Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Jun 2005, 14:54 (Ref:1331595)   #51
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
PenelopePitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry if this has been suggested, but could it be ..... Martin Brundell on his grid walks
Old 17 Jun 2005, 15:33 (Ref:1331627)   #52
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
Quite the contarary, I still listen to some Duran Duran, "Ordinary World" is surely their best tune?

They're brummies too, like dear old me!
Hungry Like the Wolf....surely
Old 17 Jun 2005, 15:36 (Ref:1331628)   #53
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Delatraz,from the early nineties,can't even remember his first name(s).
Jean-Denis Delatraz left F1 in 1995.

This thread is about drivers from mid-season 2000 until mid-season 2005.
Old 17 Jun 2005, 15:50 (Ref:1331638)   #54
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Girls on Film.

And don't diss Brundle in my presence Pitstop.
Old 17 Jun 2005, 15:57 (Ref:1331645)   #55
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand!!!

and if this is about last five years, and mind you i love this guy, but has there been another driver who has cost his team more money, wrecked more cars, been outpaced more consistantly by his teammate/s, and underpreformed more than JV.

but, i still be cheering for him this sunday though
Old 17 Jun 2005, 16:34 (Ref:1331698)   #56
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe if Yoong had started his career in a Williams he would still be in Formula 1 today.
Old 17 Jun 2005, 18:16 (Ref:1331735)   #57
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl
Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand!!!

and if this is about last five years, and mind you i love this guy, but has there been another driver who has cost his team more money, wrecked more cars, been outpaced more consistantly by his teammate/s, and underpreformed more than JV.

but, i still be cheering for him this sunday though
Good man! And don't get put out by all the rubbish the rest of us put around.
Old 17 Jun 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1331748)   #58
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It has to be Yoong doesn't it, on the basis that he was just totally uncompetitive and was given "rests" and DNQ'd often.

Baumgartner wasn't great, but I liked his effort. Basically, he stuck at it, improved a bit and actually scored a point. Which is more than can be said for the lethargic, hopeless, "I really can't be bothered" Gianmaria Bruni. Drop him down to GP2 and suddenly he looks good again. There is a chance he'll be back in F1, although I wouldn't bother with him in all honesty.

Marques was woeful in 2001, but he looked alright before the turn of the century so we'll let him off.

Pantano was shocking as well, considering he was good in lower formulae. His spin, right in front of my eyes at Abbey chicane in the Brit GP last year summed his season up......appalling and so below par as to be buried.

But Pantano was alright before F1 so I give the gong to Yoong. A truly abysmal season-and-a-bit, albeit consistent in his performance.

Worryingly, last season, the "Inside Grand Prix" programme on MotorsTV labelled him a Formula 1 legend!
Old 17 Jun 2005, 21:50 (Ref:1331882)   #59
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What about Luciano Burti? He never really did anything.
How can you possible think that Luciano Burti was one of the worst f1 drivers in the last 5 years?! Ok he didn't score a point but he is a whole lot better than all of the drivers mentioned on this thread! When he left Jaguar to go to Prost, he managed to qualify 13th in his first race for the team, ahead of Alesi, his team mate. Not that bad at all really IMO!
Old 17 Jun 2005, 21:56 (Ref:1331884)   #60
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A 'legend' doesn't have to be good. Incidentally, I get infuriated by the frequently-used expression 'Former Formula 1 Legend' or similar - the word legend applies to the past tense only, so you can't cese to be a legend.
Old 18 Jun 2005, 12:19 (Ref:1332119)   #61
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I sense they didn't mean it like that though boots! They were piling on the compliments at an alrming rate. Anyone not in the know would have thought he was a world champion.
Old 18 Jun 2005, 12:47 (Ref:1332142)   #62
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Since the turn into the 21st Century, Yoong is the only driver that comes to mind that looked completely out of place on a Formula One grid.

The likes of Baumgartner and Mazzacane were not overly impressive, but being in a Minardi, you can't expect too much from pay-drivers.

Thankfully the days of poor rent-a-drivers appear to be over. Even pay-drivers have to have at least a little talent nowadays.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 00:58 (Ref:1332598)   #63
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's more than 5 years ago (9 years actually) but I miss Lavaggi. He was paying for driving a Minardi for the fun of it, he would always been accompanied by pretty girls off the track and was a gentleman in the art of being overlapped by faster cars.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 07:14 (Ref:1332677)   #64
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by massifheed
No-ones even mentioned Ricardo Rosset yet!
heh heh, Arrows had a great nack at bringing in drivers that were miles out of their depth.
Esteban Tuero takes the biscuit for me. Mazzacane, is the other one, and Ralf Schumacher is another one. oops, I mean, umm, jokes!
Old 19 Jun 2005, 07:16 (Ref:1332678)   #65
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lol no I agree .......
Old 19 Jun 2005, 14:33 (Ref:1332893)   #66
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2001
and Ralf Schumacher is another one. oops, I mean, umm, jokes!
oh i would'nt take that ralf fan
Old 19 Jun 2005, 14:46 (Ref:1332909)   #67
SeaneyC
Racer

SeaneyC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Came across this site - http://f1rejects.com

Some blasts from the past there!
Old 19 Jun 2005, 15:44 (Ref:1332950)   #68
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I remember of 1998, Tuero showed some genuine blasts of speed didn't he? I'm thinking 17th on the grid in Melbourne in his first GP, outqualifying Nakano more often than not....he was quick, just very young, very imature and not up to the F1 'life', behind the wheel he had some merit.

Zsolt was quite impressive last season too. For someone who by all rights should have been the new Yoong, he was tidy, brought it home, professional and not entirely talentless either. He was better than Bruni over the balance of the 04 season and for my money it's a shame that he didn't hold onto his seat this season. Bruni, remember, was going to be the next Webber or Alonso.

Jordan have become quite good at choosing crap drivers....Pantano was almost unbelievably poor last season, and I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Ralph Firman yet, he had one good weekend in Spain 03 but other than that, did nothing at all and his overdriving in qualifying was an unusually visible sign of his problems.

But.....yep, Yoong was apalling. Actually when he did return for the last couple of races in 2002 (having been subbed for Davidson) he was almost matching Mark Webber, so in a way it's a shame we didn't get more of a chance to see if that was a fluke or not, but over the balance of his time in F1 there's no doubt he's the worst over the last five years.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 17:14 (Ref:1333015)   #69
Formula1Fanatic
Rookie

England
Warrington
Formula1Fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alex Yoong would have been suited to the pre qualifying years. He was at least 2-4 seconds off the pace from the next car usually.

Gaston Mazzacane and Nicolas Kiesa were also poor
Old 19 Jun 2005, 22:29 (Ref:1333710)   #70
Jam35
Rookie

Wales
Caerdydd
Jam35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a lot more than five years ago, but I'd nominate Giovanna Amati as the worst F1 driver ever. Three races, three DNQs - women drivers...