Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 13 Aug 2007, 18:40 (Ref:1987740)   #26
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Knockhill would be good for NASCAR, new pits would be needed and they could be placed on the outside of Hislops (back Straight). They would also have to use the Tri-Oval shortcut. Knochill would then be perfect
Old 13 Aug 2007, 20:15 (Ref:1987864)   #27
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Geez, 30 + NASCARs down Duffus Dip from a rolling start !! Where's my camera with the very long zoom, I want to see it but not from close up !
Old 14 Aug 2007, 11:00 (Ref:1988264)   #28
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Lime Rock? 43 cars on that short track??? If you thought Martinsville was a wreck waiting to happen, Lime Rock is a death waiting to happen with cars that heavy that don't stop well and go that fast with that much power, somebody would go flying pass the grass, the guardrail and keep going....

NO ROVALS!

Again Knockhill would be good if you like carnage....! lol

Yeah Scots, you would need to be up on the hill because you don't want 10 cars to come crashing at you at full chat...lol Which might not happen at the start but seeing what happen up in Canada and at the Glen this weekend at the end of the races...

Motegi is a given its an OVAL....
Old 14 Aug 2007, 13:05 (Ref:1988375)   #29
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie
Lime Rock? 43 cars on that short track??? If you thought Martinsville was a wreck waiting to happen, Lime Rock is a death waiting to happen with cars that heavy that don't stop well and go that fast with that much power, somebody would go flying pass the grass, the guardrail and keep going....
You ever actually been there when they have the Busch North/East? I have, and I can tell you, they run just fine at that "little" track.
Old 14 Aug 2007, 23:50 (Ref:1989228)   #30
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think with the UK having Rockingham and Germany having Eurospeedway, it'd be good to have a European double header, I for one would go to see NASCAR at Rockingham and maybe Eurospeedway!! I know a dream!!
Old 23 Aug 2007, 01:03 (Ref:1994833)   #31
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Do the Busch North guys use the chicane at Lime Rock?

I will say this, if they did run Monza, and not just the road course, they would need restrictor plates.

A bit off topic, but since we're talking about tracks, what are the turns now banked at at Bristol?
Old 23 Aug 2007, 01:35 (Ref:1994839)   #32
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
The Busch North guys don't use the chicane, I used the wrong layout for my post. The banking at Bristol used to be 36 degrees, but, its somewhat lower now, due to the resurfacing and variable banking.
Old 23 Aug 2007, 08:04 (Ref:1994909)   #33
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallory -1 mile oval run in the "wrong" direction, like we used to with Eurocars.
Old 23 Aug 2007, 16:33 (Ref:1995212)   #34
Mulsanne Bleu
Rookie

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Mulsanne Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just thinking of the most unlikely course...

...how about the Guia course at Macau (as much likely to happen as a NASCAR race taking place at the Nordschleife or Monaco)
Old 23 Aug 2007, 21:57 (Ref:1995478)   #35
chemhead1
Racer

United States
Buying H-doujins in Los Angeles, CA
chemhead1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLLRNNN
Just thinking of the most unlikely course...

...how about the Guia course at Macau (as much likely to happen as a NASCAR race taking place at the Nordschleife or Monaco)
Although I'd love to see a demo from one car. Even if Melco would be almost completely impossible to take.
Old 24 Aug 2007, 02:54 (Ref:1995565)   #36
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
North Wilkesboro!

or perhaps Mallory Park

A street circuit!
My next trip past North Wilkesboro I will try to stop and take some photos of the track as it is today. I was going to stop a couple months ago but I got pulled over on the highway for speeding near the track and I was so upset that I forgot to stop.
Old 25 Aug 2007, 12:17 (Ref:1996247)   #37
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6

Monaco (just to see if ANYBODY could finish)
can a stock car get round Loews?
Old 26 Aug 2007, 18:58 (Ref:1996946)   #38
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Turn left, full lock, increase volume pedal, navigate via side window...
Old 26 Aug 2007, 23:39 (Ref:1997164)   #39
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rockingham UK
Eurospeedway
Warneton
North Wilkes
Old 28 Aug 2007, 16:05 (Ref:1998483)   #40
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In the US - Laguna Seca, Sears Point with the carousel and some street circuit. And another half miler.
Old 28 Aug 2007, 16:23 (Ref:1998508)   #41
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
In the US - Laguna Seca, Sears Point with the carousel and some street circuit. And another half miler.
They used to run the Carousel at Infineon though.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 03:03 (Ref:1999781)   #42
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Having just been to Mosport for the first time for the ALMS weekend, I want to re-iterate it as a desired venue.

It looked like a thoroughly cool track from TV, but having now seen it used in person...man, oh man, oh man...

I would LOVE to see them racing there. Talk about a hardcore, high-speed challenge...
Old 30 Aug 2007, 13:41 (Ref:2000069)   #43
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Having just been to Mosport for the first time for the ALMS weekend, I want to re-iterate it as a desired venue.

It looked like a thoroughly cool track from TV, but having now seen it used in person...man, oh man, oh man...

I would LOVE to see them racing there. Talk about a hardcore, high-speed challenge...
Yeah, Mosport is one of my favorites. We raced at Mosport in the old Trans Am series and it was one heck of a track. We started in, I believe 30 something, and was up to 13th when Marybeth got a little too agressive and spun out. My favorite though is Laguna Seca.
Old 31 Aug 2007, 13:17 (Ref:2000853)   #44
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The CASCAR series runs at Mosport every year and it is almost always very entertaining. Stock Cars on road courses are great fun. They just move around so much as compared to the cars properly engineered for such courses.
I would like to see NASCAR on more road courses period. I am a peripheral fan now but could be lured with the addition of more raod courses.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 31 Aug 2007, 15:35 (Ref:2000919)   #45
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back in the mid 60's USAC ran stock cars at Mosport. Mario Andretti rolled a Dodge down turn 2. The USAC circuit was not too far off NAPCAR for names in those days. Parnelli Jones, Don White, Jerry Grant and so on.
Richard Petty was also there in a rented Dodge.