Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Apr 2024, 10:08 (Ref:4204046)   #2201
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Albon Chassis To Be Air Freighted To Grove for China

Sounds cheap…

For all the crap dumped on Mr Sargeant by every talkster with a microphone, it is the ‘reliable one’ that has hurt BOTH Williams chassis this year!!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 7 Apr 2024, 10:40 (Ref:4204049)   #2202
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Sounds cheap…

For all the crap dumped on Mr Sargeant by every talkster with a microphone, it is the ‘reliable one’ that has hurt BOTH Williams chassis this year!!

And it will be a further month, at Miami, that Vowles thinks that they will have the third chassis even though they had originally planned to actually start the season with three.
Old 7 Apr 2024, 10:51 (Ref:4204050)   #2203
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Sounds cheap…

I hate to say it but that one was down to Danny unfortunately. Looking left when he was moving out right.

I know he got a Please explain and an appointment with the Stewards after the race. It was very much a lap 1 type of contact but far from Albons fault other than being alongside.

I have not heard the outcome of the Stewards meeting as yet

Old 7 Apr 2024, 11:14 (Ref:4204052)   #2204
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Even if they had three chassis they’d still be shipping back for repair just the same. The danger is damage Friday or Saturday that they can’t carbon up locally.
Old 7 Apr 2024, 11:22 (Ref:4204053)   #2205
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I hate to say it but that one was down to Danny unfortunately. Looking left when he was moving out right.

I know he got a Please explain and an appointment with the Stewards after the race. It was very much a lap 1 type of contact but far from Albons fault other than being alongside.

I have not heard the outcome of the Stewards meeting as yet

Stewards deem it to be a lap one incident, and no further action; as you say, Ricciardo was looking to avoid a car on one side, didn't realise Albon was alongside on the other. Albon tried to brake sufficiently to avoid collision but was unsuccessful.
Old 7 Apr 2024, 13:24 (Ref:4204061)   #2206
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That chomping sound you hear, in the background, is Williams' budget being slowly eaten away with all this. It's what makes it worse when it comes to being able to make upgrades later on. Mostly because it's being spent on replacing basic parts.
Old 7 Apr 2024, 15:00 (Ref:4204076)   #2207
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
That chomping sound you hear, in the background, is Williams' budget being slowly eaten away with all this. It's what makes it worse when it comes to being able to make upgrades later on. Mostly because it's being spent on replacing basic parts.
... and airfreight bills.
Old 7 Apr 2024, 19:42 (Ref:4204102)   #2208
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
It really isn’t. Cost is tiny part of budget.
Old 7 Apr 2024, 20:03 (Ref:4204104)   #2209
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Never mind, Albon fancies another stab at RBR egged on by much of the F1 media, who apparently have been watching some different F1 seasons to the rest of us.

Sent from my SM-T736B using Tapatalk
Old 7 Apr 2024, 20:03 (Ref:4204105)   #2210
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
It really isn’t. Cost is tiny part of budget.
Toro Rosso's (at the time) published accounts from 2020 would suggest otherwise.

NB - Of the teams on the grid, TR's registration in Italy means that a higher level of fidelity is required in the published accounts compared to any other team.
Old 7 Apr 2024, 21:28 (Ref:4204113)   #2211
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Never mind, Albon fancies another stab at RBR egged on by much of the F1 media, who apparently have been watching some different F1 seasons to the rest of us.

Sent from my SM-T736B using Tapatalk
It is difficult to see the talent when the car is in the wall..
Old 7 Apr 2024, 21:55 (Ref:4204114)   #2212
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Toro Rosso's (at the time) published accounts from 2020 would suggest otherwise.
Lol, if their accounts show significant cost for freighting damaged tubs around they need some new admin and coordinators.
Old 7 Apr 2024, 22:34 (Ref:4204115)   #2213
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

NB - Of the teams on the grid, TR's registration in Italy means that a higher level of fidelity is required in the published accounts compared to any other team.
Impressive stat considering Toro Rosso wasn't an F1 team in 2020.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 00:09 (Ref:4204118)   #2214
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No, just that the drivers need to stop smashing into things. This is not NASCAR!
Old 8 Apr 2024, 00:14 (Ref:4204120)   #2215
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Lol, if their accounts show significant cost for freighting damaged tubs around they need some new admin and coordinators.
Pathetic attempt there. If they didn't the cost wouldn't be shown but you could estimate the number based on the other costs and oh yeah, it's still using up money for a firm who couldn't figure out they were spending more for a worse gearbox for years
Old 8 Apr 2024, 00:41 (Ref:4204122)   #2216
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
It's things like this that keep them and Alpine, Sauber and HAAS right where they are. Bad management of the team, drivers and resources is why they put forth such results. It's also why they would be most wary of an entry by the Andretti family, as they would show just how a racing organization can be that focused on sport, instead of finance or attention.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 00:48 (Ref:4204128)   #2217
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, brining Andretti in to the conversation is NOT gonna go the way you were hoping. You do realize McLaren has caught and crushed them and Ganassi and Penske were already miles ahead, Andretti hasn't won a title since 2012 and has 9 wins with the drivers currently signed in their cars. And their chosen one is approaching 2 years since a win
Old 8 Apr 2024, 01:20 (Ref:4204135)   #2218
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr Vowles is on a hiding to nothing here
Heavy is the crown of the leader

I some how suspect the budget is the reason the work is yet to commence on the 3rd tub.

I was wondering if Williams could crash test their ‘23 car, and run it for Mr Sargeant, as there is a second tub, amd some spare wings & things, given the regulations dont seem to have substantially changed..
Old 8 Apr 2024, 02:52 (Ref:4204140)   #2219
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Mr Vowles is on a hiding to nothing here
Heavy is the crown of the leader

I some how suspect the budget is the reason the work is yet to commence on the 3rd tub.

I was wondering if Williams could crash test their ‘23 car, and run it for Mr Sargeant, as there is a second tub, amd some spare wings & things, given the regulations dont seem to have substantially changed..
Maybe they can think outside the box and do a Super Aguri and just rejig that 2002 Arrows again?

If Aguri san and co can do it, anyone can!
Old 8 Apr 2024, 05:37 (Ref:4204149)   #2220
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Impressive stat considering Toro Rosso wasn't an F1 team in 2020.
They were published in 2020, they were from the 2018 season.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 06:09 (Ref:4204152)   #2221
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Pathetic attempt there. If they didn't the cost wouldn't be shown but you could estimate the number based on the other costs and oh yeah, it's still using up money for a firm who couldn't figure out they were spending more for a worse gearbox for years
Lol. Missing the point as ever.

The point was that airfreighting a monocoque is a tiny cost overall. Little more than the business class cost of a couple of team members.

Also, even if they had a spare tub they’d still be expressing a damaged one back. This is another one of those things where the fans get outraged by a behavour that is actually totally commonplace.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 06:35 (Ref:4204153)   #2222
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
The point was that airfreighting a monocoque is a tiny cost overall. Little more than the business class cost of a couple of team members.
The original point was about more than just the airfreight costs. It was also the materials and time spent on carrying out the repairs.

The TR accounts give an indication of material, labour, airfreight and repair costs from the 2018 season - from which it is clear that the overall cost of dealing with the damages experienced so far is more than 'tiny'.

By focussing on the airfreight alone, the bigger picture is lost.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 07:39 (Ref:4204160)   #2223
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
It's things like this that keep them and Alpine, Sauber and HAAS right where they are. Bad management of the team, drivers and resources is why they put forth such results. It's also why they would be most wary of an entry by the Andretti family, as they would show just how a racing organization can be that focused on sport, instead of finance or attention.

As much as I admire Mario's driving record and the way Michael has built an empire of racing teams,it isn't quite the same as building and designing two cars that receive a constant stream of updates.I don't suppose the coat of air-freighting 40Kg of chassis to the UK and back to Asia will equal the cost of the hours of labour needed to repair it.It will inevitably cause delays in the completion of the third chassis and probably impact the production of any updated parts that were in the pipeline.

The only saving grace might be if those parts were shown to be less of a performance factor than anything that has seen the wind tunnel since they were originally signed off for production and which could now supersede them,thus saving the cost of a generation of parts.

I don't doubt that Williams senior management will be studying manufacturing techniques to see if they might be able to streamline processes.The references to what other teams were doing a year or two ago may not be state of the art any longer,so perhaps leapfrogging them would be the best course to follow.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 07:54 (Ref:4204163)   #2224
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
The original point was about more than just the airfreight costs. It was also the materials and time spent on carrying out the repairs.

The TR accounts give an indication of material, labour, airfreight and repair costs from the 2018 season - from which it is clear that the overall cost of dealing with the damages experienced so far is more than 'tiny'.

By focussing on the airfreight alone, the bigger picture is lost.
Sorry, you’re continuing to completely miss the point.

Repairs, and carriage of parts, is a normal occurrence. It’s a standard part of the budget, with an allocated portion of budget. Just like tyres, fuel, staff, teabags, anything else.

By focussing on Williams freighting tubs, the bigger picture is lost.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 10:50 (Ref:4204195)   #2225
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
'Why Williams will be worried about Albon's Suzuka shunt – and what it could mean for the rest of the season'

'All teams operate under a budget cap, so a three-crash damage bill will have an impact on upgrades Williams are able to bring for the rest of the season, both in terms of volume and speed of delivery.

Vowles said: “I think take any team, to have three major accidents where you’ve pretty much taken out all equipment on the car is enormous.

“Taking that across a season, you can deal with it, taking it across just a few races is difficult. The impact of it will be what you expect.

“We’re making spares as quickly as possible in the background, but ultimately performance will have an impact on it, we can’t bring as many updates [later in the year].”'