Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Dec 2004, 11:39 (Ref:1180966)   #51
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Even if hosting a Grand Prix cost just £1 million, if a circuit could get a crowd of 100 000 to pay £500 a ticket each, they would charge that.
sorry KB , i totally dissagree with that .
Old 16 Dec 2004, 13:06 (Ref:1181041)   #52
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do you mean you disagree that they would do that? Or you would disagree with them doing it?
Old 16 Dec 2004, 14:22 (Ref:1181106)   #53
CamF1
Rookie

CamF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everyone is responsible for without thinking and perceiving the sport it would not be 'good' or 'bad' or 'dead' or 'alive'.
Old 16 Dec 2004, 14:32 (Ref:1181113)   #54
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Year after year... the same thing. F1 is boring, F1 is dead.... blah blah blah. Yet... the F1 forum is always full.. and the same people come back to say how much they hate it...

Go figure
Old 16 Dec 2004, 15:32 (Ref:1181137)   #55
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Do you mean you disagree that they would do that? Or you would disagree with them doing it?
I dissagree that Silverstone would do that ...

If Silverstone ( run by the BRDC ) was allowed to take the proper revenue that they should be allowed to take from hosting a F1 GP at their own circuit ( Or pay a sensible price to Bernie and co ) ...they would for sure be making ticket prices more affordable for the fans ....They need to make a profit of course , but that would be much easier than being forced to exploit the fans .( as they have to do now )

So yes , i belive strongly in people like Jackie Stewart and the BRDC ....they are not here for selfglory or weath , they are here because of a sport they love .

unllike a certain person who just continues to take a ridiculous percentage out of a sport that isnt in the state it could be and needs to re adjust its self .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
Year after year... the same thing. F1 is boring, F1 is dead.... blah blah blah. Yet... the F1 forum is always full.. and the same people come back to say how much they hate it...

Go figure
I dont think F1 is dead....It just needs a good kick up the backside ...it needs to put its house in order quite abit i think ...

One thing that it has got to do , is get away from drivers making it to the pinnicle without being the cream of the crop ...after all , how can it be called the pinnicle if some of the drivers are not worthy of holding their place , just because someone can write a huge check .

I still love F1 , but i think its very fair to say its no-where near as good as it should be .....I think thats fair critism , just because you like a sport , does not mean that you cannot express a view that people at the top are making descions that satisfy their own personal gain , rather than the good of the sport .

it certainly doesnt need stupid stuff like weight penalties and touring car type rules to make the field up of cars be equal ...

It needs to make it a much healthy sport for people to afford and enjoy whilst at the same time provide constant top class racing with the very best drivers from around the world .

Last edited by Sato san; 16 Dec 2004 at 15:37.
Old 16 Dec 2004, 16:00 (Ref:1181161)   #56
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Go figure
I am one of the nah - sayyers, I admit.

Its because I remember what F1 used to be like, and it has the potential to be great again, if only people would make some positive decisions.
I watch and follow F1, because maybe 1 in every 5 races is a good race.
And I love the sound of the cars - I used to love the look of the cars too.

However I am not harking back to the 1970s, I only want F1 to return to how it was in 1997 and before.

Last edited by Sodemo; 16 Dec 2004 at 16:01.
Old 16 Dec 2004, 16:02 (Ref:1181162)   #57
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom

Big Fat Slicks And Less Wings And Aero bits !!!....

Last edited by Sato san; 16 Dec 2004 at 16:03.
Old 16 Dec 2004, 16:20 (Ref:1181172)   #58
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
However I am not harking back to the 1970s, I only want F1 to return to how it was in 1997 and before.
I too prefer the old days, but IMHO 1997 and years around then where no better and some worse than this year. In terms of racing certainly I'd take 2002-2004 over 1995-1997! For instance - and Damon won in 1996! One of my favourites, but the racing wasn't too good.
Old 16 Dec 2004, 16:40 (Ref:1181199)   #59
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sato san
I still love F1 , but i think its very fair to say its no-where near as good as it should be .....I think thats fair critism , just because you like a sport , does not mean that you cannot express a view that people at the top are making descions that satisfy their own personal gain , rather than the good of the sport .

i[/b]
I get your point, but Sato San, my good friend... for me, this is a really exciting time for F1. There are potentially 5 teams with good car/driver combinations, Fisichella is finally with a good team, and there's a wealth of fantastic young drivers (including your boy Taku!).

You'll be telling your grandkids about how dominant Schumacher and Ferrari were in the early 2000's, and how Fisichella finally put an end to Ferrari's reign in the 2006 Williams.

Seriously though, this is a fantastic time to be a F1 fan, so stop being so darn negative, everyone!
Old 16 Dec 2004, 19:47 (Ref:1181330)   #60
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I get your point, but Sato San, my good friend...

You'll be telling your grandkids about how dominant Schumacher and Ferrari were in the early 2000's, !
have to say i agree there....I never used to think this a few years ago, and i dont agree with so many things that have happened in the career of M Schumacher , but your right ...In many years to come , will will be able to say that we see his career from start to finish and how historic it was ..that kind of oppertunity doesnt come along very often , we are very lucky to be watching this kind of history .

As for the young drivers , it is these young guys that really keeps my fire burning for Grand Prix racing alot ....and i think , if it i used correctly it will bring Grand Prix to a real top of the pile level where only the best drivers are getting a race seat to drive in Formula 1 .

all i wish for is , that they create the rules and and keep them consistent to enable us to have top quality races that are worthy of being at the top level of worldwide motor racing ...Rather than gear it all up to become one giant money spinning machine that benefits a handful of people and often leaves many millions of racing fans feeling they have been shortchanged .

Last edited by Sato san; 16 Dec 2004 at 19:52.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 19:12 (Ref:1182060)   #61
norman-normal
Veteran

norman-normal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
About the time your hair is white, if you still have any, those of your current age will be asking you about the great M.S. and Ferrari......Sooo quit *****ing. You have the very rare privalege of witnessing the greatest event in motor racing history, so farr.

I was told that about Fangio, Moss and MB half a century ago.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 21:59 (Ref:1182165)   #62
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont think F1 is dead. However one thing which is slowly but surely destroying it is money. Its no longer just the teams sitting around the table talking new deals its now the giants from the car industry.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 22:04 (Ref:1182171)   #63
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pole2pole
I dont think F1 is dead. However one thing which is slowly but surely destroying it is money. Its no longer just the teams sitting around the table talking new deals its now the giants from the car industry.
It's just the same with other sports (football)the cream always rises to the top,but after a while it starts to smell.