains why Mr Pickering left? One thing's for sure, this would make a good book if you were allowed to write it.
Not sure a motorsport journo type would have thought to ask him

Stories around all of this are both conflicting and noisy, with plenty of he said/she said floating around. If bulldust was a currency, this squad would have more money than even RBRA

One constant from the multiple stories & sources however seems to be a significant disagreement that may or may not have taken place regarding staffing.. in terms of who and what role and how many and the like. And is likely to have included driving staff.

Presumably Mr Pickering has an exit solution to this adventure... which is kinda over before it has begun.

I wonder what might happen to Mr Hunter's backing for 2013, with a Finance Ezi-supported Dunlop series drive @ DJR reportedly a done deal...

Presuming any of this actually happened
Old 28 Jan 2013, 08:10 (Ref:3195181)   #72
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could it be that the long term debts are always creeping up on DJR, I can't think of how many stories of Dick selling this, selling that...just to stay afloat. Long gone are the days of big Shell money and Ford money helping the cause...but I guess the business is that fickle that once results don't flow the fair weather friends disappear.
Dick has loads of fans including myself, so it will be a pity to see the team in trouble. Decisions to keep SJ driving have clearly cost a lot, while he isn't a bad steerer I'd suggest they have let plenty pass them by that may have brought more commercially to the team than SJ can offer.
Perhaps there is another Rusty French out there??? Either way I'd expect Dick to leave the sport sooner rather than later. More power to him for sticking it out, but business is business....
Old 28 Jan 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3195192)   #73
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Better order my Crimsafe Security Door now, while they're still worth something!!!
Old 28 Jan 2013, 09:18 (Ref:3195209)   #74
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Poor old Dicks between a rock and a hard place.
Old 28 Jan 2013, 10:49 (Ref:3195232)   #75
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Poor old Dicks between a rock and a hard place.
Boom tish!