Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 24 Jun 2007, 18:38 (Ref:1945640)   #26
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Bugger for will Power , a Puntcure

so distraught I cant spell puncture correctly
Old 24 Jun 2007, 18:39 (Ref:1945641)   #27
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
So, who's now in the effective lead - ie. definitely can make it to the end without stopping?
Old 24 Jun 2007, 18:39 (Ref:1945642)   #28
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rahal vs. Tracy. Well this is annoying, I want both to win.

I suppose it would be better for PT to win to prolong his decaying career. But Rahal looks far quicker.

I think the lead two can make it to the end for sure. Surely they can last ten minutes? They don't look to be backing out of it either...

Bourdais had an engine failure. A crying shame.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 18:42 (Ref:1945644)   #29
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice time for an ad-break Eurosport! Do me a favour...
Old 24 Jun 2007, 18:43 (Ref:1945645)   #30
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
I think the lead two can make it to the end for sure. Surely they can last ten minutes? They don't look to be backing out of it either...
Given when Rahal last stopped, I'd be very surprised.

PT will either make it to the end, or cause the last caution period as he stops on circuit with an empty tank one or two laps from home...
Old 24 Jun 2007, 18:46 (Ref:1945647)   #31
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well why your down at Tesco's saving 3 cents on sliced Cheese Knowlesy , Rahal and Tracy are going at it.

I wouldnt count Doornbos out either
Old 24 Jun 2007, 18:47 (Ref:1945648)   #32
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Rahal in.

I couldn't remember when he had last stopped. Oh well, that's a shame.

So, err, Doornbos against PT?
Old 24 Jun 2007, 18:49 (Ref:1945651)   #33
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Come on PT...
Old 24 Jun 2007, 18:49 (Ref:1945652)   #34
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
So, err, Doornbos against PT?
Nah, gap's too big for it to be a proper battle.

Only way it'll be a one against the other is if PT used too much fuel defending - but it looks unlikely.

Mind you - Doornbos has 3times the Cosworth PTP left, and he's closing - maybe I was wrong...
Old 24 Jun 2007, 18:50 (Ref:1945653)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

He's close enough to apply pressure.

But alas, not close enough.

WOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 24 Jun 2007, 18:52 (Ref:1945654)   #36
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Well, it appears the way to win a race is spend the first few laps driving into everyone else, thus requiring extra stops to fix your car, which put you onto the ideal strategy to win.

Who'd have thought?
Old 24 Jun 2007, 18:52 (Ref:1945655)   #37
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
well there ya go , well done PT
Old 24 Jun 2007, 18:57 (Ref:1945661)   #38
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Weird. At the start of the race I was thinking "Come on Paul, time to jack it in. Please stop, it is getting embarrassing." I have defended Paul for the indefensible, but I could no longer justify it.

And then he wins. Thanks to his bad start granted, but a win nevertheless. Fighting stuff.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 19:43 (Ref:1945683)   #39
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Full Race results and Championship standings are posted above
Old 25 Jun 2007, 15:56 (Ref:1946420)   #40
Eurosnob
Rookie

Eurosnob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just finished watching the race. And I would like to go in the column marked 'yes' for the this track and the new cars if anyone is keeping score. :-)

Did anyone pick up in the post race interview that Dornbos seemed to be saying that he had no p2p left?

Was he actually out or do you think he was doing a big D'oh! forehead slap soon afterwards in the debrief?

Anyone heard anything?
Old 25 Jun 2007, 16:56 (Ref:1946486)   #41
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah, he said he was saving it for the last laps, and then suddenly he had nothing left

it's a bit odd, the commentators said he had 35s of it left after the race
Old 26 Jun 2007, 12:49 (Ref:1947219)   #42
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, it probably isn't beyond belief that the P2P malfunctions sometimes.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 04:38 (Ref:1947785)   #43
tony griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
california
tony griffiths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why didnt Tracey get penalised for rear ending two cars ??????????????
Old 27 Jun 2007, 07:47 (Ref:1947860)   #44
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done Paul - plenty of fire left in your belly .... Another great drive by Robert Doornbos, good to see a tight championship battle with Sebastian's run of luck starting to disappear...
Old 28 Jun 2007, 09:25 (Ref:1948827)   #45
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The call to penalise Doornbos with a drive through was pretty poor in my book. I am not a fan of the rule, but regardless Rahal managed to pass him but Doornbos was still penalised.

All in all though it was a pretty interesting race.
Old 28 Jun 2007, 18:58 (Ref:1949091)   #46
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It seemed rather odd to me. Rahal still had an open lane at his disposal since Doornbos did NOT really close the door on him.
Old 29 Jun 2007, 11:56 (Ref:1949634)   #47
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah Doornbos squeezed him yes but when the car behind still overtakes its a bit hard to penalise someone. Especially when Speedy Clarke got away only with a warning for almost sending Rahal into the wall at Portland.