Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4 Oct 2007, 21:29 (Ref:2031342)   #27
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only just discovered this Thread, so please excuse the lateness!

I was at Llandow that weekend, and the only problem we as marshals had was our post. we were on the inside of the bus stop corner, by the control building. The area in front of our post was full of water. So when a couple of rally cars came by and dipped 2 wheels into our private fishing lake...

There were 2 marshal shaped dry bits on the wall after that.

Anyway, the plans for Llandow are true, and to the best of my knowlege planning permission has now been granted. You can see the plans at www.llandownewydd.co.uk .There's a map on that site, and From that, you will also note that the karting track will also be built on. The hangers on the other side of the track and the nearby industrial estate are all staying put however, as is the rest of the airfeild on the other side of the road (where Bridgend Automobile club have their autotests). I have to say it's a loss, but not an unexpected one given the amount of use Llandow gets. It does mean bye bye to what is effectively my local circuit (I live about 5 miles from it).