Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 24 Nov 2006, 20:37 (Ref:1774320)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rainbow Park

Rainbow Park

The clockwise Rainbow Park circuit offers 4 variations, They are:
The short 12 turn “YELLOW” circuit which measures 2.8 miles (4.48km),
The 15 turn “RED” extension of the short circuit at 3.3 miles (5.28km)
The 17 turn “BLUE” extension of the short circuit at 3.5 miles (5.6km)
The 20 turn GP circuit at 4miles (6.4km) uses both extensions.

There were proposals to link the two extensions to form a perimeter circuit though there were never acted upon.

The setting is rolling countryside with gradual climbs and slopes.

Comments and edits welcome as always.
Attached Thumbnails
Rainbow Park.jpg  
Old 24 Nov 2006, 21:40 (Ref:1774352)   #2
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both the Grand Prix Circuit and the Yellow one look like they would work well. That is different for the Red one, which turns to yellow at a chicane in the middle of a straight, and the Blue one, which I feel misses out on something by bypassing the red section.
In general, the only real criticism that I must mention is the final two corners, including the hairpin: if the straight leading up to the hairpin were longer, the section would also work well, but in the way it is now, the final section appears a little Mickey-Mousey, which is quite a contrast to the rest of the track.
Despite that, I like that facility.
Old 24 Nov 2006, 21:53 (Ref:1774357)   #3
formula1fan
Racer

England
China Clay Country, Cornwall
formula1fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow! That is a great track, however, next time, could you try and show all the layouts separately? It would make it a lot easier. Great track again, SBF.
Old 24 Nov 2006, 23:16 (Ref:1774398)   #4
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK here's the layouts as asked for by formula1fan. .... It might be a lot easier for you to follow, but its more work for me doing it

Yannick, had I more time when I posted the circuit, I would have explained that while the overall layout is rolling countryside, the long right hander (3rd last corner) was positively cambered to allow cars to follow each other closely, enabling a "pull out and overtake on the brakes" into the hairpin.
In my original plan I actually had the hairpin section at an angle to the mainstraight (the 3rd last corner wouldn't have been as long), but on drawing the circuit out, I didn't want to comprimise the scale of the rest of the circuit.
Attached Thumbnails
Rainbow Layout.jpg  
Old 26 Nov 2006, 11:43 (Ref:1775211)   #5
V8_TURBO
Veteran

MagnetON
Glasgow
V8_TURBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like all of the different variations. They flow quite well and are fast.