Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 19 Aug 2007, 13:24 (Ref:1992013)   #1
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Why Canadian anthem?

Last couple of races they play the Canadian anthem. It's clear why they did it at the Montreal Busch race, but why in Watkins Glen and Michigan?
Old 19 Aug 2007, 13:27 (Ref:1992018)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is it because of the position of the tracks relative to the Canadian border I wonder?

It is strange though.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 15:03 (Ref:1992071)   #3
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure about Watkins Glen, but I remember macdaddy (a Canadian) in the Champcar forum mentioning that the play both anthems at Michigan for the ChampCar races that were there.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 19 Aug 2007, 16:15 (Ref:1992098)   #4
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any chance it's anything to do with this? Not sure when they expanded though

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/nascar...=9949&hubname=
Old 19 Aug 2007, 19:37 (Ref:1992212)   #5
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
They always used to sing it at the New Hampshire races, but, they have stopped lately. All I have to say, is at Montréal, the girl that sung the anthem, she was one heck of a looker, and had a voice to match.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 23:22 (Ref:1992397)   #6
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Duly noted.
Old 24 Aug 2007, 17:01 (Ref:1995914)   #7
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
They always used to sing it at the New Hampshire races, but, they have stopped lately. All I have to say, is at Montréal, the girl that sung the anthem, she was one heck of a looker, and had a voice to match.
I disagree wholeheartedly. She looked about 12 years old and butchered both anthems. Wherever an anthem is played they need to bring in a military band to play it. "Artists" seem to have a strong tendency to "art-up" their work and shame if not everyone who is listening to them,themselves. Hot sports opinion, no?

Chris
Old 24 Aug 2007, 18:13 (Ref:1995967)   #8
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz
I disagree wholeheartedly. She looked about 12 years old and butchered both anthems. Wherever an anthem is played they need to bring in a military band to play it. "Artists" seem to have a strong tendency to "art-up" their work and shame if not everyone who is listening to them,themselves. Hot sports opinion, no?

Chris
I can't say anything about how it was performed, as I really don't know how the Canadian anthem is supposed to sound like. So, I assumed she did well. Also, I am only 17, so, the 'looker' opinion comes from a 17 year olds mind here, haha.
Old 24 Aug 2007, 20:12 (Ref:1996009)   #9
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
lol. I'm 17 and I must say I still disagree lol. But both Anthems were butchered hardcore - no offence to your future wife.

Chris
Old 24 Aug 2007, 20:32 (Ref:1996019)   #10
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Wait, both? I never heard the American anthem played, only the Canadian. However, I do agree, leave the anthem singing to military personnel.