Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 27 Feb 2005, 17:37 (Ref:1237384)   #1
Nittymaki
Racer

Nittymaki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
MDA Clubmans Championship

Great to see such a good entry for the 1st round of the new MDA Clubmans Championship.

I know having spoken to both the MDA and RSS orgaonisers that nearly all of the Croft entry has registered for the new series this shows great support and promise for the MDA championship and faith in the RSS.

I know that the MDA are expecting around 16 juniors and around 25 Minicross and 20 Stockhatch cars to register for the new championship.

Just great tto have the season underway and have the 1st event so well supported.

Lets hope for a great season ahead.

With the strong alliance now between the MDA and the RSS, the prospect of racing at the same events as the RSS and non championship events at Mondello Park and Valkenswaard this haven't looked better for a clubmans competitor. This connected with competitve racing and good entry fee`s thigs are looking up.
Old 27 Feb 2005, 17:55 (Ref:1237392)   #2
Nittymaki
Racer

RSS and Clubmans Calender's Confirmed/Info

Ive just recieved an e mail from the MDA and the RSS organisers with their 2005 calenders on it: check out the websites for more info.

The RSS will have 5 RSS events at Croft, Blyton, Valkenswaard, Mondello and Knockhill. They will also have 2 stand alone events the 2wd trophy at Blyton and the British Superprix at Croft.

They hope to have all entry forms and supplimentary regs at Croft and Mondello park next week.

The MDA Clubmans Championship has an 8 round championshipand also will support 5 of the RSS events. This is in addition to two non championship events at Valkenswaard and Mondello for all Minicross, Stockhatch and Junior cars.

From what I hear the entry fee's per event will be less than the BRC and BTRDA events. Which has got to be good. Also they plan to have a sliding scale for entry fee's so the earlier you enter the cheaper it is. I.E. 6 Weeks before and event £150, 4 weeks before £175 and 2 weeks before the event £225. This sounds like a good idea,makes us get our entries in ealrier and also allows the promotional team to promote events and drivers for each event. Also enables them to write good previews in well in advance and show support for each event.

I also understand that registration for the series is still open for £25 which is taken off your first entry fee and also if you pay for all your events in advance you get 1 free. The 2 stand alone events are streated seperate and have seperate entry forms. these are paid for seperate.

All sounds good and positive to me, roll on Croft.
Old 27 Feb 2005, 18:22 (Ref:1237410)   #3
Nittymaki
Racer

Great News for Junior Drivers

The below quote just noticed and taken off the RSS website, great news if you ask me for those of us who have got Junior drivers this year.

"Junior Rallycross drivers who start the first event at Croft Circuit on Monday May 2nd at the age of 16 will be permitted to complete the rest of the season in the category if their birthday occurs during the Rallycross Super Series season (which means that they would become 17 years of age). The only car that will be permitted into the Junior Idol category for the 2005 season will be the Mini."

I also understand that the Ford KA car which wa going to be brought into the BRC Junior class this year has not been granted by the MSA and also due to a lack of interest has been dropped, for this year.

Last time I spoke to the RSS organisers they were working on a great test prize drive for the top 3 drivers in the Junior Idol class of the RSS. Lets hope this prize comes off. To add to what should be a very good, competitive, well supported class this year.
Old 27 Feb 2005, 18:25 (Ref:1237412)   #4
Marbles
Rookie

England
London
Marbles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's That Smel

[Mod]No need for that[/Mod]

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 27 Feb 2005 at 20:49.
Old 27 Feb 2005, 18:38 (Ref:1237419)   #5
Marbles
Rookie

England
London
Will there be any media coverage ie: TV
Old 27 Feb 2005, 18:43 (Ref:1237424)   #6
Nittymaki
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbles
Will there be any media coverage ie: TV
To my knowledge and according to the RSS site then the same people that did the G/P coverage will be doing the coverage for Motors TV this year.

This will be additon to major coverage in the motoring press, local papers to each circuit, radio and news coverage, this is added to the media and tgest day planned for Blyton in April.
Old 27 Feb 2005, 19:04 (Ref:1237437)   #7
Marbles
Rookie

England
London
I've seen nowt posted on the RSS web site, Talk the Talk
Old 27 Feb 2005, 19:11 (Ref:1237441)   #8
Nittymaki
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbles
I've seen nowt posted on the RSS web site, Talk the Talk
You haven't seen the Motors TV info all over the site then??
Old 27 Feb 2005, 19:44 (Ref:1237461)   #9
Marbles
Rookie

England
London
[QUOTE=Nittymaki]You haven't seen the Motors TV info all over ththen??[/e site QUOTE]
Are you going to answer my PM
Old 27 Feb 2005, 20:37 (Ref:1237511)   #10
Nittymaki
Racer

[QUOTE=Marbles]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nittymaki
You haven't seen the Motors TV info all over ththen??[/e site QUOTE]
Are you going to answer my PM
Sorry marbles, i can't pick up pm mails.
Put it on here. Anyway why so much negativeness??
Old 27 Feb 2005, 20:41 (Ref:1237518)   #11
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Nittymaki - to pick up PM's, go to your user control panel (top left on the menu) and go to the private message section.
Old 27 Feb 2005, 20:48 (Ref:1237532)   #12
Nittymaki
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin
Nittymaki - to pick up PM's, go to your user control panel (top left on the menu) and go to the private message section.
Sorry all......
Was just havin a bit of a blonde moment!!!!
Have got it now..
Old 10 Mar 2005, 23:16 (Ref:1249044)   #13
peespeed
Racer

Ireland
Carlow, Ireland
peespeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
see the list of drivers is up on the new RSS site
drivers list
Old 11 Mar 2005, 08:03 (Ref:1249189)   #14
Spectator
Racer

United Kingdom
East Sussex
Spectator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of the regular names that you would of expected to be there, several that are not, for whatever reason, (cars not ready / not decided?) and a few fresh names.
It can only be good for the sport in general to see so many people committed to a series, several of which are also expected to do the MSA/BRDA as well.
Old 11 Mar 2005, 11:52 (Ref:1249388)   #15
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that is only the current list, id say in the next two weeks you will see more drivers enlist.

I unfortunatly cant content most of the rounds as ive no car but i will definatly be able to go out for the Irish rounds (maybe knockhill aswell!!!)

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 15 Mar 2005, 15:38 (Ref:1252534)   #16
B Friendly
Racer

United Kingdom
East Yorkshire
B Friendly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The RSS/RPL have announced that aswell as the minicross and sh going to Valkenswaard (Can't remember how its spelt!) on the 17th of july, the supercars and modifieds will be joining them to make it the third round of the series. See the RSS website for more info.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 16:11 (Ref:1252565)   #17
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Lawks! That should be a good day then - shame I can't get out there for that one
Old 16 Mar 2005, 07:44 (Ref:1253139)   #18
Spectator
Racer

United Kingdom
East Sussex
Spectator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now that sounds like a good weekeend, and close enough for us 'southern softies' to be able to get to quite easily.