Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 22 Jul 2009, 12:15 (Ref:2506030)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
NASCAR Cup - Round 20 Indianapolis

The BRICKYARD 400 (Allstate)
47 teams entered....
Entry List
US Broadcast Schedule (includes support series)

NASCAR and Goodyear seem to think they have the tire issues that made for an awful boring silly stupid race last year have been solved.

Smoke(audio) and JeffeeG agree.

i'll believe it when i see it.
Old 22 Jul 2009, 17:19 (Ref:2506216)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A very special and evocative paint scheme for Juan Pablo this weekend.

Old 22 Jul 2009, 19:37 (Ref:2506279)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post

Nice!
Old 22 Jul 2009, 22:28 (Ref:2506350)   #4
Racenut7
Veteran

Racenut7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
#64, Mike Wallace has withdrawn from the event.
My Favourite 08 moment was when Courtney/Besnard comeback drive at Bathurst. Courtney raced through to dominate the opening stint had 15 sec. gap to Lowndes who was in 2nd. In the 2nd stint a slowly deflating tyre (originally diagnosed as a damaged anti-roll bar) slowed Besnard's stint in Courtney's car allowing Whincup to assert dominance over the field rest of the race. On lap 160 S.Richards, fading badly on rear tyres was unable to stop Courtney move into 3rd place.
Old 23 Jul 2009, 01:21 (Ref:2506388)   #5
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I love JPM's paint scheme. Reminds me not only of JPM's days in CART, but alos of Zanardi and Vasser...all three made that series a lot of fun to watch.

This could be the last Brickyard 400, there are a lot of rumors going around about that. We'll see. Everyone's been dissing the race, but I can think of quite a few races at IMS that I really enjoyed. People seem to only remember 2008, but I sure remember Stewart vs Harvick in 07, Labonte vs Wallace in 00, etc.

I just hope the tires work this time...
Old 23 Jul 2009, 12:39 (Ref:2506577)   #6
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
I love JPM's paint scheme. Reminds me not only of JPM's days in CART, but alos of Zanardi and Vasser...all three made that series a lot of fun to watch...
Was thinking the same...

Hoping for an Ambrose top 10 in the "#47 Little Debbie Toyota Camry"
Old 23 Jul 2009, 13:26 (Ref:2506622)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
This could be the last Brickyard 400, there are a lot of rumors going around about that. We'll see. Everyone's been dissing the race, but I can think of quite a few races at IMS that I really enjoyed. People seem to only remember 2008, but I sure remember Stewart vs Harvick in 07, Labonte vs Wallace in 00, etc.
i sure remember Awesome Bill winning over Rusty a few years back!
there were some decent IROC races there too, but it really doesn't make for "great" stockcar races. it's a big race b/c of where it is...if they don't come back, i won't cry.

there has always been the die hard openwheelers out there that say stockcars should not race at Indy, for their reasons. don't blame them; seems since the first 400, OW racing has gone downhill ever since...coincidence??
Old 23 Jul 2009, 13:32 (Ref:2506628)   #8
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
nice colors, but can he win it? i give him another top 5 finish, but i don't think you can beat against ANY Hendrick car ('cept the 88).

i'll beat on someone from Indiana or Arkansas winning....take your pick
Old 23 Jul 2009, 13:45 (Ref:2506637)   #9
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm looking forward to seeing the double file restarts in effect at the Brickyard. Hopefully they'll provide some fireworks towards the end of the race like they did at ChicagoLand.
Old 23 Jul 2009, 14:32 (Ref:2506660)   #10
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd also like to see another top ten for Ambrose...I'm really enjoying how well he's run this year. Great guy. Anyone who wears a bucket hat deserves to be successful.

Double file restarts should help. They did at some other traditionally dull tracks like Chicago and Pocono (which wasn't traditionally dull until shifting went away).

If JPM can keep up his consistent top ten finishes, he could end up pretty high in points with the Chase system, maybe even top five if he really runs well.
Old 23 Jul 2009, 18:50 (Ref:2506757)   #11
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut7 View Post
#64, Mike Wallace has withdrawn from the event.

Biggest joke of a team. Worse than the S&Pers. Iv'e never heard of a team that withdraws at every oppertunity, whether for a rainout to get another team in or whatever.
Old 24 Jul 2009, 19:03 (Ref:2507293)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
PRACTICE #1 currently underway with Greg Bifle, JPM and Awesome Bill topping the charts as Derrick Cope and John Andretti are at the bottom.

Live Timing
Old 24 Jul 2009, 22:29 (Ref:2507386)   #13
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
BTW. Carter (08) has bought the ex Mayfield cars.

Also, they're definitely going to need a Past Champion's Provisional to get in.
Old 25 Jul 2009, 02:39 (Ref:2507454)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
doesn't look like the #21 will need a provisional to get in....
mark m and jpm the 2 quickest in 2nd practice
Old 25 Jul 2009, 18:47 (Ref:2507918)   #15
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
after 4 hour rain delay, q'ing is under way with mark m and JPM at the top of the charts so far....about 25 cars left to go.
Old 26 Jul 2009, 02:30 (Ref:2508138)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
LINEUP

Mark Martin on the pole!
2. JPM
3. JR
4. Awesome Bill
5. Reutimann

7. Smoke
11. Taz
16. JJ
22. the 24

Sterling, Max and Cope DNQ.

tires look to be good this time
Old 26 Jul 2009, 18:03 (Ref:2508519)   #17
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That intro of sorts, narrated by "Deadliest Catch" Mike Rowe, was simply awesome.
Old 26 Jul 2009, 19:03 (Ref:2508568)   #18
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
missed Mike Rowe, but sure it was good.
lap 31
JPM & mark lookin really fast.
Hamlin with transmission issues
48 movin up
21 droppin
08 in 8th?
Old 26 Jul 2009, 21:13 (Ref:2508647)   #19
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Don't anyone say anything about that incident, I will flip ****. Already have on my mother.

F**k you Jimmie Johnson. You got lucky.
Old 26 Jul 2009, 21:21 (Ref:2508651)   #20
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
I'm not gonna lie. That is hard to believe that He was over the speed limit In BOTH sectors.
Old 26 Jul 2009, 21:23 (Ref:2508655)   #21
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
It's because NASCAR doesn't want someone running away with a ****ing race, so they make a blatantly fake call, so they get a 'popular' driver to win, and make a close finish, ****ing piece of **** officials.
Old 26 Jul 2009, 21:26 (Ref:2508657)   #22
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Just remember Regan Smith last year...yeah...
Old 26 Jul 2009, 21:28 (Ref:2508658)   #23
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
It's because NASCAR doesn't want someone running away with a ****ing race, so they make a blatantly fake call, so they get a 'popular' driver to win, and make a close finish, ****ing piece of **** officials.

Uh...judging by the people I met, Jimmie isn't popular. Still, at least Montoya is in the chase.
Old 26 Jul 2009, 21:28 (Ref:2508659)   #24
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
Steevp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If ever I saw a fix.

I was starting to be a fan of Nacar, but what's the point?
Old 26 Jul 2009, 21:29 (Ref:2508660)   #25
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Still is a more popular driver than JPM. Most of the public knows who he is, if they said that JPM won, most would be like "who?"

F**K, I really wanted action to make that god damn ****ing car.