Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 26 Nov 2001, 08:55 (Ref:178907)   #1
philneast
Racer

Australia
Hobart , Tasmania, Australia
philneast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorfest

We got our 'B' licences so we are off to Motorfest.

This is a large motorsport exhibition held at Hobart's Derwent Entertainment Centre. Rally cars, Drag cars and jet skis on the river are just some of the attractions.

As far as my son and I are concerned the most important thing is the Sprint Kart race meeting. A temporary track will be constructed in the back car park of the DEC for a two day kart meeting. Being a temporay circuit it requires a 'B" grade AKA licence.

We have worked all year to get the required signatures so we could compete. There were over 5,000 people there last year. A big crowd for a Tassie kart meeting.
Old 27 Nov 2001, 00:59 (Ref:179193)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Congrats Phil
Sounds like a blast and yes 5000 is very good so I bet the nerves will be up and running.

Ive always wanted to do a street race like Portland or something like that but never got my B licence , but it would be a blast.

good luck and dont forget to tell us how ya went.
Old 27 Nov 2001, 11:10 (Ref:179306)   #3
Kartracer
Rookie

Kartracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck Phil & son.

I have read about it in Kartoz and it looks tike a real blast!!!
Old 7 Dec 2001, 08:03 (Ref:183199)   #4
philneast
Racer

Australia
Hobart , Tasmania, Australia
philneast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it was a blast!

The track was a bit daunting with very litle run off area and those plastic barriers look awful hard when you are going flat out, even in a "J".
It was a fun track, the bus stop section really got the kart light.

We both got through without bending the kart, Luke got a fifth out of 12 in the last heat. He had a bit of trouble with weight as he is a heavy and they ran a combined class halfway between light and heavy. Up the hill the lighter drivers would just ease away a bit.

I got a second place in the handicap race and got fourth out of five in the over 40's.

Paul Stokell made a not so brilliant return to karts. Had a roll over in practice at the club track then a DNF in the Max feature race. Looked quick while he was going, maybe a bit too eager.

Lotsa of toher stuff including a two seater kart, drag cars off road stuff. Didn't see it all as the kart kept us pretty busy.