Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 20 Dec 2002, 17:32 (Ref:454359)   #1
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ten-Tenths Friendly Racing League

Ten-Tenths Friendly Racing League

The main aim of this league is to provide a friendly place for any Ten-Tenths member to race in. But to keep things in a check a bit a few sensible rules have to be applied. The race order and what car you are racing in has been decided for you, so that all races are down to driver’s skill rather than who has the faster car. The race order has been decided upon for this season to allow the less experienced racers to gain some experience on the more commonly raced tracks. Therefore the race order and car used for this season are:

1. Monza Lotus 14th January
2. Watkins Glen Ferrari 28th January
3. Silverstone Lotus 11th February
4. Spa Eagle 25th February
5. Kyalami Eagle 11th March
6. Mosport Cooper 25th March
7. Zandvoort Ferrari 8th April
8. Monaco Cooper 22nd April
9. Rouen Brabham 6th May
10. Mexico Brabham 20th May

The race length will start off at Intermediate Short with the length going up to Intermediate Long length for the start of Race 3, if there are no serious problems. All races will have a 30minutes qualifying session. In the race you will be allowed a maximum of 3 shift-R’s, to stop you from doing silly moves and crashing all the time. To finish first, first you have to finish to quote a well-known phrase. This is there to keep the realism, but knowing that online racing has its problems.

In the race and if you feel aggrieved by a move carried out on you by another driver then save and send a clip of the incident to me (Tony Simpson), so that it can be checked, and anything done to improve the situation. If you happen to cause the accident it is your responsibility to come into the pits and have a stop-go penalty. This is done by the person who causes the accident only. Such incidents you will need to do the penalty are when you crash in to the back of some one else, rejoin badly, etc. This is being done to make sure that underhanded tactics are not used in any racing. If people are found to be mistreating this racing conduct then there are ways of keeping the racing clean. This in not a threat it is a serious point, this is a friendly league, we do not want to introduce certain rules.

The points system for the race will be based upon the new for 2003 F1 system, so it will be 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. This is as the maximum number of spaces on the grid is 12. Only 7 of the 10 races will count towards the final championship.

Other general rules are that all cars are of the original game, which means no engine swap, no tyre changes, etc, etc, etc. Also when qualifying you do not shift r. If you spin and crash and get damage you restart from the pit lane. Please remember to type Pit In, PI, Pit Out, PO, Sorry, S, Good Luck All, GLA, etc if the needs be. These are common sense points.

The first race will start be the 14th of January, with a start time of 8pm GMT with the following race occurring two weeks to the day at the same time. We will meet in the chat forum of VROC 15 minutes or so before the race, so that’s 7.45pm GMT or so. There will be a practice server on the Sunday 5th of January before the race at the same track, so that you can get some dedicated practice online. More details of that to come.

To confirm your entry please email me (its easiest that one person gets all the info atm) with your email address, if you have a dial up connection or cable, and if you have one a GPL Rank, This last bit is for a bit of a reference for the future.

These rules are here to keep a check on the racing and not stop it from happening, and remember this is a friendly racing league, not a free for all. Keep racing clean, and to have fun

Any further questions please ask.

Tony
Old 20 Dec 2002, 17:36 (Ref:454362)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No BRM?
Old 20 Dec 2002, 17:44 (Ref:454369)   #3
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Not this time around as I said, most people will not have raced much online yet, so to gain some experiance the more commonly used cars will be used this season.

Thats why the N'Ring will not be in this season, it will for future ones as well as the all the cars.
Old 20 Dec 2002, 18:21 (Ref:454392)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am in, more than likly finish last, but it will be good fun...........
Old 20 Dec 2002, 18:28 (Ref:454397)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent Tony, well done. I'm very happy indeed with the arrangements. I'm all for keeping it as friendly as possible. Did you mean e-mail proper or PM?
Old 20 Dec 2002, 18:46 (Ref:454413)   #6
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

As long as I get the email addres for future use then anything is ok.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 18:56 (Ref:454998)   #7
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What game is this?
Old 21 Dec 2002, 19:39 (Ref:455018)   #8
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grand Prix Legends
Old 22 Dec 2002, 02:10 (Ref:455209)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
What game is this?

What game?

What game?

Are you serious Hakkiman?
Old 22 Dec 2002, 11:08 (Ref:455379)   #10
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very serious. Really didn't have a clue what game it was.

Certainly won't be playing. I hate GPL.
Old 22 Dec 2002, 12:07 (Ref:455414)   #11
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

have a look at the thread, why should I buy Grand Prix Legends, its explains alot more what gpl is and why it is the best racing game out there by a mile.

Except that you have already seen that thread, so I am not sure why you are asking this question. And in answer to one of your questions, the only way to play the game is with a wheel, that way you can actually drive the thing.

Last edited by Tony_Simpson; 22 Dec 2002 at 12:10.
Old 22 Dec 2002, 13:32 (Ref:455468)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
Very serious. Really didn't have a clue what game it was.

Certainly won't be playing. I hate GPL.
Oh well, the rest of us know when we're well off, don't we guys?!
Old 23 Dec 2002, 21:26 (Ref:456401)   #13
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
will the race replays be posted on that net? id be interested to see them!
Old 23 Dec 2002, 21:40 (Ref:456415)   #14
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly I will be away for the initial rounds. Any allowance for late arrivals ? Could I have catch up races later ?

Simon
Old 24 Dec 2002, 09:46 (Ref:456661)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Do we need to formally register entries for each race?
Old 24 Dec 2002, 10:14 (Ref:456673)   #16
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Hopefully the replay should be posted on the net,

If you see in the rules for points there is an allowance and that is that only 7 of the 10 rounds will count towards the championship. This is only a friendly league and you can join or leave as you wish. It only gives some structure to racing online for us ten-tenths memebers.

And no you do not need to register for each round, now that i have some email address's I will send out a reminder of when the practice server is up and the race itself.

You can come and go as you please and only do the rounds you want to do, but it is more fun and helps your driving in general by racing at all tracks. You will not belive how much quicker you are at the end of the season.
Old 24 Dec 2002, 12:32 (Ref:456745)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Excellent. I'm really looking forward to it, Tony.
Old 31 Dec 2002, 01:03 (Ref:460614)   #18
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi people,

After being used to broadband for 18 months this 56k lark is getting me down,

Good news is the league website is coming on well. I don't know if it will be ready for the first race, but it will be ready soon. Most of the work is the look, and not the actual content.

As mentioned in the original post, I'll be setting up a practice server for Monza on the 5th January (only with the Lotus allowed of course). The provisional time will be 2-4pm, but if there are any problems with that let me know. I'm flexible on time.

Keep practising guys!

Last edited by Spudgun; 31 Dec 2002 at 01:05.
Old 31 Dec 2002, 01:47 (Ref:460639)   #19
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

keep practicing online is the best method as real people do not drive the same as the computer ones.
Old 31 Dec 2002, 06:55 (Ref:460729)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Spudgun
The provisional time will be 2-4pm
Sounds fine to me.
Old 1 Jan 2003, 19:54 (Ref:461652)   #21
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

If anyone is interested in racing just turn up and practice and race, all you need is to join the ten-tenths chat room.

see you all there and keep practicing, racing and keeping the car on track.
Old 2 Jan 2003, 08:15 (Ref:461868)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Can we know the name of the server to look out for on Sunday? (I guess it will be fairly obvious, but if we get into the chat room and everyone's already at the circuit...... ).
Old 2 Jan 2003, 12:52 (Ref:461982)   #23
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've changed my ID in VROC so the server should show up as being called Spudgun.

Failing that, the server comments will have Ten-Tenths mentioned in it.
Old 2 Jan 2003, 13:10 (Ref:461996)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Good stuff Spudgun, I definitely hope to be there.....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 2 Jan 2003 at 13:10.
Old 2 Jan 2003, 13:48 (Ref:462047)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I see there are two Spudguns on GPL Rank - did you know? I can see which is you (from your Rank), but do you know Shaun Middleton?