View Single Post
Old 4 Nov 2022, 15:18 (Ref:4132627)   #3229
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
given that this is also a sporting endeavour, how much training and practice are the crews doing between races? i would imagine their time is already pretty limited.

for sure cost would be a factor, one that would still hurt the smaller budget teams more, but putting that aside, while multiple crews per team seems like the logical solution to more races, my concern would be that between subbing crew members in and out, A & B squads how frequently would we see a team's best crew at any given race?

removing a teams ability to always field their best crew might seem appealing (more mistakes more 'random' occurrences), i worry that combining this with more races would just lower the level of performance for every race. a greater dilution of sport if you will?

supposition: fewer races allows teams to put the best versions of themselves out there across those fewer events?

i dont know where the sweet spot is (personally for me its around 16-17) but surely its not 24+ either.

is anyone here, among us actual fans, looking forward to a longer calendar? i cant say i recall anyone ever supporting it?

I'm not looking forward to 25 races, especially if we get a repeat of this year, with the WDC already decided and there are races still to be run; they almost become an after thought. 17 races seems a bit short, I think 19 or 20 is about right.

Having too many races becomes overkill and think that is what will happen in the US. The novelty of having races in Miami and Vegas will wear off and the races will eventually drop off the calendar and then Liberty will be left scratching their heads looking around for the next cash cow.