View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2024, 12:58 (Ref:4204215)   #2236
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Yes. People were jumping up and down and shouting about the cost of flying a tub back to repair and then flying it back out again. The reality is that the cost of the flying it is not significant.

Of course each team has a damage budget, which can be challenged by turn of events. Some of the other things mentioned are nowhere near as fixed as your imagination might suggest either.
But your response was not to a post that talked about the airfreight. The post you responded to read 'Williams' budget being slowly eaten away with all this. It's what makes it worse when it comes to being able to make upgrades later on. Mostly because it's being spent on replacing basic parts.'

You claimed that:

Quote:
It really isn’t. Cost is tiny part of budget.
Which could mean that Williams' budget is not being eaten away, or that the cost of replacing basic parts is only a tiny part.

It was then your posts that focussed on airfreight, nobody else's:

Quote:
Lol, if their accounts show significant cost for freighting damaged tubs around they need some new admin and coordinators.
Quote:
The point was that airfreighting a monocoque is a tiny cost overall. Little more than the business class cost of a couple of team members.
Nobody else was focussing on airfreight. You then agreed with the original point being made about Williams' budget being eaten away.

I'm not sure who were the 'People [...] jumping up and down and shouting about the cost of flying a tub back to repair'