Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 May 2002, 10:18 (Ref:291251)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
LM Classes, Fuel and tyre stops

So how do the five classes compare? Here they are listed with the fastest time in that class

LMP900 3:30.296
LMGTP 3:34.556
LM675 3:33.414
LMGTS 3:52.070
LMGT 4:10.081

The first three could potentially be battling for overall honours this year (if the ACO have got there sums right!).

Does anyone have any idea how many laps each will have to make between stops! I have last years comprehensive results list and the data is there, but unfortunately there is at my parents! I will retrieve this next time I visit. However, if I know you lot (which I don't! ) then this information will not only be to hand, but also lodged in those sportscar brains.

The LM675 cars should be able to go longer because they are more fuel efficient. The MG went very quick, but did it close enough to the Audis to challenge?

The Bentley should be similar to the Audi in terms of the number of stops it has to do, but will it have to change tyres more often (it has narrower tyres and could well use them more). It is also quite a bit slower.

How much will last years race be a guide? How much has changed.

So what we need to know:

How many laps between stops?
How often will the tyres need to be changed?
How many stints will each driver do?
How relevant are the times in comparing the cars performance?