Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 10 Jan 2005, 10:17 (Ref:1197083)   #26
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
when I started I couldnt wait to get it off, when I'd done 8 races and got 6 signatures I wasn't at all fussed, going to Spa for example, with a GT40 and Chevron B19's on the grid I wish I'd left it on !!!

after a year and 10 races I feel a lot more comfortable and confident in what I'm doing, although as a race car driver I still feel like a complete novice compared with many people I race with !
Old 16 Jan 2005, 14:48 (Ref:1202240)   #27
gadgit
Racer

gadgit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just been testing the back end of last year with my car, and I think the point of the cross should not be ignored ! its to advise others that you are a novice. Having thrashed round Mallory most of the latter part of the year I was happy to have the cross on the back of the car, and speaking to lots of the other drivers, they were happy for me to use it, so they were aware of my standard.
If you have not driven a 192bhp F3 car before it is vital that you make people aware of that.

Only an idiot would want to get shot of it to quickly, just like people who pass there test on the road and don't want people to know by using the green cross. just because they feel embarrassed. They should be forced to have them for a year, or more for some of the idiots who get through.

Don't forget, this is not a joke going round Brands as I did at 140mph-ish with even faster cars coming up behind, I'd prefer to have flashing lights all over the thing provided they don't take the rear of the car off, and costs me 2 grand to repair it !!

Its not the novice drivers resposibility, but the better drivers who should aviod the shunt, but as in all sports some people will never learn, so keep that cross on the back till you are confident that you know what you are doing !!!

Well, thats my rant for the day !! Sorry !
Old 28 Jan 2005, 16:23 (Ref:1212097)   #28
refoman
Rookie

refoman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but then again youve always got the 'born' again novices who have either raced in past years or drivers who will quite happily drive around in a series all year as an alleged novice and do well just to get the best newcomers award!!!!
Old 1 Feb 2005, 09:16 (Ref:1214385)   #29
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
topwelshman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul,

If you remove the cross I'll have nothing to aim for!
Old 1 Feb 2005, 13:25 (Ref:1214609)   #30
pmoloney
Racer

United Kingdom
Staffordshire
pmoloney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by topwelshman
Paul,

If you remove the cross I'll have nothing to aim for!
lol... if you were still going to be in the 325 Dom I'd agree...especially seeing as you saw that cross for much of last season

Seeing as you've moved to the M3 brigade, I'll just have to wave as you pass!
Old 4 Feb 2005, 10:08 (Ref:1217279)   #31
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
topwelshman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You never know what'll happen, I might just come out to play in the E30 but only if you have your yellow cross on the back!
Old 11 Feb 2005, 23:01 (Ref:1223350)   #32
JWT
Rookie

JWT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to come in at a tangent but I didnt want to start a new thread....I have a national B licence currently with two signatures. My main aim is to be able to race abroad in historic cars as I have a couple in which I could potentially compete.

I did a race intensive course at Silverstone and got a signature for that and a school race. Is there anyway that I could use these signatures towards a International Historic? If not how many signatures in total does one need from race 1 to obtain an International C (and can these races be in historic cars).
Old 11 Feb 2005, 23:46 (Ref:1223367)   #33
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
total of 6 sigs - one of which you can get for marshalling for the day - gets you up to Nat A. Int'l Historic is a cost-only upgrade from there AFAIK. But if you are over 45 the medical for Int'l is an expensive PITA.
Old 12 Feb 2005, 08:00 (Ref:1223522)   #34
Tedebear
Rookie

Tedebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You need 6 in total, 5 have to be race sigs, 1 can be from a school or marshalling

I did this last year, I'd recommend doing a few sprint races, cheap and cheerful, short as well, I managed to get 2 on a Sunday in August, then got my 6th on the Bank Holiday MOnday . . .then we went to Spa . . .what a reward for all the hard work !

you won't need an Int Historic until next year so I'd suggest getting up to Nat A this year, then Int Hist or Int C for 2006
Old 12 Feb 2005, 08:17 (Ref:1223526)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedebear
you won't need an Int Historic until next year so I'd suggest getting up to Nat A this year, then Int Hist or Int C for 2006
Long time no speak Justine!

I think you'll find that whilst we run Nat A's for our races at Spa the "FIA" as opposed to the Top Hat or BSSC races demand an international.

Will you be co-driving this year?
Old 12 Feb 2005, 08:28 (Ref:1223532)   #36
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
AFAIK you need 5 signatures on your Nat B for an Int historic licence, these must have been in historic races. For an international C you need a certain amount on your Nat A (6 from Nat B races or 3 Nat A races)
Plus a very expensive medical if you are over 45
Old 12 Feb 2005, 10:07 (Ref:1223567)   #37
JWT
Rookie

JWT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I should be ok without the medical as I am only 18. The aim is Spa 6hrs this year so hopefully I can get some signatures before then. Thanks for clearing up my confusion!
Old 12 Feb 2005, 10:26 (Ref:1223581)   #38
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
JWT, just to make myself clear that if you are upgrading a Nat B licence to Int Historic the signatures must be from historic races, pre 1971 cars and you can't upgrade to Int C straight from a Nat B licence, you would have to go to Nat A first. Check out the Blue book section E2.15.2. That is my interpretation of it.
Old 14 Feb 2005, 10:03 (Ref:1224931)   #39
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
that was me Pete not J ! how I managed to post as the wife on Saturday I don't know???
Old 14 Feb 2005, 10:11 (Ref:1224937)   #40
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
*snigger* I know.