Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 21 Aug 2000, 21:53 (Ref:31953)   #1
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought that the Michigan race yesterday was one of the best of the season. Passing, some good battles for the lead. Certinally better than any race at Michigan for the last couple of years. Hopefully, the rest of the season's races wil be this exciting. Any comments?
Old 22 Aug 2000, 00:09 (Ref:31984)   #2
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was really good up until lap 85 or so, then it did simmer down a bit(but I guess that happens every race), and then the late cuations ensured some late action. Surprising how many yellows they were, no doubt they helped keep the field together so we could see some racing. A nice surprise and ray of hope was what this race was
Old 22 Aug 2000, 02:45 (Ref:32021)   #3
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
michigan is one of the best tracks in the US. remember the CART race, 60 or 70 lead changes...thats what the fans want!
Old 22 Aug 2000, 04:34 (Ref:32035)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What happened to Mr Stewart? (for the sake of someone who didnt see the race..)
Old 22 Aug 2000, 07:00 (Ref:32053)   #5
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Michigan was a pretty decent race until the end when Rusty Wallace checked out form everyone. The thing I like about Michigan is that it allows several diferents lines going into the corners. The battle 5-10th in the closing laps was interesting.

Crash, Stewart got loose and spun into Gordon causing him significant damage. After Gordon and Stewart's incident at Watkins Glen, where Gordon promised retaliation in the future, everyone immediately suspected something controversial in this accident but it was just a matter of Stewart making a mistake and Gordon being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Old 22 Aug 2000, 16:28 (Ref:32144)   #6
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Fan
The thing I like about Michigan is that it allows several diferents lines going into the corners. The battle 5-10th in the closing laps was interesting.

Right you are, JF. The lines at MIS are so variable that it's like the cars are running on different tracks simultaneously. I would have liked to see Mark Martin finish in the lead of that 5-10 pack but it was exciting nonetheless.
Old 22 Aug 2000, 19:40 (Ref:32163)   #7
Jared
Racer

Jared should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great race. Unfortunately, Rusty Wallace kinda ran away at the end. I'm surprised I haven't heard any complaining from Chevrolet teams. The Fords and Pontiacs really dominated the event. Though, the Chevy of Dale Jr. did take the pole (191 mph. WOW).

I think the press was trying to make something of the Gordon/Stewart accident. It was "just a racing deal." I'm just happy that the wreck didn't take out both Earnhardts. They certainly came close.

I'm also happy for Johnny Benson's team. It's about time they landed a sponsor who's going to give them the money they need. I'm just a little leery about the sponsor owning part of the team. As is the case in F1 right now: What happens when the sponsor (F1: the manufacturer) pulls out of racing? Although, Valvoline has been in NASCAR for many years, so it's not likely they would drop the program.