Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Sep 2004, 02:06 (Ref:1094604)   #1
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf's Return ??

What's the latest on Ralf's return?.

There are statements in the German press about being "hopeful" about returning to racing in Shangai.

Will he be testing at Silverstone?

It may all depend on whether his physicians and insurance people tell him.

I think it would be better for him to bypass the whole season and start testing for Toyota once he's recovered beyond all doubt. IMHO there's little to gain and much to lose by rushing to the car. It's not like the BMW-Williams team is contention for the WC ......
Old 13 Sep 2004, 06:21 (Ref:1094702)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
dunno and dont really care , GO PIZZONIA
Old 13 Sep 2004, 07:03 (Ref:1094724)   #3
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Ralf who???
Old 13 Sep 2004, 09:24 (Ref:1094858)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ralf's 12 week recuperation (as dictated by insurance) ended yesterday.

He's already passed all the medical checks - and all things being equal he'll be at Silverstone this week and racing in China.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 10:27 (Ref:1094911)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I should think he'll be back for China, Japan and Malaysia. Even though he's unlikely to be as quick as Montoya straight away, he's bound to help the team with setups.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 10:31 (Ref:1094919)   #6
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Firman?
Why would anyone want HIM back? :confused:
Old 13 Sep 2004, 12:12 (Ref:1095068)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man
Firman?
Why would anyone want HIM back? :confused:

Doesn't work in this thread as, for once, everyone's spelling of Mr Schumacher's name is correct!
Old 13 Sep 2004, 12:43 (Ref:1095109)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Ralf will be back in the Williams at Silverstone tomorrow according to a Reuters report of this morning.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 08:12 (Ref:1095997)   #9
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
crazy really , what is the point , he's off to toyota next year I say just let him go early so he can get that position filled and sorted and maybe some early testing and leave Pizzonia in the Williams to try and persued someone to hire him for next year.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 09:43 (Ref:1096076)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by marcus
crazy really , what is the point , he's off to toyota next year I say just let him go early so he can get that position filled and sorted and maybe some early testing and leave Pizzonia in the Williams to try and persued someone to hire him for next year.
Why would WIlliams want to give an advantage to Toyota next year? It's not ivcievabel taht tehy could be racing against each other, for individual results if not the whole season. Also, Williams' recent decline is partly down to the loss of Ralf's testing data. And why would they want someone else to hire Pizzonia, considering that they need him as (possibly Friday) tester.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 10:21 (Ref:1096125)   #11
Kicking-back
Veteran

Ralf is Williams contracted race driver.

He was injured so wasn't racing.

He's now fit and coming back.

Where he's driving next year is irrelevant in that situation.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 10:23 (Ref:1096130)   #12
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Ralfs back will 'surpringly' flair up next week and he'll conviently sit out the rest of the season.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 10:38 (Ref:1096142)   #13
T0MAT01
Veteran

England
Focknowles Weir
T0MAT01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's already missed Monza for two years running, so he'll want to be in on the China debut to be on a level footing for next year.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 12:29 (Ref:1096259)   #14
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's better for everyone if he returns, as long as he's fit. Wlliams need results and Ralf needs racing practice and (as cleverly observed by Tomato) experience of the new Shanghai track.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 13:31 (Ref:1096330)   #15
Kicking-back
Veteran

He has been testing in the wet at Silverstone this morning, so it's looking promising.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 15:13 (Ref:1096393)   #16
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
FW has said that if he is fit he will be back in China...
Old 14 Sep 2004, 17:51 (Ref:1096515)   #17
T0MAT01
Veteran

England
Focknowles Weir
T0MAT01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crash.net reports that Ralf was over a second faster than everyone else today at Silverstone!

http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view...id=1&nid=99441
Old 14 Sep 2004, 18:00 (Ref:1096529)   #18
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Impressive pace after 3 months out.... ofcourse we dont know what set-ups and fuel loads were being run...

but still good to see hes doing maximum lap times straight away...
Old 15 Sep 2004, 04:07 (Ref:1096941)   #19
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
I'd still prefer Pizzonia , but thats just my opinion
Old 15 Sep 2004, 04:42 (Ref:1096951)   #20
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Remember MS coming back from his injury? He played with the field and humiliated the opposition by his tactical driving to help Eddie..

it seems like the fire and desire burns brightly after drivers who had a long break gets back behind the wheels..extra motivation to perform maybe.