Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 5 Apr 2005, 20:08 (Ref:1271222)   #26
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, interesting, and a bit disappointing. Quali has ended now anyway, sorry about that, ill try using Direct IP tomorrow night and PM my IP to anyone that wants a race and then by using the Direct IP option you should be able to find the race.
Sorry
Old 5 Apr 2005, 20:12 (Ref:1271226)   #27
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No prob. It always takes a while to get used to a new game.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 23:57 (Ref:1272142)   #28
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've enjoyed the demo, so today I've finally managed to find the full version. Won't have time to install it and play until Monday, though.
Old 9 Apr 2005, 09:05 (Ref:1273850)   #29
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Playing the demo this time seemed so much better and, well ive finally given in and ordered it.
Old 16 Apr 2005, 22:12 (Ref:1279841)   #30
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just had a fantastic online GTR race (36 minutes) on one of the public SimBin servers at Monza. I was amazed for a public server.

I had a fantastic connection, no lag whatsoever, and it was a full 25 car grid of sensible, responsible drivers.

I qualified third with a 1:46.016 in the Viper. I was trying so hard to get a '45, but I couldn't quite do it. I'm still using the setups supplied with the game apart from some major anti-roll bar adjustment.

I managed to get up into second into the first corner chicane off the start and then had a great cat and mouse battle with the guy in third place for the first 20 minutes. At one point I got baulked by a backmarker and he tried a run up to the second chicane. He couldn't quite pull it off, but we gave each other room and it was a fantastic scrap.

Unfortunately, I locked a brake going into Parabolica at the 20 minute mark resulting in a trip across the gravel and loss of my second place. I fought back to 4th at the finish.

Apart from that little mishap I'm still grinning from ear-to-ear.
Old 16 Apr 2005, 22:55 (Ref:1279861)   #31
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's very good and very hard. I have today bought new high spec PC, mainly to use for a Cisco course which I have enrolled on, but I bought GTR too.

I have a quick go without any sound problems with my speaker fitting the PC, but I am very impressed, I am using a joypad at the mo and seem to spend most of time spinning. I think I need more practice.
Old 16 Apr 2005, 23:02 (Ref:1279867)   #32
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I have today bought new high spec PC, mainly to use for a Cisco course which I have enrolled on, but I bought GTR too.
Yeah, yeah. We believe you..

I've just built a new PC for software development in my spare time to hopefully help me progress my career. I've had it 10 days and I've mostly been playing GTR!
Old 17 Apr 2005, 08:29 (Ref:1280071)   #33
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Software development? what developing the GTR software to allow you to drive quicker and progress your virtual driving career

At the moment i'm just trying out all the various cars hot lapping, plan to have my first offline race today.
Old 8 May 2005, 07:20 (Ref:1295450)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
GTR - A Cynic's Impression

I've just given this thread a bump because it seemed ideally titled for my comments.

I only bought GTR late last week (and only then because it was £10.00 off at my local GAME store). I've made the mistake of downloading and installing frantically - before I really knew what I was doing.....

So what do I think?

Its a GREAT sim.

1. It runs beautifully on my pc with no fiddling at all (unlike the demo which was hell to set up for me - and was one of the things which put me off buying GTR in the first place).

2. GTR Manager is a great program for adding files, but doesn't everyone use it when they make add-ons?

3. I've had CTDs after adding loads of cars, some GTRMan and some not - just goes to prove the old saying about adding things one at a time - serves me right.....!

4. The cars are beautifully detailed and run very nicely - but why do they ALL seem to understeer so badly - they're almost impossible to drive at times (but then I hate understeer - I've always preferred a fairly heavily oversteering car, no matter what sim I'm driving).

But the real gripe is that without prototypes, it somehow seems incomplete. The racing is good fun, even against the AI (I haven't ventured oinline - yet), but it badly needs protos for the real sportscar experience.

I paid £19.00 for GTR and it was money well spent. Terrific fun.
Old 8 May 2005, 13:17 (Ref:1295704)   #35
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
You've got to remember its based on the FIA GTs not the ELMS!!

Setups are critical but i can just manage with the fast/race setups, but your right they do understeer badly. I'm just hesitant to change them too radically, Not even used the Motec sytem.

Not used GTR manager couldnt actually find it, but the folder structure is straightforward.
Just signed up to the Racemore system and thought i'd try it all out. I was quite hesitant about the online part, but had a quick race this morning around Brno which was thoroughly enjoyable. Most servers were empty so i just joined for some practise on my own but in the end there was 20 runners and no problems with slowdown or lag. I was still basically using the standard setups so was happy with my 2.01 at the back of the field. So i was expecting a nasty first corner but it was the second corner and got hit from behind which meant i was right at the back and needed repairs. So i try and keep it going but i guess i'm trying too hard and pick up several punctures. So i didnt actually finish but i enjoyed it.

Thought it would be worse, but i was surprised how smoothly it all ran. Been reading to many complaints on the forums about driving standards but it seemed ok. I wasnt too slow either!
Old 9 May 2005, 11:49 (Ref:1296539)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner
You've got to remember its based on the FIA GTs not the ELMS!!
Yep, shame that!

I just feel that we ought to be soooooo close to a decent Le Mans sim. Where you can run the full 24 hours (saving at whatever point you like) with GTs and protos. Jeez, I don't know about paying £25-30 for a sim, I'd happily shell out £50 for the ultimate Le Mans sim.......
Old 9 May 2005, 12:14 (Ref:1296569)   #37
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Yep, shame that!

I just feel that we ought to be soooooo close to a decent Le Mans sim. Where you can run the full 24 hours (saving at whatever point you like) with GTs and protos. Jeez, I don't know about paying £25-30 for a sim, I'd happily shell out £50 for the ultimate Le Mans sim.......
Hopefully one day, we'll get the proper Le Mans sim where running a full field of 50+ mixed classed cars and AI assist (your imaginery co-drivers for different stints) are possible to run a full on 24 hours.
Old 9 May 2005, 12:51 (Ref:1296593)   #38
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Well i think GTR is locked so i dont think prototypes would ever happen. Other than that GTR is so close! But there is the Spa 24h though not tried anyhting longer than 30mins races.
Old 9 May 2005, 12:54 (Ref:1296596)   #39
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner
Well i think GTR is locked so i dont think prototypes would ever happen. Other than that GTR is so close! But there is the Spa 24h though not tried anyhting longer than 30mins races.
Officially locked but I think it can be tweaked to accomodate other "new" cars. Obviously this will never happen, officially at least regarding protos in GTR.
Old 11 May 2005, 16:58 (Ref:1298472)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I've just had my first GTR race - simulation - race 1 of the championship - against the AI. What a blast! Great fun. I made loads of mistakes in my New Man Lister, but finished 5th. I think I may be venturing online fairly soon......
Old 11 May 2005, 21:50 (Ref:1298726)   #41
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love it. I'm rubbish at it, but I love it. I could do with downloading loads of set-ups to try out until I find one that helps me stay on track. I've been using one of b1ackcr0w's which is much better, but I find I spin off at Doni's Esses or Melbourne, or I can tweak it and understeer off at McLaens. Each night I tend to get one quick lap in and go off on all the others. Very frustrating.
Old 12 May 2005, 19:20 (Ref:1299399)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've just been driving around what I call "Hairpin Hell" - what moron designed Magny Cours anyway........?
Old 12 May 2005, 19:23 (Ref:1299402)   #43
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, it started life as a racing school venue in the 60s... The modern circuit is loosely based around that track, but with even tighter hairpins Actually, its only got two or three...
Old 12 May 2005, 19:31 (Ref:1299408)   #44
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Magny sucks if ya ask me..

..GTR dedicated server realeased though, racemore.com for details and download
Old 12 May 2005, 20:47 (Ref:1299450)   #45
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I've just been driving around what I call "Hairpin Hell" - what moron designed Magny Cours anyway........?

It's not too bad, compare it to Oschersleben
Old 12 May 2005, 21:28 (Ref:1299482)   #46
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lol that tracks a nightmare! The first time I blasted down the main straight on it I didn't realise where the corner was, reached the end of the runway and ended up in the trees! Very very confusing!

The corners are cambered though so that helps (a bit!)