Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 16 Aug 2006, 15:24 (Ref:1684303)   #26
Jennifer_ni
Clears incidents with the POWER OF HER MIND!
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If im able to put one on it and you have one i would be more than happy to!! If not we can arrangefor mr to get a t-shirt or something instead!!
Old 16 Aug 2006, 15:26 (Ref:1684304)   #27
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Must find out the cost of getting a helmet painted with the logo.....

I'm SO tempted to take up the €650 offer myself!!
Old 16 Aug 2006, 15:28 (Ref:1684305)   #28
Jennifer_ni
Clears incidents with the POWER OF HER MIND!
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will put my helmet forward for it if you are looking for one! You so should the only down side is u've to sit through a day in mondello listining to them telling you stuff you already no and pay €250 for the pleasure to get your licence!!
Old 17 Aug 2006, 06:48 (Ref:1684680)   #29
ian_c_uk
Racer

United Kingdom
J5 M61
ian_c_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviously this a "get people into motorsport" price, can I ask what would be cost per event if someone wanted to do additional races with the same setup?
Old 17 Aug 2006, 06:54 (Ref:1684686)   #30
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Grant, Just convince Colman that rescue unit drivers have to do the course in order to proceed safely in race traffic, thus getting MSRS to foot the bill!

The EUR650 offer sounds fantastic, far easier on the pocket than a self-run race weekend and you get the expertise of all of the lads that have been out there since god was a boy!

Best of luck with it guys!
Old 17 Aug 2006, 09:58 (Ref:1684850)   #31
Sheanerep
Rookie

Sheanerep should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ian, I'm not sure of the exact price, I can find out from David and e-mail you if you give me your details by private message. After the introduction you'd have to buy your own race-suit and gear and start paying your own entry fees, but the cost for the car and the mechanical support probably wouldn't be that much more.

I'd be willing to bet that even after the introductory offer is over, you won't find a cheaper way into factory-run motorsport anywhere.

If you want to do a full season, you also have the option of Formula Sheane Scholarship; same kind of set-up as with the Formula Vee but with more pace, power and reliability and (a little) more cost. The difference with Formula Sheane is no engine rebuild costs and lower maintanance costs so what you lose on the swings you gain on the roundabouts...

Last edited by Sheanerep; 17 Aug 2006 at 10:05.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 10:06 (Ref:1684861)   #32
ian_c_uk
Racer

United Kingdom
J5 M61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheanerep
I'd be willing to bet that even after the introductory offer is over, you won't find a cheaper way into factory-run motorsport anywhere.
I'm quite sure you're right, just as someone that doesn't race (yet) I'm trying to price up factory run \ turn up and drive racing vs purchasing \ running my own car.

I assume the driver will be liable for cost of any repairs needed \ damage incurred?
Old 17 Aug 2006, 10:16 (Ref:1684878)   #33
Sheanerep
Rookie

Ian, like I say, I'll get specific prices from David for you, but let me stick some stuff in the back of your head; if you're brand new and you really want to be competitive long term there's no substitute for running your own car; you learn so much from doing it yourself. Best way to do it is to be run for two or three rounds and then take over once you're familiar. Very few of the top clubmen are run by other people all the way through their careers.

Vee's are a little odd in that the rules that apply to their suspension don't translate that well to most other race cars; so if you want to learn the kind of principles that'll apply to most cars you'd be as well thinking Formula Sheane.

In terms of renting cost versus purchase cost; if you're really good you can actually increase the value of your car over what you bought it for, but that's rare. It will almost always work out cheaper to buy and re-sell than to rent though (at least in an established class. If you take a punt on a borderline class there's a chance you'll get left with a car that can only run in Libre).

Finally; are you responsible for damage? Yep. But don't panic. If the damage is bad luck (a piston decides to join the space programme) then Sheane Cars will cover it but if you buzz the engine or meet a Marshal at high speed backwards then you pay the bill. But in Formula Vee and Formula Sheane you have to be really, really trying to run up a big bill; all the parts are made in-house so if you rip a wheel off you may only be looking at €150. (Not that we recommend doing that....)
Old 17 Aug 2006, 10:22 (Ref:1684882)   #34
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheanerep
but if you buzz the engine or meet a Marshal at high speed backwards then you pay the bill.
Including the Marshal's dry cleaning bill!

Mr. Sheanrep sir, I grow increasingly worried about your desire to run marshals over..........
Old 17 Aug 2006, 10:25 (Ref:1684886)   #35
ian_c_uk
Racer

United Kingdom
J5 M61
Many thanks for your input... lots to think about...
Old 17 Aug 2006, 10:26 (Ref:1684888)   #36
Sheanerep
Rookie

Ms. Pumpkin, it's the orange suits. They have a strange, hypnotic draw...

(Also I hear you now provide sandwiches)