Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 4 Mar 2013, 03:18 (Ref:3213909)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
NASCAR Cup Round 2: Phoenix

Bit late, but not much passing going on - Denny Hamlin summed it up in his post race interiew...

STANDINGS (after 2 of 36)

Jimmie Johnson - 90
Dale Earnhardt Jnr - 82
Brad Keselowski - 82
Clint Bowyer - 72
Denny Hamlin - 72
Greg Biffle - 66
Mark Martin - 65
Aric Almirola - 60
Jeff Gordon - 60
Ricky Stenhouse Jnr - 60
Carl Edwards - 59
Marcos Ambrose - 52
Old 4 Mar 2013, 03:25 (Ref:3213910)   #2
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Bit late, but not much passing going on - Denny Hamlin summed it up in his post race interiew...
Don't know what he said but one helluva move at the end of the race for Denny. Someone feel free to start race threads in the future...I think I am looking to retire from it. Wish we hadn't run DanicaFan off for this purpose alone.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 07:12 (Ref:3213944)   #3
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was a great move for sure, dont know why we didnt see more of it - will try & find a you tube link of move/interiew...
Old 4 Mar 2013, 08:39 (Ref:3213976)   #4
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wondered where DanicaFan had gone to. What did you do to upset him?

I'm making a concerted effort to follow this season (Could be a big mistake given the Gen-6 cars performance so far...) so I might post the race threads if no-one else bothers.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 10:58 (Ref:3214030)   #5
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I knew Edwards had it in the bag. Johnson was strong. Hamlin and mad Brad dazzled.

It was a slog of a race overall.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 17:50 (Ref:3214158)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
I wondered where DanicaFan had gone to. What did you do to upset him?
I think it was our general rapport with him and distaste we all had for his starting unnecessary threads about Danica blowing wind. Dude did a helluva job with race threads, though. I was able to take the good over the annoying.

Quote:
I'm making a concerted effort to follow this season (Could be a big mistake given the Gen-6 cars performance so far...) so I might post the race threads if no-one else bothers.
Have at it!
Old 4 Mar 2013, 21:55 (Ref:3214254)   #7
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I think it was our general rapport with him and distaste we all had for his starting unnecessary threads about Danica blowing wind. Dude did a helluva job with race threads, though. I was able to take the good over the annoying.
More creepy than annoying.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 23:11 (Ref:3214277)   #8
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do wonder if Danicafan's real name was actually Darrell Waltripp. She seems to have replaced Jnr as his driver-who-can-do-no-wrong.
Old 5 Mar 2013, 07:58 (Ref:3214402)   #9
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
The Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I noticed during the race was the return of the dreaded aero-push, which is the loss of frontal downforce on trailing cars caused by turbulent air from the leading car. This often results in less passing, and bigger gaps between cars.

My solution to this has always been the obvious: reduce the rear spoiler. This would result in less turbulence, as well as a better overall front/rear balance on the cars in traffic. What surprised me was that Dale Jr said the same thing in his post-race interview... and for years I have questioned that boy's intellect.
Old 5 Mar 2013, 09:33 (Ref:3214429)   #10
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Instag8or View Post
What I noticed during the race was the return of the dreaded aero-push, which is the loss of frontal downforce on trailing cars caused by turbulent air from the leading car. This often results in less passing, and bigger gaps between cars.

My solution to this has always been the obvious: reduce the rear spoiler. This would result in less turbulence, as well as a better overall front/rear balance on the cars in traffic. What surprised me was that Dale Jr said the same thing in his post-race interview... and for years I have questioned that boy's intellect.
The wake does appear to have increased on the speedways; Gordon had some debris on the front of his car, got vaguely near Nemechek in front and it fell off! It wasn't that long ago you had to basically rub up against the car you were following for that to happen...

Interestingly NASCAR have removed the camera dome from the car because it provides downforce to the leader but not those in traffic! If they wanted something aero-neutral surely something like a F1 T-bar camera would be best?
Old 5 Mar 2013, 13:17 (Ref:3214533)   #11
mrfizz
Rookie

England
West Bromwich
mrfizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What i don't get about Phoenix is how you are allowed to take a short cut! I know that it compromises you're entry into Turn 3 but you see plenty of passes because people basically missed out the elbow. It also causes wrecks, i.e. in the Nationwide race one of my guys Joe Nemechek was taken out by a certain Brazilian (who has been known to crash on demand) who cut the corner and then couldn't get wowed up in time.

I just don't geddit.
Old 5 Mar 2013, 23:11 (Ref:3214802)   #12
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps we can just have one season long race thread instead. That could be an idea in case someone doesn't step up per weekend.