Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 7 Jul 2001, 00:06 (Ref:113929)   #1
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you could have any circuit...........

If you could move any one circuit to great Britain , which would you choose? I reckon sepang and Le Mans are good but it would have to be Indianapolis as it is famous around the world and produces great racing!
Old 7 Jul 2001, 08:58 (Ref:114006)   #2
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Either Le Mans, or the A-1 Ring (don't ask me why!)
Old 7 Jul 2001, 10:37 (Ref:114032)   #3
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Err.....Queensland Raceway.

The Poms sent us their dregs for nearly a hundred years. Craig and Vader seem to think they're still doing it.
Old 7 Jul 2001, 19:01 (Ref:114141)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Yep, and they mutated in Danielsun...

I'd take Bathurst, Le Mans, Indy, Daytona, Spa, and just about any 'proper' track...
Old 7 Jul 2001, 19:46 (Ref:114158)   #5
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
I'd take Cadwell Park...

...And a few Earth movers...

...And make it a great circuit
Old 7 Jul 2001, 19:49 (Ref:114160)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Erm, Chris mate, it's already in England, and it's already a great circuit...! A little better access would be nice, but that's all part of the fun!
Old 7 Jul 2001, 22:19 (Ref:114231)   #7
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I do wish that the BMRC would upgrade cadwell Park. I live locally and am a big car fan so I want to see touring and Gt racing but all we get is club racing and once a year the BSB. I want car racing and unless the circuit gets upgraded , then taht won't happen. We shouldn't spend so much money on upgrading the best circuits like Silverstone because they need it less.
Old 8 Jul 2001, 08:31 (Ref:114317)   #8
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You won't be geting an upgraded Cadwell Park, ever (Octagen owned & in the middle of absolutley nowhere). That's something I can guarantee..

What's so wrong with the race days they have there anyway?? Most of the major club series seem to go, and we had plenty of action last weekend - plus a GT race!

If there's one circuit I'd have near me, it'd be Cadwell.

Otherwise, bringing one from abroad - Laguna Seca or Bathurst. Le Mans can stay just where it is, perfectly placed.
Old 8 Jul 2001, 11:37 (Ref:114348)   #9
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa or the A1-Ring.

Whilst we're at it, can we please send Sepang, Indianapolis and Barrrrthelona to Antarctica.

Old 8 Jul 2001, 12:59 (Ref:114381)   #10
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Okay, so I didn't read the question properly

In that case, it would have to be Spa. Now, where would I put it? I might have to remove a chunk of Birmingham to fit it in. Will anyone notice?

And I have to agree with Dan, there's nothing wrong with Cadwell's races.. So what if they don't have the touring cars - they do get the classic saloons, they've had the Super Coupes (including the '99 Vectra Challenge cars), and they get the Sports Saloons too - all with big cars!