Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Sep 2009, 13:12 (Ref:2546628)   #1
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
No more Spa?

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=39078
Old 23 Sep 2009, 13:29 (Ref:2546639)   #2
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Apparently the Friday testing this week had been cancelled, then reinstated, and lawyers are making money as we speak!

Watch the Spa 6 Hour thread in Historics...
Old 23 Sep 2009, 13:31 (Ref:2546640)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Well , it seems that if they had done what was required the first time , this wouldnt have happened .

But on saying that , I wish people would pizz off and find something worthwhile to complain about .

More often than not , the people doing the moaning & whining, didnt come along until well after the track was built , so how can they be taken seriously ?
There is more usless noise coming from those folk , than the track itself , not to mention the financial loss to the area .

I work at an airport that was built during WW2 ..... across the fields where there was no houses , these are the exact people that are doing the complaining now !!! The question remains : Why did they buy property close to a track or an airport and then complain and expect to be taken seriously .

I strongly suggest that these people are beaten to a pulp with a baseball bat , followed by a lengthy spell at Guantanamo Bay ..... cuz those B-stards are terrorists .

I suspect that this is just a rather large public slap on the arse . Remember how their lisence was banned for a year back in the 90's over tobacco sponsorship .
Old 23 Sep 2009, 13:32 (Ref:2546641)   #4
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing about this is being reported by more popular reputable sites. 2026??
Old 23 Sep 2009, 13:57 (Ref:2546647)   #5
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...115741&page=28 See from post #414?
Those posting are reputable members here in good standing...
Old 23 Sep 2009, 18:02 (Ref:2546819)   #6
92scotland
Racer

United Kingdom
92scotland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid92scotland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to Autosport, Spa has now reopened: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78806

Will be open for the 6 hour historic race
Old 23 Sep 2009, 18:24 (Ref:2546838)   #7
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is an 8 day truce between both parties. They claim not to take actions during this weekend Historic event.
http://verviers.lameuse.be/regions/v...s-728597.shtml
Old 23 Sep 2009, 19:19 (Ref:2546878)   #8
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Now I kind of understand ACO's noise limit reducements... sadly
Old 23 Sep 2009, 19:19 (Ref:2546879)   #9
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Well , it seems that if they had done what was required the first time , this wouldnt have happened .

But on saying that , I wish people would pizz off and find something worthwhile to complain about .

More often than not , the people doing the moaning & whining, didnt come along until well after the track was built , so how can they be taken seriously ?
There is more usless noise coming from those folk , than the track itself , not to mention the financial loss to the area .

I work at an airport that was built during WW2 ..... across the fields where there was no houses , these are the exact people that are doing the complaining now !!! The question remains : Why did they buy property close to a track or an airport and then complain and expect to be taken seriously .

I strongly suggest that these people are beaten to a pulp with a baseball bat , followed by a lengthy spell at Guantanamo Bay ..... cuz those B-stards are terrorists .

I suspect that this is just a rather large public slap on the arse . Remember how their lisence was banned for a year back in the 90's over tobacco sponsorship .
Agree. If someone lived near the track for such a long time then they would have complained long before now, so it must be new(ish) residents who are miserable and ignorant beyond belief.

I don't like football so... I don't move right next to a football stadium! Obvious, really! Sadly, though, simple logic eludes some people.
Old 24 Sep 2009, 08:36 (Ref:2547194)   #10
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Now I kind of understand ACO's noise limit reducements... sadly
I reckon with respect to Le Mans , they are pre-empting a potential noise restriction by applying their own .

I disagree with that too , but Its better than nothing i suppose .

The town of Le Mans is a lot better off because of the race , than without it , as Im sure Spa is too .
Old 24 Sep 2009, 08:42 (Ref:2547196)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Without the race track Spa would very quickly die, the place is not very close to anything and the track and associated businesses must be the largest employer in the area, however as the saying goes you can not please all of the people all of the time, however you can ignore some of the people all of the time, and the wingers and moaners fall into that category.
Old 24 Sep 2009, 09:28 (Ref:2547225)   #12
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Ah, but then someone with a clever lawyer will invoke Human Rights Act, and how theirs are infringed, because someone uses that racetrack at the bottom of their garden...

They haven't had a weekend's peace since moving here 6 weeks ago!
Old 24 Sep 2009, 10:56 (Ref:2547265)   #13
Mike Sweeney
Rookie

Mike Sweeney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe if bernie didn't rape the circuit operators to stage his gp they'd have enough profit to buy some decent legal help.

Ironically, once the "quiet ones" have won their battle (which I'm sure they will in some form) there'll be even less of an economy in the region than there is now - and of course their homes will be worth f**k all, assuming they're worth a dime now..