View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 2019, 13:12 (Ref:3928885)   #6635
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Honestly I have no idea, as I know nothing about how ACO/FIA actually set the BoP. I agree that it is most likely that there will be a lot of politics involved for this aspect. However I do not expect that a hybrid manufacture would allow themselves to be slower on a qualifying lap because of more advanced tech.
Other than odd political "turn of favor" to be served on occasion, I don't think they have any saying it. It is the price they pay for agreeing to run in modern BoP formula and getting more brands in. Aston Martin will have inferior tech but they will want "equal chance at everything" just as they do in GTE, and that means poles at Le Mans as well. And if Toyota has superior traffic capability that will have to be counter-compensated somehow, which will surely be in reduced overall power levels at circuit like Le Mans. Now, I don't think higher straight line speed on AMR is the only answer as the nonhybrid P1 privateers already have that against TS050 and it doesn't really affect anything. Maybe on chicane-less Mulsanne it would but not now...