Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 23 May 2006, 08:45 (Ref:1616909)   #1
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pots 'N' Pans II (article about PDM somehow getting into the show)

Another great article off the IndyStar.com website, this time about PDM Racing and their massive effort of rebuilding the car Medeiros wrecked during practice and qualifying for the Indy 500.

Quote:
By Friday early evening, PDM had a tub, completely stripped. Then one of the mechanics, Tom Johannson, did the kind of magic David Blaine could never conceive, taking three crashed gearboxes and turning them into one that was worthy of a high-performance race car. Let's see them do that at Jiffy Lube.

This group did two weeks' worth of work in less than three days. And nobody asked for overtime. Or a nap.

"We had pieces from 15 different cars,'' Medeiros said.
Building one working gearbox out of parts from three crashed ones alone has made me decide to cheer a little extra for PDM on Sunday, and I think this story, now knowing what they went through to get that car into the show, is one of the really great stories from the Month of May this year

Full story: http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../1052/SPORTS01
Old 23 May 2006, 10:35 (Ref:1616976)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic article Pots N Pans II is quite an achivement, and a true thing of beauty! I don't know if I'll get to watch the big race on Sunday, but I'll be hoping PDM do well
Old 23 May 2006, 10:52 (Ref:1616995)   #3
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hope that PDM "doesn't" paint it....

I enjoyed that story yesterday.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 25 May 2006, 01:18 (Ref:1618322)   #4
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Great stuff! Harkens back to the days of flat tow trailers, hand painting the car's numbers and odd localized sponsors in it for the sport of it.
Old 25 May 2006, 11:15 (Ref:1618557)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quite an amazing story, probably harks back to the olden days of Indy. It's especially apt as it was Roth they squeezed out. Commitment and determination beating a rich guy's hobby.
Old 27 May 2006, 00:23 (Ref:1619890)   #6
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Ah nuts, they apparently spiffed it up with fresh paint to make their sponsors happy.