Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 2 Nov 2002, 09:13 (Ref:420025)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Fernandez Racing Commits

Adrian has committed the #51 car to CART for the next two seasons! Not necessarily surprising, but great news nonetheless.

Adrian: "We're working on the second car, but this is what we have right now. This is basically a confirmation that we were staying here. There have been a lot of rumours. Coming up to the Mexico City race, I think it's important to show our fans in Mexico that we're really staying here. Obviously, CART is facing some tough times, and I'm willing to work through the problems we're dealing with. I believe in this product. In these tough times ahead of us we just have to believe in what we're doing. Pretty soon people will forget about what happened. The main thing is to make sure that we have a consistent plan for the future and start building some new drivers. When Dario came here, and a lot of these young drivers, nobody knew about them. They built their names in CART and that's the plan, trying to build them and take CART to where it was when I came here."

Had to chuckle when Adrian was being interviewed by the Speed guys on Friday. "Don't stand too close to me! Something might fall on you!"

And Pook insists there will be 18-22 cars next year. He said at Fontana on Friday that two new teams will be announced in the next few weeks. He added that many current teams will return but cannot make announcements until after Mexico due to sponsor obligations.
Old 2 Nov 2002, 09:36 (Ref:420030)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Fernandez Racing Commits

Quote:
Originally posted by macdaddy
"Obviously, CART is facing some tough times, and I'm willing to work through the problems we're dealing with. I believe in this product. In these tough times ahead of us we just have to believe in what we're doing. Pretty soon people will forget about what happened."
Here, here Adrian!

Shows the integrity of the man - is willing to stand by the series, even though it's facing tough times, unlike certain other teams and drivers who have prostituted themselves, not for the benefit of fans, but for the money.
Old 2 Nov 2002, 12:33 (Ref:420130)   #3
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adrian goes up another notch in the list of "liked drivers"...
Old 2 Nov 2002, 13:15 (Ref:420142)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He told me this when I interviewed him in Montreal. He's obviously passionate about CART and loyal to Pook. We need more drivers to speak out like he and PT do, to counter all the deserters' whining that CART is dead.

Good for Adrian and he is on my list of Drivers To Support 100%.

Who do you fancy for his second car? Max, or Luis Garcia?
Old 2 Nov 2002, 13:45 (Ref:420160)   #5
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Roberto!!!
Old 2 Nov 2002, 14:05 (Ref:420177)   #6
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mad Max or Moreno...
Old 2 Nov 2002, 14:18 (Ref:420190)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see Moreno get another kick at the can, but I'm betting on Max unless the Mexican sponsors insist on a Mexican driver.
Old 2 Nov 2002, 17:36 (Ref:420265)   #8
Dave S
Racer

Dave S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd think Max as well. He has the history & would like to see him back in the series.
Old 2 Nov 2002, 17:45 (Ref:420273)   #9
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good for Adrian...I just wish the announcement had come a few races earlier.

I'm more interested to hear who the new guys will be next year. As for the current bunch, I don't thinkt there'll be anymore deserters.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes