Ac.
Racer

Canada
Waterloo, Ont.
Ac. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PT - Bourdais Feud

This is just hilarious.

Bourdais post race quote
"We lost another race thanks to Tracy," said a disappointed Bourdais. "He was goofing around in pit in and pit out. He doesn't give you any room when you are trying to pass him and things like that but that's usual PT. As much as I like him because he's a nice guy, he's just not on the race track. It's got to stop. Somehow it's got to stop."

PT post race quote
"Sebastien is a good guy and somebody I really like racing with, and the McDonald's team is one of the best in the business, but I got ambushed by the Hamburglar today. Then he puts out a press release whining that it was all my fault. I think the guy's had a few too many Happy Meals."

I hope these two keep it up for the season. The soundbites are fantastic and it provides some extra tension during the race. IMO, the video replay showed that PT did give Bourdais all the room he could and that Seb just kept coming over.
Old 23 May 2005, 19:36 (Ref:1308370)   #2
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some drama never hurts, especially when it's between two drivers from different teams, who were the class of the field in the race until the collided. I hope it's a good battle for the championship, and Bruno may really benefit from it!
Old 23 May 2005, 19:54 (Ref:1308380)   #3
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac.
This is just hilarious.

Bourdais post race quote
"We lost another race thanks to Tracy," said a disappointed Bourdais. "He was goofing around in pit in and pit out. He doesn't give you any room when you are trying to pass him and things like that but that's usual PT. As much as I like him because he's a nice guy, he's just not on the race track. It's got to stop. Somehow it's got to stop."

PT post race quote
"Sebastien is a good guy and somebody I really like racing with, and the McDonald's team is one of the best in the business, but I got ambushed by the Hamburglar today. Then he puts out a press release whining that it was all my fault. I think the guy's had a few too many Happy Meals."

I hope these two keep it up for the season. The soundbites are fantastic and it provides some extra tension during the race. IMO, the video replay showed that PT did give Bourdais all the room he could and that Seb just kept coming over.

Nothing allegedly seems to be Sebastian's fault....in his eyes, anyway....note that I said Allegedly....for the following reason:

I did not see yesterday's race...I was at Mid-Ohio for the ALMS weekend....

So I won't comment on this actual incident....but a clear punting of Martin Short at Le Mans last year was his fault...yet he never owned up to it....and he blamed Short for it when SeaBass was at least a couple of laps behind him in the scoring....

I'll let all of you who did see the race comment on it and I'll read them with great interest...

but keep the above comments about LM last summer in mind with regard to this particular incident....

and tell me if there might be a pattern here

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 24 May 2005, 01:27 (Ref:1308558)   #4
spye
Rookie

spye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let me start out by saying Im a big PT fan but I will also call a spade a spade. I have no idea what seabass is talking about about the pit issues with PT.

His crew cheif was all worked up about it aswell but I saw nothing so I really cant comment on that part of it but what does PT and pit lane have to do with turn 5 and absolutely running into him. I know paul has done his fair share of dirty (over aggresive)driving etc etc but this was 100% seabass.

Hes got one coming from paul now and I cant wait untill its delivered. Total BS if you ask me. But there was alot of it going around. They really need to shorten up the gap in between races these guys have been away from it for to long =)
Old 24 May 2005, 09:35 (Ref:1308759)   #5
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I've commented before on PT's unique ability to drive through rather than around people. In this case however, Mr.Seabass is clearly in the wrong as he chopped PT while "completing" his pass. As I commented in the race thread, I thought for a moment PT was driving SB's car!

The race coverage included comments that N-H was upset with PT's pit in/out strategies so it seems this is turning into some sort of group act.

Sebastian left PT no room whatsoever and PT seemed to be trying everything (short of going off the track) to give racing room. If he is going to whine about PT then he needs to find something legit to whine about as for once, PT was giving way.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 24 May 2005, 10:08 (Ref:1308794)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I think it was simply a rather annoying racing incident.

Sebastien had to have a go and Paul gave him plenty of room but unfortunately it seems to me that perhaps Bourdais though he was fully ahead and pulled over (guess what paul was there )

Obviously it is mainly Bourdais fault in fact I cant see any blame being layed at the feet of Tracy.

Love Tracy's comments good to see a slang at another driver that actually includes a plug for his sponsor
Old 24 May 2005, 11:46 (Ref:1308874)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PT keeps his sense of humour yet again; love to see that in a driver. SB is French and remembering how often my hero Prost used to read from his book "One Million Reasons Why It's Not My Fault", I think it's just politicking on his part and not really his being convinced that he can do no wrong.
Old 24 May 2005, 14:43 (Ref:1309048)   #8
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was at least a bit doubtful how in the pitlane Tracy got up to par with Sebastien, when they are supposed on the same speed, is that normal?

The incident on track I would say it was a racing incident. Just as it would have been if positions had been reversed.
Old 24 May 2005, 15:44 (Ref:1309084)   #9
racinthestreets
Racer

racinthestreets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this time Seabass did not negotiate the turn as he visioned before making the move. His car did not turn and he did run into PT. PT was at the edge of the track with no place to go except off the track - I am sure he did not expect Seabass to drive over him as he did. I am pulling for Seabass to repeat as champ - I wish he would come clean on this incident since the replays, no matter if they are played forward or backward show him at fault - IMO. BTW, the replays do not show Hamburgler!
Old 24 May 2005, 16:20 (Ref:1309103)   #10
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordi
It was at least a bit doubtful how in the pitlane Tracy got up to par with Sebastien, when they are supposed on the same speed, is that normal?

The incident on track I would say it was a racing incident. Just as it would have been if positions had been reversed.
Tracy got up along side him before the entry to the pits, so when they hit the pit lane limiter they stayed almost side by side. There was nothing illegal about it. There might have been issues if Bourdais' pit box was before Tracy and therefore Tracy would have been blocking Bourdais entry forcing Bourdais to slow and turn in behind PT.

As for the T5 incident, Bourdais was definitely at more fault than PT. He made a dive bomb pass and he still wasn't ahead at the apex of the corner. In general, a driver has the right to the proper line through a corner if the attempting overtaking driver is not equal with the other driver. PT made sure not to close the door on Bourdais as to avoid an accident. Because of this Bourdais hit the apex and forced PT wide. Since Bourdais was not ahead at the apex he had no right to exit out to the edge of the track like he did. He already had the preferred line and he would have had a faster exit, all he had to do was leave a car width at the edge of the track and he would have held the position and both he and PT would have continued. Instead, he got greedy, forced PT wide and then exiting to the edge of the track with PT still partially next to him.
Old 24 May 2005, 19:21 (Ref:1309279)   #11
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Big SB fan and not really much of a PT fan, but I'll be very surprised if Boudais keeps to his view when he see's the video. PT did everything he could withough actually going off the grass
Old 24 May 2005, 21:21 (Ref:1309382)   #12
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Meh. It was Bourdais' fault, but I was glad that he took the risk. There wasn't any competive action at the front and the two of them were having a race to see who could save more fuel. It seemed like it was really tough to pass, although I'm not exactly sure why.

PT was a much more civil than I expected. He's usually got some caustic POed statement to make. I guess out of the two I'd say I'm rooting for PT because it'll be boring if Bourdais wins everything again.
Old 24 May 2005, 21:26 (Ref:1309389)   #13
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just out of curiosity, since I didn't see the race or the incident:

I'm assuming that the contact came in a corner with SeaBass on the inside of PT...

Did SeaBass hit any curbing on his racing line that would have kicked him out toward PT, or was his line too shallow and thus centrifugal force carry him into the contact????

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 24 May 2005, 21:32 (Ref:1309398)   #14
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
his line was too shallow...he could have not exited out to the edge of the track more than likely, but he chose to get on the gas and get the maximum exit speed and trail out to edge of the track(where the front of PT's car happened to be).
Old 25 May 2005, 02:15 (Ref:1309512)   #15
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree, but I will add that Bourdais was well up on the curbing which may have compromised his ability to get the car to turn. Ultimately as jjspierx mentioned, he didn't have to drive to the edge of the road on exit.