Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 17 Sep 2007, 07:46 (Ref:2015319)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A race, any race?

I've got a new car and I want to race it. I'm booked into race this weekend, but have just blown a head gasket. Easy to fix, except it has taken a chunk (slight exageration) out of the head and the block. So I will be missing that.

Any ideas of a race I can enter before next year? The car is an MGB and I am just looking to do a race to get back into it. Obviously I could do a track/test day. I've done a couple in it, and will, no doubt, do more, but I'd like to go through a race to get back into the swing of things before next year.

There is a great meeting at Snetterton on October 6/7th, but can't make that due to a previous commitments. I've checked the usual sources of a race (MGCC, Cockshoot, CSCC, a few others) and can't see anything obvious. An all comers race would be bob on.

The only other one I can find is a race I would love to do, Spa on October 21/22. However I am a little retiscent to do Spa as my first race (also might need a bigger fuel tank).

Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 07:56 (Ref:2015326)   #2
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Anglesey, Dec 2nd.

It may be cold, it may be wet, but it will be fun!
Old 17 Sep 2007, 08:44 (Ref:2015375)   #3
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The CTCRC meeting at Silverstone Stowe on Oct 27th - http://stowe.classictouringcars.com/ Three races for £110.

Or MSVR open sports cars at Brands, which is the same date I think
Old 17 Sep 2007, 09:36 (Ref:2015429)   #4
andypipe
Veteran

England
Essex
andypipe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or BARC SEC Sports and Saloons

http://www.barc.net/regional_centres..._Regs_2007.pdf
Old 17 Sep 2007, 10:18 (Ref:2015467)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
or SEMSEC.

I guess it depends on how far you're willing to travl (a fair distance by the sound of it but then Spa is a special case )
Old 17 Sep 2007, 10:55 (Ref:2015504)   #6
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Is there an "8 Clubs Revival" supporting the Walter Hayes Trophy at Silverstone this year (3/4 Nov)? One of the best races of the year with lots of historics and classics out, but my car needs a through winter rebuild come October

http://www.walterhayestrophy.co.uk/
Old 17 Sep 2007, 11:59 (Ref:2015569)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wow, I'll have to work through these. So we have:

27 Oct Silverstone Stowe, CTCRC. Downloaded the regs/entry form.
27 Oct Brands, MSVR open. Who is the organising club, MSV?
27 Oct Lydden, SEMSEC. Downloaded the regs/entry form.

3/4 Nov, Silverstone. 8 Clubs Revical? Website just a title page at the mo.

10 Nov, Brands, BRSCC, BARC Southern Sports and Saloon Car. No entry form yet.

2 Dec, Anglesey. Dave who is the organising club? Looked at the calendar on the circuit website, it seems to be Anglesey itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
I guess it depends on how far you're willing to travl (a fair distance by the sound of it but then Spa is a special case )
Well if I did it would be my first race with the car. I was putting off (for the want of a better expression) Spa till next year.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 12:12 (Ref:2015581)   #8
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Anglesey entry form here - http://www.brsccnw.com/ACC%202%20Dec%2007.pdf

Email James Beckett at BRDC to find out if the 8 Clubs is on and for an entry form

MSVR are the organisers for the Brands race - but, yes, they are part of MSV
Old 17 Sep 2007, 12:15 (Ref:2015591)   #9
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brands 27 Oct - MSVR. I believe David Willey is the guy you need to speak to there.

Edited the rest, its what Graeme said.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 13:20 (Ref:2015674)   #10
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Adam, 14th October with the SR&GTC at Mallory which I believe is reasonably local to you.
If you are interested let me know and I will tell the co-ordinator you may be along.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 13:32 (Ref:2015692)   #11
GordonG
Racer

GordonG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
29 Sept 750MC at Snet - just announced a 28min+1 lap race with an 18 min quali allcommers race for £150. Assuming they'll let someone in who's not racing on one of the other formulae that weekend, that would seem to offer unrivalled track time for the money.

G
Old 19 Sep 2007, 07:23 (Ref:2017623)   #12
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adam,go and do Spa,you know you want to.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 19:40 (Ref:2022913)   #13
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore

Well if I did it would be my first race with the car. I was putting off (for the want of a better expression) Spa till next year.
I've just got back from the ADAC meeting at Nurburgring with the CSCC and it was a blast - the Spa round on 21st/22nd is their season finale so why put off a good thing? Plus for sheer gluttony the CSCC Swinging Sixties first round 2008 is also at Spa - gives a nice end to one season and start to the next - as Terence says - you know you wanna!
Old 25 Sep 2007, 19:54 (Ref:2022926)   #14
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGT6
I've just got back from the ADAC meeting at Nurburgring with the CSCC
There's a name for people like you I wanted to do that but my car's too modern. So how was the 'Ring as a "sprint" race?
Old 26 Sep 2007, 21:08 (Ref:2023887)   #15
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Graeme, can't recommend it highly enough - 6 laps of the full GP circuit plus Nordschliefe - I guess it qualifies as a sprint to the old hands but it's a good old distance for us mere mortals used to 20 to 30 minute jobs around an old air base! the worst part was that we were in with a 250k race and had to leave the track whilst they were still racing - really tempted just to "mis-count" the laps and keep circulating!
Old 27 Sep 2007, 10:54 (Ref:2024284)   #16
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Very jealous. I'm trying (rather unsucessfully) to sort a Caterham race on the Nordschleife - a lot of drivers are very for it and a lot are very against it. Did you have much 'Ring experience before the weekend? Was it much of a race (with outbraking, going around the outside, etc) or more of a sprint, with some other cars ahead and behind in the distance? How's the marshalling/indicent support? Personally, I think a race there is probably safer than going out in the tourist traffic (which I do and am not decrying)...
Old 27 Sep 2007, 13:59 (Ref:2024409)   #17
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Back onto topic, there is no 8 Clubs race at the WHT this year unfortunately. However, there is Sports and Saloons at Mallory on Boxing Day - practice and two races for £100.
Old 27 Sep 2007, 19:59 (Ref:2024653)   #18
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BARC sports/saloons entry forms for October 6th and November 11th are on the BARC webite, in the south east centres section, then go to regulations.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 10:07 (Ref:2029713)   #19
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore

27 Oct Brands, MSVR open. Who is the organising club, MSV?
10 Nov, Brands, BRSCC, BARC Southern Sports and Saloon Car. No entry form yet.
Any these open to single seaters? BARC FRenault?

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 3 Oct 2007, 10:42 (Ref:2029743)   #20
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are singfle seaters at Lydden this Saturday with the BARC south east for £135 (two races). Entries still being taken. Not sure about the other two meetings, you need to contact MSVR.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 10:46 (Ref:2029747)   #21
Ian Sowman
Veteran

There's no open single seaters on the timetable for that MSVR meeting. Only open single seater winter race I know of is the Anglesey one on Dec 2.