View Single Post
Old 5 Sep 2012, 21:07 (Ref:3131592)   #106
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Look for starters this was not my idea, I am not on any committee and knew nothing about it till a few days ago when I read about it here and on the club Facebook page but as I understand it, its aimed at the real budget end of the market more or less standard cars with limited suspension upgrades, standard engines or at standard least cams and blueprinted, and uprated brake pads and discs and thats it. They have already had enquires from guys who are sick of the spending runaway in some of the other 'similar' series thats been mentioned so who knows maybe there is a call for something like this, its sufficientaly different and you should be able to prepare a car for a grand or so if you were on a real budget, a sort of PBMBMW series but allowing a full range of cars that are worth Jack all on the road. Maybe with the current bdget constrains there is a need for something like this.