Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:42 (Ref:929647)   #1
M Coupe
Racer

M Coupe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf's Race

To quote Head

"a Bloody Mess".

Interesting to hear that he apparantly said on the radio that he hit Fisi as well. 10 places less for Ralf in San Marino perhaps?

Was this the usual Ralf disaster when he isn't doing well?

Can't Imagine why Toyota would be interested for next year.

Last edited by M Coupe; 4 Apr 2004 at 13:43.

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:44 (Ref:929649)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Willi Weber must be a genius if he can continue to get these megabucks deals for Ralf.

Williams would be better paying Gene and AN Other half a million a year each and putting the rest into the car.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:45 (Ref:929654)   #3
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIRE HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

The man just can't stand being around other cars, which makes it somewhat difficult when your a race car driver!

Danica Patrick
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:45 (Ref:929655)   #4
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf does not excel in the pack but put him at the front and he does.

Sounds like he messed things up again today though.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:45 (Ref:929656)   #5
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There isn't really much to defend Ralf this time... The commentator was saying how Ralf lack the grace to race in a decent manner...Left Sato NO room, and insisted to push Fisi into a spin..

I have a feeling that the 2 incidents are sufficient to put him 10 place back next race... Ralf certainly shows he now DARES to race and overtake...but not Good enough to do it properly.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:45 (Ref:929657)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Truly awful for Rafe today, and i know that its the way the dice fall in F1, but a shame that he got a point or 2 when his team-mate, through no fault of his own, lost a podium
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:45 (Ref:929658)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Disaster is a bit strong really.

Catastrophic would be better!

I've backed him for a few years now but he really isn't doing anything for Team Willy at the moment. Strange that whilst he is doing really badly, his team mate, who is definitely leaving, is putting on the best performances I've seen.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:47 (Ref:929661)   #8
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
and to top it all off he comes into the pits thinking he has a suspension broken without testing it out first....
waste of a good 5-6 secs that could have meant hed be closer to alonso and sato near the end...
moment of utter brain blockage!!!
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:49 (Ref:929666)   #9
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well if he can raise $100million then he could probably buy that toyota drive
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:50 (Ref:929667)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Erratic performances, yes.

I don't know why anyone would want to sign him.

It's certainly not for his good attitude and positive motivation of the team either.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:55 (Ref:929682)   #11
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm wondering what he's going to say for himself now.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:57 (Ref:929691)   #12
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would anyone be surprised to see Gene in the car for the next race?

Scott Dixon must be thrilled to see what a mess Ralf has made of this season...

Danica Patrick
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:58 (Ref:929695)   #13
M Coupe
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by dcp2685
I'm wondering what he's going to say for himself now.
That could be an interesting interview.

Obviously it will be all Sato's fault for daring to try and overtake him, and Fisi really should have moved over straight away,

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 4 Apr 2004, 14:01 (Ref:929700)   #14
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
His incident with Sato was clearly his fault. Did he actually think Sato could avoid him? I am not at all surprised. He has always been the same. I remember him causing a crazy crash back in his Jordan days...I guess he will never learn. I wish you luck Toyota, you guys will need it.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 14:03 (Ref:929703)   #15
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

Heebeegeetee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidStHubbins

I see. He needs to be 'put' at the front. In which case, he's in the wrong sport, and no disrespect sir, but you're following the wrong sport if you think that's how it works.
Ralf is awful, and I want to see him stopped from spoiling other drivers races as well as our own enjoyment. Look how he ruined the enjoyment of the last GP for both us and Mark Webber.

For the mistakes he's made in this race - Sato, Fisi, his own pit crew etc. - he should be docked 30 places which means he rejoins towards the back of the grid at Monaco, I reckon.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 14:04 (Ref:929705)   #16
dcp2685
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by F1Pete
His incident with Sato was clearly his fault. Did he actually think Sato could avoid him? I am not at all surprised. He has always been the same. I remember him causing a crazy crash back in his Jordan days...I guess he will never learn. I wish you luck Toyota, you guys will need it.
Is Ralf the reason Fisi spun? Missed that part....but did notice that he lost a couple places....good to see him beat Massa finally.

Oh and is JV learning to ride motorcycles? It's bimmer. Beemers are motorcycles.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 14:06 (Ref:929711)   #17
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Reject of the race without a doubt. He made a ridiculous mvoe on Sato, completely graceless and shoddy, epsecially compared to Taku's later move on DC. He rudely nudged Fisichella out of the way, probably costing Sauber a point, and generally didn't look fast even when in clear air. Hopefully this will be the last season that we have to put up with him at the front of the pack. Being great in clear air but embarassing when surrounded by other cars really isn't good enough.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 14:09 (Ref:929714)   #18
dcp2685
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
Reject of the race without a doubt. He made a ridiculous mvoe on Sato, completely graceless and shoddy, epsecially compared to Taku's later move on DC. He rudely nudged Fisichella out of the way, probably costing Sauber a point, and generally didn't look fast even when in clear air. Hopefully this will be the last season that we have to put up with him at the front of the pack. Being great in clear air but embarassing when surrounded by other cars really isn't good enough.
But Boots....he's not at the front of the pack.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 14:13 (Ref:929727)   #19
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

I'm reminded that at a question and answer session at the Autosport show, someone else said"when he's at the front"...or "when he's on form" etc. The journo fielding the session recalled that yes, Ralf had won two races back to back last year. He followed that up with 5 points in 8 races and no mechanical problems. In a car that was a potential championship winner, in my view.

I don't see that he has anything further at all to offer F1, and I gladly welcome his early removal from the sport. From todays showing, he's barely competent enough to remain.

Don't forget, relatively speaking, todays F1 car is very easy to drive, compared with whats been before. That's why so many youngsters can come in and do well so quickly. Before, you'd have to spend a quiet couple of years in apprenticeship, like MS did.

Ralf's continueing performance almost beggars belief.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 14:15 (Ref:929728)   #20
M Coupe
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by dcp2685
Is Ralf the reason Fisi spun? Missed that part....but did notice that he lost a couple places....good to see him beat Massa finally.
ITV pit crew said that Ralf radioed into the pits to say he hit Fisi but thought there was no damage to his car.

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 4 Apr 2004, 14:36 (Ref:929768)   #21
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Heebeegeetee
I see. He needs to be 'put' at the front. In which case, he's in the wrong sport, and no disrespect sir, but you're following the wrong sport if you think that's how it works.
Actually the guy you were replying to never said that "Ralf needs to be put at the front". He said "IF Ralf was at the front".
Old 4 Apr 2004, 15:44 (Ref:929827)   #22
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
After the Monty exchange it makes you wonder whether he is just seeing 'red' when anyone seeks to challenge him in a corner.

I don't think the stewards will give him much grace especially after the 'I'll force Monty off next time' comment.

Cool down mate!
Old 4 Apr 2004, 15:55 (Ref:929843)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To put Ralfs performances into perspective....

He is driving the second best car on the grid (arguably) and for one half of last season the best car bar none.

His last podium was on July 6th 2003 in the French GP.

9 months without a podium in a car that has always been one of the two fastest.

In that same period, including the French GP, he has scored 22 points up to and including Bahrain.

That's 22 points from a possible hundred by the way. With one mechanical failure and a mysterious headache.

And he still has an outside chance of staying at Williams?

I think not.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 15:57 (Ref:929846)   #24
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidStHubbins

Eh?
Old 4 Apr 2004, 16:00 (Ref:929847)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And how often is he up front, Mr StHubbins?