Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 18 Jan 2006, 17:15 (Ref:1503877)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sebring 'Wheels Down Winter Test' 23-25 January 2006

Is there a list of the teams/cars which will be present at the Sebring WDWT posted anywhere (or not..... )?
Old 18 Jan 2006, 17:35 (Ref:1503891)   #2
vs346
Racer

Greenland
vs346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AFAIK there is none posted anywhere. But the ALMS has said there will be between 13-15 teams present. Last year Corvette was not present, both because AM was there and they like to test in private usually. Don't know about this year, since the WDWT is getting a bit more mainstream.

2x Audi R10 **
2x Dyson Lola B6/10
1x Porsche RS Spyder (with all 6 factory drivers) **
2x Intersport
1x Highcroft Lola
1x AutoCon Lola

2x Corvette (maybe)

2x PTG M3 **
2x Team Lexus
2x Flying Lizard Porsche **
a few other Porsche teams
1x LNT Panoz **
1x Multimatic Panoz **

** denotes confirmed by ALMS
That's a total of 12 teams.
Old 18 Jan 2006, 17:46 (Ref:1503900)   #3
fc wrench
Rookie

fc wrench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
B-K Mazda will be there.
Old 18 Jan 2006, 17:48 (Ref:1503903)   #4
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the best that I can come up with so far:

LMP1
XX Highcroft Racing Lola B01/60 AER (Dayton)
16 Dyson Racing Lola B06/10 AER V8 (Weaver, Leitzinger, Wallace, Dyson, Smith)
XX Audi Sport Team Joest Audi R10 (Biela, Pirro, Capello)
XX Audi Sport Team Joest Audi R10 (Biela, Pirro, Capello)
**-will we see any other drivers from Audi at the test?

LMP2
7 Penske Motorsports Porsche 9R6 (Massen, Luhr, Collard, Bernhard, Dumas, Long)
8 B-K Motorsports Courage C65 ā€“ Mazda
37 Intersport Racing Lola B05/40 ā€“ AER (Field, Field, Halliday)

LMGT1
Nothing to report here (no plans by Corvette to be there either)

LMGT2
21 PTG Racing BMW M3 GT
22 PTG Racing BMW M3 GT
44 Flying Lizards Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (Pechnick, Neiman, Law)
45 Flying Lizards Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (Van Overbeek, Fogarty)
50 Multimatic Motorsports Panoz Esperante GTLM
81 Team LNT Panoz Eserante GTLM
I would expect AJR to be there, but no word yet

That is just 10 teams that have stated that they will be at the test while the ALMS say that they expect 13 to 15. I am guessing that McNish will be at the test for Audi. I don't think that this list leaves out anyone who said that they would be there. It looks like the Lexus cars are just not ready yet. Who else do you think might show? AJR, PWL, J3, Miracle?
Old 18 Jan 2006, 19:08 (Ref:1503945)   #5
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why do you doubt Audi's announcement on the drivers it will bring to the test?
Old 18 Jan 2006, 19:38 (Ref:1503960)   #6
yamato
Racer

I don't doubt that the three that they have listed will be at the test at all, I just think that they may have some others participate as well. Joest has traditionally used three drivers per car a Sebring. If you assume that TK is part of the plan, and that the three announced test participants (Biela, Pirro, Capello) are part of the plan, then that leaves two seats available for SB and LM. I speculate McNish (as he is planning on racing at Daytona the following weekend and was quoted as saying that he would be visiting the test session). I don't think that it would be out of the question for TK to be there as well. Who else will be in the R10 during the 2006 season?
Old 18 Jan 2006, 21:17 (Ref:1504018)   #7
vs346
Racer

Greenland
vs346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Yamato that just because Audi announced the 3 drivers, doesn't mean we won't see 2 or 3 more (whoever that might be).

And actually, I think it might be a smart move for all 6 to be there to get to grips with such a new car.
Old 18 Jan 2006, 22:07 (Ref:1504054)   #8
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, Alan McNish and Tom Kristensen were present at Laguna Seca, but they didn't race.

Maybe there is a past precedent that Iā€™m missing, but I imagine that Audi usually does what they say they will do. I admit there is a chance that another driver could show up, but there is a greater chance that only the three stated drivers will be there.
Old 18 Jan 2006, 22:35 (Ref:1504069)   #9
yamato
Racer

I don't remember how it was with Joest, but the only experience that I have with Winter testing is last year. At that test, there was no indication of who would be there prior (audi drivers that is), there had been a blanket announcment earlier that Audi would be providing Werner, Pirro, Biela for the R8 season; however, they had never specified teams, and there was even some speculation early on that Biela and/or Pirro might be involved with the Oreca entry (the thought being one factory driver per car). It was only when the showed up at the test, that fans were clued in that they would be in the #2 car, and only later that week (Tuesday maybe) that Champion and Audi made official, through a press release, what the season long tandems would be as well as the McNish/TK fill-ins for SB and LM.

There is just not much precedent to go on, but after TK, I would have to say McNish is the next most likely candidate to see time in the R10 during the 2006 racing season.
Old 18 Jan 2006, 22:52 (Ref:1504081)   #10
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for the lists guys!!

Have to say it's felt like a very short Winter this time. Just 9 weeks since the season ending LMES (powerboat) race in Istanbul!

Roll on Monday and the first public appearance of the R10's and the B06/10 on track. Can't wait!!