Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 3 Aug 2006, 09:52 (Ref:1671936)   #1
Tim Draffan
Racer

Tim Draffan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Help & advice regarding data loger

I am after advice on data logging, I race a FF1600 in the MS championship, last year I was lapping consistantly in the low 50s and in the last couple of races droppd into the high 49s, during the winter I lightened the car down to the wieght limit and obviously had the engine rebuilt, I was expecting to be on or below the pace I was last year.

First race of the season I was involved in an accident which damaged the rear of the car and took a couple of races to sort out the set up/handling but since then I am off the pace and realy strugle to get down to low 51s even on new tyres and perfect track conditions.

What I am looking for is an inexpensive data logger which is easy to fit, simple to understand and reliable either new or s/h, can anyone recomended one and have they used it to good effect to help show a set up problem or drivers mind problem?

I dont have any time to test this year and run on the proverbial shoe string
so it needs to be simple to set up and not cost a packet.
Old 3 Aug 2006, 21:08 (Ref:1672557)   #2
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Tim,
I have used a race technology system DL1 or DL90 (sorry cannot remeber which one) which was very impressive - I think they cost about £500 but unless you are very computer literate they really do take a bit of playing with to get the most out of.
The other thing you need to consider is that you really need some comparative data eg from a faster driver to see where you can improve.
Hope this is of some help
Old 18 Aug 2006, 16:24 (Ref:1686113)   #3
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PI System 2 second hand systems around for between £600 - £1,000 depending on number of sensors and bargining power!

Does everything you need with A1 factory back up.

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 19 Aug 2006, 11:29 (Ref:1686583)   #4
gearboxman
Rookie

gearboxman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Draffan
I am after advice on data logging, I race a FF1600 in the MS championship, last year I was lapping consistantly in the low 50s and in the last couple of races droppd into the high 49s, during the winter I lightened the car down to the wieght limit and obviously had the engine rebuilt, I was expecting to be on or below the pace I was last year.

First race of the season I was involved in an accident which damaged the rear of the car and took a couple of races to sort out the set up/handling but since then I am off the pace and realy strugle to get down to low 51s even on new tyres and perfect track conditions.

What I am looking for is an inexpensive data logger which is easy to fit, simple to understand and reliable either new or s/h, can anyone recomended one and have they used it to good effect to help show a set up problem or drivers mind problem?

I dont have any time to test this year and run on the proverbial shoe string
so it needs to be simple to set up and not cost a packet.
I've got a fair bit of experience of FF cars Tim, and I'm only up the road from you. If you want a chat, I can probably offer some pointers to help get you back on the pace.